Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED] OK, having a problem with a TGA

3 posters

Go down

[RESOLVED] OK, having a problem with a TGA Empty [RESOLVED] OK, having a problem with a TGA

Post by crl Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:31 am

Chives2112's TGA for his CRL Developmental Division car won't go on the car when I try to import it. Not having a problem with the pit crew, for some reason. I wonder if someone can get it on a car then send it to me. Here's the TGA

http://www.mediafire.com/?yqchfsxcpzu4s19

It's a Lenard, so it goes on the Troyer. Don't know why I'm having this problem.

Last edited by crl on Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] OK, having a problem with a TGA Empty Re: [RESOLVED] OK, having a problem with a TGA

Post by gwoodard41 Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:34 am

I would download winmip2, if you don't have it.

Save the flat as .png or whatever, open up winmip, go to options, car file editor, find the car file in the series folder in the Nascar Racing 2003 folder. Export the car texture, it will save as .bmp, save it on the desktop, remember the flat I told you to save as .png?

Open two windows of microsoft paint, then open both the original .bmp in one window, and then the flat in the other. Ctrl A then Ctrl C (Select and copy the flat you want to import) then paste it on the .bmp (exported texture) now save the .bmp.

Import the texture, it should appear, make sure the 24 bit compression is on with the resolution present (usually 1024x1024). Save the car file, you have to make sure you put .car at the end of the save name otherwise it will be just a physics file (.cup, .gns, .cts, etc...) If you want, make a copy of the original car file before you do this, and then save over the original car file in the series folder, not the backup copy.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] OK, having a problem with a TGA Empty Re: [RESOLVED] OK, having a problem with a TGA

Post by crl Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:02 am

Can't open winmip2.

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
[RESOLVED] OK, having a problem with a TGA NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:02 am

crl wrote:Can't open winmip2.

Does it give a reason why?
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:40 pm

This:
[RESOLVED] OK, having a problem with a TGA Winmipprob

[RESOLVED] OK, having a problem with a TGA NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:54 pm

Pick a random PSD that's the same resolution as the .tga. Put the .tga as the top layer and save the thing as a new .tga. I was having a similar problem and this fixed it.

This ought to fix WinMip, by the way: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/180071

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:12 pm

Tried vbooy's solution, and that didn't work, either. So, I downloaded the JPG of the design Chives sent me, put it in GIMP, added the contigs and Lenard logo, saved it under a different file name as a TGA, opened up the game, and, thankfully, the skin took to the car. So, breathe easy, Chives, your car is finished. Very Happy

crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:20 pm

crl wrote:Tried vbooy's solution, and that didn't work, either. So, I downloaded the JPG of the design Chives sent me, put it in GIMP, added the contigs and Lenard logo, saved it under a different file name as a TGA, opened up the game, and, thankfully, the skin took to the car. So, breathe easy, Chives, your car is finished. Very Happy
Hahaha, thanks, bud! Very Happy
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down