Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

+48
Dan Mackay
Mystrsyko
antknee
Nextelracer
BWard
rightdrive1
GamerAzuzu
gwoodard41
Nascarfan13
hect
OpenwheelRiggleman
BBoy
F1V1
JMac525
Blackout
Alta
Syzygy
PKligBKFan
Cynon
Racerfan275
Vincent Giacalone
Chives2112
RealRacer4
Tanrar
teamwhiper
PackerMan71
crl
RyanB06
Magus978
pennst24
pepsibottle1
conrail1990
navycook75
racingfreak1999
bartman97
day500champ1
Ben Atkins
Mother of Invention
Sparkz47
AntmanB
FlashRod4
MPatterson1724
Blake Camphausen
f1fan12
Cardinals5
flyingturns89
Jason Hamilton
Rykia
52 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) - Page 10 Empty Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by flyingturns89 Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:04 pm

gwoodard41 wrote:Alas, I will not have a valentine for said day, nor have i had one previous to today, my life sucks Sad

^This.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) - Page 10 Empty Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:08 pm

BurningThunder wrote:
f1fan12 wrote:
BurningThunder wrote:And the record for furthest distance between anyone and their valentine goes to me. The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) - Page 10 215644238

Russian Girl?

Good call! Yeah, the distance is about 5500 miles, but somehow we make it work out. Her and I met about 10 months ago in St. Petersburg (Russia, not Florida), and we've been really close since then. I could go into more details but I don't want to bore you, even though it is a pretty entertaining story. Most of the ISRA guys have heard it so they know what I'm talking about xD
You should go into details because, as we've proved by being on the internet, we've nothing better to do with our lives. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:46 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:
gwoodard41 wrote:Alas, I will not have a valentine for said day, nor have i had one previous to today, my life sucks Sad

^This.

I 3rd this. Although, I wouldn't say my life sucks.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:56 pm

day500champ1 wrote:
flyingturns89 wrote:

^This.

I 3rd this. Although, I wouldn't say my life sucks.
4th, but I bet you gentlemen are like me and haven't tried do to rock bottom self-esteem. Whoo, lack of self-confidence for the win!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:29 pm

My girlfriend and I ...

... yeah, didn't do anything because we were busy today. It's not a day we particularly care about anyways...

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:51 pm

The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) - Page 10 Demotivational-posters-haters that's awesome....
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:10 pm

navycook75 wrote:The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) - Page 10 Demotivational-posters-haters that's awesome....
no comment Laughing

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:17 pm

Racerfan275 wrote:
navycook75 wrote:The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) - Page 10 Demotivational-posters-haters that's awesome....
no comment Laughing
but "No Comment" is a comment.....
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:23 pm

Ward Burton is a trending topic on racing-reference.info Very Happy
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:27 pm

navycook75 wrote:
Racerfan275 wrote:
no comment Laughing

So, it's a comment that consist of a lack of comment. Or is it a comment within a comment? Question
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:39 pm

day500champ1 wrote:
navycook75 wrote:
Racerfan275 wrote:
no comment Laughing

So, it's a comment that consist of a lack of comment. Or is it a comment within a comment? Question

/inceptionmoment
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:54 pm

day500champ1 wrote:
navycook75 wrote:
Racerfan275 wrote:
no comment Laughing

The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) - Page 10 Xzibit
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:00 pm

I don't see what is so hard about this.

All I'm trying to figure out is can you respond to a comment with a non-comment when in fact that non-comment is a comment. It's that simple.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:04 pm

day500champ1 wrote:I don't see what is so hard about this.

All I'm trying to figure out is can you respond to a comment with a non-comment when in fact that non-comment is a comment. It's that simple.

Don't hurt yourself Ryan. Very Happy
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:07 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:
day500champ1 wrote:I don't see what is so hard about this.

Don't hurt yourself Ryan. Very Happy

Don't worry about me. I blew my mind out once, so it's prepared for this.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hamilton Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:55 am

Popcorn FTW
Jason Hamilton
Jason Hamilton
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsibottle1 Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:18 am

My Valentine's day was just like any other. Went to school, dealed with the idiocracy, came home, did my homework and blasted the stereo. I feel sorry for those who take the damn day so seriously and set themselves up for failure/heartbreak but hey, they had it coming. If you know you aren't going to get any, why do you think today is going to be any different? As for myself, I enjoy the single life. Right now, I don't want to be bound by anyone else and besides, my high school is full of sluts anyways so why bother?

To me, it was just another day in the office. Errrrm, mental prison Laughing
pepsibottle1
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:29 pm

pepsibottle1 wrote:My Valentine's day was just like any other. Went to school, dealed with the idiocracy, came home, did my homework and blasted the stereo. I feel sorry for those who take the damn day so seriously and set themselves up for failure/heartbreak but hey, they had it coming. If you know you aren't going to get any, why do you think today is going to be any different? As for myself, I enjoy the single life. Right now, I don't want to be bound by anyone else and besides, my high school is full of sluts anyways so why bother?

