Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPM considering Kurt Busch in #43 car?

+11
day500champ1
Mother of Invention
F1V1
pepsibottle1
bartman97
navycook75
Chives2112
Alta
pennst24
crl
Vincent Giacalone
15 posters

Go down

RPM considering Kurt Busch in #43 car? Empty RPM considering Kurt Busch in #43 car?

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:39 pm

From Jayski:

RPM considering Kurt Busch in #43 car? Sirius XM NASCAR Radio's Sirius Speedway with Dave Moody has learned that in an effort to retain sponsor Best Buy, Richard Petty Motorsports has proposed replacing AJ Allmendinger as driver of the legendary #43 Ford with Busch. RPM struggled to re-sign Best Buy a year ago, negotiating until early January before inking a one-year contract. The electronics retailer served as major sponsor of the #43 team in 26 events this season.
Richard Petty Motorsports Chief Operating Officer Robbie Loomis confirmed today that discussions have been held regarding Busch, saying, "Best Buy has been a great partner for a long time, and AJ Allmendinger has done a fantastic job for us. He's coming off his best season yet, but I can tell you there is a lot of interest on our part in having Kurt Busch in the fold. It makes sense to have Kurt with our team, if we can make it work.
"Our main focus is to continue building on what we finished the season with last year," said Loomis. "But right now, I feel like I'm running down two different sets of train tracks. From a personal standpoint, nothing has excited me more than when I heard Kurt had become available. I'm excited about the opportunity to add a driver like Kurt Busch to Richard Petty Motorsports. I would mortgage my house to make Kurt a part of this team. We value what he has done on the race track. He has won a (Sprint Cup) championship and worked for a first-class operation like Penske Racing. Guys like that don't come along every day."
Allmendinger finished 15th in 2011 Sprint Cup Series championship points, with one Top-5 and 10 Top-10 finishes. His best finish was a fifth in the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway in late May. Busch won a pair of races this season at Infineon and Dover en route to 11th in points, tallying eight Top-5 and 16 Top-10 finishes. He parted company with Penske Racing earlier this month, in the aftermath of a much-publicized verbal confrontation with ESPN pit reporter Dr. Jerry Punch during the 2011 season finale at Homestead Miami Speedway (Sirius Speedway).
AND no word what Allmendinger would do IF this happens; and not too sure Jack Roush [who Busch drove for before Penske and had issues with], who team supplies cars and engines to RPM would allow this to happen

Oh please no, nooooooo.

Back to top Go down

RPM considering Kurt Busch in #43 car? Empty Re: RPM considering Kurt Busch in #43 car?

Post by Vincent Giacalone Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:46 pm

If AJ gets dropped for Kurt and he can't get the 22, the rest of his career will not be pretty.
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

RPM considering Kurt Busch in #43 car? Empty Re: RPM considering Kurt Busch in #43 car?

Post by crl Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:01 pm

If AJ gets dropped for Kurt, and loses the 22 to Ragan, I'll lose a shitload of respect for Captain Roger.

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
RPM considering Kurt Busch in #43 car? NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:42 pm

As long as the Dinger gets the 22, he gets the better deal IMO.
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:51 pm

If this goes through i believe Allmendinger is a lock for that 22 car, You've got a potential championship contender in Allmendinger over David Ragan who has been 20th-30th the place few years in good equipment.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:42 pm

I don't know if I like this or not... Neutral
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:17 pm

I honestly think it's a toss-up between Allmendinger and Regan for the 22, if Busch gets the 43, which I think he will. I know Dinger has all the stats and common sense behind him, but I just think Regan will get himself a ride like that for no particular reason.

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:55 pm

If Allmendinger gets the 22, he would possibly get his first win next year.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bartman97 Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:07 pm

I'll kind of be happy for Allmendinger, I think he will get 2-3 wins in the Penske car. Brad K+Allmendinger at Penske= Dangerous. David Ragan's as about as useless as boobies on a bull, and Vickers is spreading his holy disease of Vickernism.

