Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update on the Kurt Busch situation

+3
Backmarker
PYLrulz
BWard
7 posters

Go down

Update on the Kurt Busch situation Empty Update on the Kurt Busch situation

Post by BWard Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:23 am

BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Update on the Kurt Busch situation Empty Re: Update on the Kurt Busch situation

Post by Lucstar88 Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:37 am

So... what now? he never got charged, will he be back this year? Just a weird situation...

Also could Kurt go to court against NASCAR for suspending him without the charges (Just a random speculation)?
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:49 am

Translation: Back to Nationwide with you, Regan Smith.

I'd expect Kurt to be back sooner rather than later. Perhaps as early as Phoenix.
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:05 pm

NASCAR's already said that Kurt will have to go through their reinstatement program regardless.
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:00 pm

Patricia has released a statement of the verdict

Update on the Kurt Busch situation B_WwX8cW8AA7d4L

Edit : Patricia's attorney has released a statement as well

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_WxD7hWcAI9JjK.jpg
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:32 pm

This result kind of reads off to me as "Well we don't know what happen so screw this!"

It's honestly up to how the teams interpret the case, if they think Kurt's in the right then he'll be back soon, if they think he's in the wrong it will be a while before we see Kurt again.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:44 pm

Alta wrote:This result kind of reads off to me as "Well we don't know what happen so screw this!"

It's honestly up to how the teams interpret the case, if they think Kurt's in the right then he'll be back soon, if they think he's in the wrong it will be a while before we see Kurt again.

Well, didn't Chevrolet say they didn't want anymore to do with Kurt because of this whole case?
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:15 pm

I believe the Chevy deal was for personal services and the like.
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:47 pm

At least with Ray Rice and Adrian Petersen, you had the proof right then and there of what they did. I have a feeling, especially if Kurt doesn't get back on a footing that he was on, that I wouldn't be surprised if a lawsuit happens
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:32 am

From the beginning I found this whole deal suspicious, not one single bit of this made any sense to me. After seeing a video of her failed TV show, I decided to go digging around for more info on her and boy did I find some interesting stuff and with it, a pattern. Apparently, Kurt isn't the first man she gone to court with after separation:

April 8th, 1999: She divorces with her first husband Gilberto Chiquito, files charges against him for Physical abuse (Including second degree assault as well as Harassment, both of which he is not found guilty of) and case is closed

September 23, 2010: Divorces from Husband Geoffrey Hermanstorfer (Father of her son), originally nothing more then a straight/simple/uncomplicated divorce with NO alimony/child support but that was changed and then the courts, at her request, ordered him into taking Child rearing classes. Case was first closed in November 30th, 2011 but was then reopened June 30th last year (by Geoffrey). Patricia then had a "Motion to Strike" filed in August. The hearing started Sept 19th, then The judge ordered a lawyer for the kid as well as the couple go to mediation on October 10th.

So it was true that there was a child custody case prior to her filing those charges against Kurt, but only after having a divorce with Husband #2 that ended exactly like the first one: Making the guy suffer the worst. Overall, this just further confirms to me that she was just trying to get attention (and money) from Kurt as well as make him suffer like she did with her previous exes and what better time then one where domestic violence is a relevent talking point courtesy of the cases with Adrian Peterson and Ray Rice.

And here's some added irony: Patricia got stopped by cops in November (the very same month she pressed those charges) for expired plates AND doing 89 in a 60 zone. She's also been sued for causing an injury from an accident.

Edit: And hilariously, I just found out that On January 1st this year, Patricia got her driver's license suspended for "failure to comply" with the requirement of the traffic citation that she got on 11/28/2014 steming from that stop. This just gets better and better.
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

https://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:04 am

I've said it before elsewhere, and I'll say it again here- Patricia's past is not relevant to the courts' decision. Their job is to decide whether or not there's evidence to support being guilty, not whether or not there's evidence that Patrica is crazy and a bad person. Those facts might come out in the course of the legal process, but that shouldn't be the sole factor supporting the decision.

If you're going to play the past behavior card, though, you need to apply it to Kurt, too. What about when he got a divorce? Or his traffic violations? Or his alcohol problems?
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:00 pm

NeverNeutral wrote:I've said it before elsewhere, and I'll say it again here- Patricia's past is not relevant to the courts' decision. Their job is to decide whether or not there's evidence to support being guilty, not whether or not there's evidence that Patrica is crazy and a bad person. Those facts might come out in the course of the legal process, but that shouldn't be the sole factor supporting the decision.

If you're going to play the past behavior card, though, you need to apply it to Kurt, too. What about when he got a divorce? Or his traffic violations? Or his alcohol problems?