To me, it was just another day in the office. Errrrm, mental prison Laughing

Great outlook on life! Smile

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanrar Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:25 pm

New avatar. Thank you very much, Ben.
Tanrar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:39 pm

Your avatar needs moar of this...stolen shamelessly from old EFR, something we need to have back here.

The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) - Page 10 SAni_kittydance
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:31 pm

So, while I was busy programming (or, more appropriately, UNprogramming the bad program from) a CNC machine, someone walked off with my TI-89 calculator. I figured that as a JUNIOR in college this is the kind of crap that wouldn't happen. I mean, it's not like I need that calculator, I'm only a mechanical engineering student in two machine design courses.

Also, anyone who can program halfway decently, the CNC program I had to deal with today would give you a stroke Laughing
Cardinals5
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:08 am

Cardinals5 wrote:Also, anyone who can program halfway decently, the CNC program I had to deal with today would give you a stroke Laughing

I've never written anything for CNC, but I could probably figure it out. I had to sift through code for an open-source paint program with documentation in RUSSIAN (with no English support for it, to boot) and figure out where everything was... Mad

Were you doing it with EMC/EMC2? I only ask because I'm quite the fan of open source stuff.

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:54 am

Cynon wrote:
Cardinals5 wrote:Also, anyone who can program halfway decently, the CNC program I had to deal with today would give you a stroke Laughing

I've never written anything for CNC, but I could probably figure it out. I had to sift through code for an open-source paint program with documentation in RUSSIAN (with no English support for it, to boot) and figure out where everything was... Mad

Were you doing it with EMC/EMC2? I only ask because I'm quite the fan of open source stuff.

No, we were using OpenCam and the various things with it. We got the solid model working in Solidworks (i.e. we defined an origin and what we needed done to the material). It wrote an INI code to do the work, but we discovered that somewhere in the actual set up of the CNC machine, there's a program to move the spindle head that basically froze it in the Z-axis (meaning it would move left to right but not up and down, rendering it basically an expensive spindle sander). When we got the Z-axis to move, the spindle didn't spin.

Granted, this is better than it was. The previous programming was in German. Also, it was from 1977, so the programming language was...odd.
Cardinals5
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Cardinals5 wrote:So, while I was busy programming (or, more appropriately, UNprogramming the bad program from) a CNC machine, someone walked off with my TI-89 calculator. I figured that as a JUNIOR in college this is the kind of crap that wouldn't happen. I mean, it's not like I need that calculator, I'm only a mechanical engineering student in two machine design courses.

Also, anyone who can program halfway decently, the CNC program I had to deal with today would give you a stroke Laughing

I had to do CNC work in seventh grade. I then thought it was some of the hardest stuff I'd ever done. Me and my partner would ask the teacher something, and he'd always laugh and say that it is easy. I didn't take any more of those classes after that.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:39 pm

Cynon wrote:

Get Burningthunder on it. Very Happy
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:05 pm

f1fan12 wrote:
Cynon wrote:

Get Burningthunder on it. Very Happy

Little late for that, I've already replaced all the documentation with my own annotations in English. Laughing

Cardinals5 wrote:
No, we were using OpenCam and the various things with it. We got the solid model working in Solidworks (i.e. we defined an origin and what we needed done to the material). It wrote an INI code to do the work, but we discovered that somewhere in the actual set up of the CNC machine, there's a program to move the spindle head that basically froze it in the Z-axis (meaning it would move left to right but not up and down, rendering it basically an expensive spindle sander). When we got the Z-axis to move, the spindle didn't spin.

Granted, this is better than it was. The previous programming was in German. Also, it was from 1977, so the programming language was...odd.

At least you're not doing it in assembly... Laughing

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:30 pm

Ahh, you people that have programming for all these years...I have 3 weeks under my belt. Beat that. I learned if-then statements in java.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:14 pm

Just got back from my first day of tennis practice. I returned a hit really hard and hit a girl right in the face. She was fine, but I still feel kind of bad about it. The sad part is it would have been a beautiful cross-court shot if it hadn't been...um...interrupted.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Camphausen Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:16 pm

Sparkz47 wrote:Just got back from my first day of tennis practice. I returned a hit really hard and hit a girl right in the face. She was fine, but I still feel kind of bad about it. The sad part is it would have been a beautiful cross-court shot if it hadn't been...um...interrupted.
Most entertaining thing that has to do with Tennis I have ever read.
Blake Camphausen
Blake Camphausen
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:34 pm

Sparkz47 wrote:Just got back from my first day of tennis practice. I returned a hit really hard and hit a girl right in the face. She was fine, but I still feel kind of bad about it. The sad part is it would have been a beautiful cross-court shot if it hadn't been...um...interrupted.
reminds me of the time I got hit in the nuts with a tennis ball.....needless to say that was the last time we were allowed to play tennis ball dodgeball.....
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystrsyko Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:10 pm

Not sure how many of you are "experts" on bowling, but I figure this new ball I got should be good for a laugh at least
The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) - Page 10 IMG_5636
yes, that has too extra holes, and yes, I throw it just fine that way. I have nicknamed it "Four Eyes", lol
Mystrsyko
Mystrsyko
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:22 pm