BTW if Kurt Busch goes to RPM, then he's probably going to ragequit NASCAR on all costs.
bartman97
bartman97
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsibottle1 Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:42 pm

If you thought Kurt bitched alot on the in car at Penske, wait 'til he goes to RPM. Rage will be taken to a whole new level Wink
pepsibottle1
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by F1V1 Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:47 pm

Brian Vickers more than likely won't ever be the same after suffering from those blood clots. People don't just snap back into their old ways for something as extreme as racing from something that serious. Kurt Busch doesn't deserve a ride if he's going to be a whiny prick 24/7 to the people that are trying to get him wins. I'd very much like to see Allmendinger pick up the #22 car, but I really don't think it's going to happen. Ragan's got a way of weaseling his way into things like this and landing rides based on talk not stats. As sad as it is to say, he's got plenty of money from all his UPS bullshit so I could very easily see him taking that spot.
F1V1
F1V1
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:15 pm

F1V1 wrote:Brian Vickers more than likely won't ever be the same after suffering from those blood clots. People don't just snap back into their old ways for something as extreme as racing from something that serious. Kurt Busch doesn't deserve a ride if he's going to be a whiny prick 24/7 to the people that are trying to get him wins. I'd very much like to see Allmendinger pick up the #22 car, but I really don't think it's going to happen. Ragan's got a way of weaseling his way into things like this and landing rides based on talk not stats. As sad as it is to say, he's got plenty of money from all his UPS bullshit so I could very easily see him taking that spot.

Statistically Ragan has been better then A.J, but AJ Has been much more consistent lately.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by F1V1 Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:44 pm

From what standpoint has Ragan been better statistically than AJ? Allmendinger has thrashed him in the points for the last 3 years driving a less than quality car while Ragan's had a machine that should have been contending for race wins ever since he started with the team. He won Daytona woooooo, so did Derrike Cope.
F1V1
F1V1
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:21 pm

F1V1 wrote:From what standpoint has Ragan been better statistically than AJ? Allmendinger has thrashed him in the points for the last 3 years driving a less than quality car while Ragan's had a machine that should have been contending for race wins ever since he started with the team. He won Daytona woooooo, so did Derrike Cope.

Cope at least had two victories. The other being at Dover, a non-plate track.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by F1V1 Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:59 pm

Ten people finished on the lead lap that race. Cope won only because of a miracle fuel strategy that barely lasted him to the finish, and Ken Schrader gained 5 seconds on him within the closing laps, just didn't have enough time. Not a very convincing way to win a race, but either way that's not the point. Allmendinger is much more deserving of the #22 ride because he's actually a competent driver who could accomplish something driving it.
F1V1
F1V1
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:51 pm

If Richard Petty and RPM replace AJ with Kurt Busch, and AJ is screwed from a ride, I will openly root against RPM

Mother of Invention wrote:
F1V1 wrote:Brian Vickers more than likely won't ever be the same after suffering from those blood clots. People don't just snap back into their old ways for something as extreme as racing from something that serious. Kurt Busch doesn't deserve a ride if he's going to be a whiny prick 24/7 to the people that are trying to get him wins. I'd very much like to see Allmendinger pick up the #22 car, but I really don't think it's going to happen. Ragan's got a way of weaseling his way into things like this and landing rides based on talk not stats. As sad as it is to say, he's got plenty of money from all his UPS bullshit so I could very easily see him taking that spot.

Statistically Ragan has been better then A.J, but AJ Has been much more consistent lately.

Not only that, AJ was groomed for Open Wheelers before hopping into a stock car a few years back. The guy is just starting to get ready to peak, so putting him in a ride like Penske will only be a huge positive. Ragan has been groomed for Stock Cars pretty much for his entire career, and what has he done?!? He's Kevin Conway except he landed a good ride.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:32 am

F1V1 wrote:From what standpoint has Ragan been better statistically than AJ? Allmendinger has thrashed him in the points for the last 3 years driving a less than quality car while Ragan's had a machine that should have been contending for race wins ever since he started with the team. He won Daytona woooooo, so did Derrike Cope.

http://racing-reference.info/drivdet/raganda01/2008/W

that's three spots higher in points and 4 more top-10s then Allmendinger's best year. That being Said I still want AJ in the car.

Ragan has been groomed for Stock Cars pretty much for his entire career, and what has he done?!?

But all he had before getting the #6 ride (which was supposed to be Todd Kluevers) Was a partial Truck Schedule, a couple races for BGN Powerhouse Wayne Day and a partial ARCA schedule. That being said Ragan was rushed into that 6 car.