Suspect

What exactly does what I say have to do with the Court? I bring up all this because we know about Kurt but we don't know about Patricia.  Patricia's past divorces are relevent because its part of the pattern I pointed out: Separation first, nasty court case later (in the case of her second husband, the second of which is still ongoing). The fact that she tried to do the exact same thing here that she did to her first husband (including the restraining order) alone makes her intent suspect. The traffic stop (which happened in a car that's registered to Kurt By the way) and getting sued for accident was just some pieces of irony I pointed out due to her trying to make herself out as this perfect and sweet person that has done no wrong when it turns out not only she has, but still is.
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:13 pm

Jenna Fryer ‏@JennaFryer 8m8 minutes ago
#NASCAR; Kurt Busch has been reinstated. Is Chase eligible.

Kurt's back.
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:25 pm

RACECAR wrote:
NeverNeutral wrote:I've said it before elsewhere, and I'll say it again here- Patricia's past is not relevant to the courts' decision. Their job is to decide whether or not there's evidence to support being guilty, not whether or not there's evidence that Patrica is crazy and a bad person. Those facts might come out in the course of the legal process, but that shouldn't be the sole factor supporting the decision.

Suspect

What exactly does what I say have to do with the Court? I bring up all this because we know about Kurt but we don't know about Patricia.  Patricia's past divorces are relevent because its part of the pattern I pointed out: Separation first, nasty court case later (in the case of her second husband, the second of which is still ongoing). The fact that she tried to do the exact same thing here that she did to her first husband (including the restraining order) alone makes her intent suspect. The traffic stop (which happened in a car that's registered to Kurt By the way) and getting sued for accident was just some pieces of irony I pointed out due to her trying to make herself out as this perfect and sweet person that has done no wrong when it turns out not only she has, but still is.
What has Patricia done to suggest she's a perfect person? And again, why does it matter? She's not the one who was accused of and on trial for a crime.

Disappointed in NASCAR. Hopefully Chevy will at least keep him out of SHR.
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:41 pm

NeverNeutral wrote:
What has Patricia done to suggest she's a perfect person? And again, why does it matter? She's not the one who was accused of and on trial for a crime.

The "concern for Kurt's well being" story that she hilariously decided to pull while this has been going on (which come after her comments "I will make him pay" and "He's not walking away from me". True that she's not the one accused of a crime but you appear to have missed something: She painted Kurt as a criminal in exactly the same fashion as she did her first husband. Again, it "Matters" because this comes off less like a victim and more like a Scorned Woman who tryed to make the man pay. Just because a person is accused doesn't automatically make them guilty. They aren't guilty until it is proven beyond reasonable doubt and unfortunately, that is not the case with Kurt. (which means he's not charged and thus, NASCAR has lifted his suspension). All you seem to see is a man who should just automatically be jailed because he's been accused (nevermind the severe lack of evidence).
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:46 pm

Re: Lack of evidence- The restraining order suggested otherwise.

http://beyondtheflag.com/2015/02/25/court-ruled-kurt-busch/

Speaking purely from my personal opinion, that's enough to suggest he did it. And if he did, it certainly wouldn't be the first time a criminal hasn't been convicted.
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:07 pm

NeverNeutral wrote:Re: Lack of evidence- The restraining order suggested otherwise.

http://beyondtheflag.com/2015/02/25/court-ruled-kurt-busch/

Yet the official ruling from the Delaware Police (the actual people she reported this too in the first place) suggests so.

NeverNeutral wrote:Speaking purely from my personal opinion, that's enough to suggest he did it. And if he did, it certainly wouldn't be the first time a criminal hasn't been convicted.

Because "More Likely then not" is somehow more meaningful then the lack of actual evidence (like actual bruises and scars)?
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:10 pm

It's far easier to secure a restraining order than it is to secure a warrant for someone's arrest. Different standards of evidence. That's why there was enough for one but not the other.

Disappointed in NASCAR. Hopefully Chevy will at least keep him out of SHR.

Not relevant anymore, as Chevrolet has also reinstated Busch, per Jeff Gluck on Twitter.

RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:44 pm

Patricia has released a statement.

Update on the Kurt Busch situation B_1Yf8gWQAAUt_9
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:57 pm

^
The words of a defeated individual, those are.
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:14 pm

RyanB06 wrote:^
The words of a defeated individual, those are.

And hilariously, they are incorrect as it was a commisioner, not a judge, that made that ruling (in a Family court).
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:40 pm

Kurt becomes the 2nd nascar driver (and SHR driver) to come out of what seems like a career ending moment only to be back in 4 races.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down