^I actually have seen this before. Tbh, it's the kind of preference I have for using a bowling ball. You can pretty much put as much power down as you want. Being that I'm a n00b, it kind of makes me feel good about it.
The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) - Page 10 Untitled-1

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:30 pm

Mystrsyko wrote:Not sure how many of you are "experts" on bowling, but I figure this new ball I got should be good for a laugh at least
yes, that has too extra holes, and yes, I throw it just fine that way. I have nicknamed it "Four Eyes", lol

Actually, I wouldn't mind having a ball like that, being that I'm ambidextrous and I sometimes hate bowling righty
Cardinals5
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:47 pm

navycook75 wrote:
reminds me of the time I got hit in the nuts with a tennis ball.....needless to say that was the last time we were allowed to play tennis ball dodgeball.....

I played racquetball dodgeball once. Game ended after I got knocked unconscious. True story. Got nailed right in the temple.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bartman97 Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:21 am

flyingturns89 wrote:
navycook75 wrote:

I played racquetball dodgeball once. Game ended after I got knocked unconscious. True story. Got nailed right in the temple.

YOU GOT KNOCKED THE FUGG OUT!!!
bartman97
bartman97
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:51 am

Mystrsyko wrote:Not sure how many of you are "experts" on bowling, but I figure this new ball I got should be good for a laugh at least

Does Keith Sherman post here? I know he's a huge bowling fanatic.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:55 am

bartman97 wrote:
flyingturns89 wrote:
navycook75 wrote:

Damn right. Then I got up and just shook it off. I can't remember anything from that day, but otherwise I'm fine.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsibottle1 Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:15 am

Whatcha using? I've got a Storm Dimension for my main ball and I use a Brunswick Crown Jewel for my corner spares. Averaging 173 right now in my league. Believe it or not, I'm an avid bowler myself. Been bowling for 8 years now Cool

As for programming, I'm doing mini Sumo-Bots and just said fuck it after a classmate put sonar on his and I'm so far behind. Electronics is not my forte. Gimme a challenge involving 4 wheels and a gasoline powered engine though and I'll whip his ass Very Happy
pepsibottle1
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystrsyko Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:34 am

pepsibottle1 wrote:

Whatcha using? I've got a Storm Dimension for my main ball and I use a Brunswick Crown Jewel for my corner spares. Averaging 173 right now in my league. Believe it or not, I'm an avid bowler myself. Been bowling for 8 years now Cool
In my Thursday night league I'm averaging 199 using mostly a 6 year old Ebonite Ice, and my Sunday league is on PBA patterns, so i'm only averaging 169, lol. I throw pretty much everything I own in that league trying to figure out the oil. My Brunswick Ultimate Inferno seems to get the most use. This new ball is just a White Dot. I got it as an experiment to see how I like the grip. If it works out I may drill a reactive that way
Mystrsyko
Mystrsyko
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by bartman97 Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:14 pm

bartman97
bartman97
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:48 pm

bartman97 wrote:
flyingturns89 wrote:
navycook75 wrote:

PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:33 pm

PackerMan71 wrote:
bartman97 wrote:
flyingturns89 wrote:
navycook75 wrote:

As previously stated, yes I did.

Anyways, went on YouTube to find on some videos a 30 second ad for Nickelodeon's new show for internet celebrity Fred. Here's what it said:

"Hey it's FRED!!!!!!!!!!!
Woah, woah, woah, don't push the skip button."

I didn't hear the rest of it cause I pushed the skip button.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:40 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:
PackerMan71 wrote:
bartman97 wrote:
flyingturns89 wrote:
navycook75 wrote:

As previously stated, yes I did.

Anyways, went on YouTube to find on some videos a 30 second ad for Nickelodeon's new show for internet celebrity Fred. Here's what it said:

"Hey it's FRED!!!!!!!!!!!
Woah, woah, woah, don't push the skip button."

I didn't hear the rest of it cause I pushed the skip button.
don't push the skip button? who the hell does he think he is? the internet police?
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Giacalone Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:59 pm

The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) - Page 10 Photo_10

Eleven years ago today.
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:03 pm

Nascarboy426 wrote:The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) - Page 10 Photo_10

Eleven years ago today.

Yep. I think we all know what happened on this very day 11 years ago. Great way to pay tribute to Dale Earnhardt Sr though.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:06 pm

Eleven years ago today.

Yes, I remember that day. Took a massive crap at the ripe old age of 5.
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:10 pm

Eleven years ago today.
11 years ago was the hardest I cried....then ten years later I cried almost as hard again...

on a happier note....I finally caught up to Chives!
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:23 pm

Eleven years ago today.

No, the silver was not too much. That's really cool.

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:47 pm

Dude, what the hell? There were 138 users online at the same time about two hours ago. The most we had at the old forum was 88.

WTF???? What is this I don't even...
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:49 pm

PackerMan71 wrote:Dude, what the hell? There were 138 users online at the same time about two hours ago. The most we had at the old forum was 88.

WTF???? What is this I don't even...
we broke a record tonight boys....
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next