Give AJ the #22.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by F1V1 Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:10 pm

One year of a little more success doesn't translate to being statistically better I hate to tell you. AJ's 24 top-10s in the last 3 years definitely overshadows Ragan's 14. Whether Ragan was rushed to the car or not, he's proven that he's a worthless, untalented hack and he can't get the job done. I think if Penske makes the smart choice, Allmendinger could be a championship contender.
F1V1
F1V1
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:02 pm

Add the fact of Red Bull in 2006-2007 was no where.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:08 pm

F1V1 wrote:One year of a little more success doesn't translate to being statistically better I hate to tell you. AJ's 24 top-10s in the last 3 years definitely overshadows Ragan's 14. Whether Ragan was rushed to the car or not, he's proven that he's a worthless, untalented hack and he can't get the job done. I think if Penske makes the smart choice, Allmendinger could be a championship contender.

Apparently the people at DMR got his [Ragan's] skill level correct, he caused the big one at Talladega when he and Jimmie Johnson went off the track and back on hitting the majority of the back field.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

RPM considering Kurt Busch in #43 car? Empty RANT!

Post by Mother of Invention Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:43 pm

F1V1 wrote:worthless, untalented hack and he can't get the job done.

By the Way, I am not trying to defend David Ragan, it just seems when people hate on him they don't do any fact checking. He is a bit of a waste of space driver, but pretty much any driver in the 4th Roush car is. Look at McMurray in 2006-2009 did squat except for one fluke win. Then he changes teams and wins the sports three biggest races. I'd like to See Ragan go to a decent team and see if he can get consistent top-15's, then we can see if we have a right to complain. If we should be complaining about any driver taking up space it's Joey Logano.

Last edited by Mother of Invention on Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by racingfreak1999 Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:53 pm

If Ragan gets the 22, I will personally go to North Carolina and punch Roger Penske in the face. But in all seriousness, this is Busch's last shot at a decent ride especially after Red Bull shut down. The same can be said for AJ if this deal does happen. If this happens then AJ better get the 22 but I have a feeling Ragan will weasel his way into that car like he did the 6 car despite being seriously out performed by Allmendinger. If AJ does get the car, he could be a title contender while Ragan would do what he did at Roush. Nothing.
racingfreak1999
racingfreak1999
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by bartman97 Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:55 pm

Statistics don't mean anything, Hetzel, because AJ Allmendinger was in Red Bull cars, and David Ragan has always raced for one of the top teams in NASCAR. Hell, he couldn't even win a Nationwide race until that lucky win at Talladega because Ryan Newman I believe and Dale Jr got together on the frontstretch and cause a accordion effect other than David Ragan. Daytona he got in there to win because team orders I believe were put to Matt Kenseth to let Ragan win his 1st race. David Ragan had that 1 good year that he was "statistically" good. Doesn't mean anything when the next year his average finish falls back to 26th. Allmendinger has shown talent where he's fast in 3/4 of the races. Put him in that Penske car and he'll be a chase contender. Allmendinger in his 1st year had to qualify himself in with Red Bull cars and not much experience. RPM is not a great team either, but Red Bull make RPM look really good. Allmendinger to the #22 if I were Roger Penske.
bartman97
bartman97
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Giacalone Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:34 pm

Mother of Invention wrote:If we should be complaining about any driver taking up space it's Joey Logano.

He has/had talent, but was rushed into the 20. Plain and simple.
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:42 pm

Nascarboy426 wrote:
Mother of Invention wrote:If we should be complaining about any driver taking up space it's Joey Logano.

Yeah, in fairness to Joey, Stewart leaving Gibbs when he did kind of screwed up their plans
Cardinals5
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:32 pm

Nascarboy426 wrote:

Because he hasn't had three years to figure it out. Rolling Eyes

Joey Logano is more like the next Casey Atwood, not the next Jeff Gordon.
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:38 am

pennst24 wrote:
Nascarboy426 wrote:

Because he hasn't had three years to figure it out. Rolling Eyes

Joey Logano is more like the next Casey Atwood, not the next Jeff Gordon.

Except unlike Atwood, Logano has at least been reasonably competitive
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:23 pm

Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:30 pm

Well, that changes things a bit.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:04 pm

That's a little bit easier to swallow, since Kenesth is a class act (if a bit bland), though it still means that the 43 is out a sponsor
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by racingfreak1999 Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:00 pm

PYLrulz wrote:

That's a little bit easier to swallow, since Kenesth is a class act (if a bit bland), though it still means that the 43 is out a sponsor
This also means that the 43 will likely go to whoever possible sponsors prefer.
racingfreak1999
racingfreak1999
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down