Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brinson is here, time to start a new forum

4 posters

Go down

Brinson is here, time to start a new forum Empty Brinson is here, time to start a new forum

Post by pepsibottle1 Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:37 pm

Oh no, I've just registered. Looks like we have to shut down and start from scratch again.

Lmao, just screwin with ya. Since I never really introduced myself at the old EFR, I'll go ahead and do that now.

*Warning: Long introduction inbound. Just to say I told you so when you go ahead and post "TL;DR".*

I'm Matt Brinson, I reside in Norfolk, VA (Literally 4 houses from the Naval Base. Dad is a retired Chief/Seabee and I get on for free.)and race with my longtime friends over at ISRA, as those from there already know. I'm an avid sim-racer with about 5 years experience with NR2003 and Rfactor. However, you may also recognize my name as I also ran a couple of one-offs in Vidane, NASCOM, OSW and Solstice just to name a few. Although ISRA/STR was my home, I did a couple of other races to keep myself occupied until my parents decided to give my newly upgraded desktop to my grandmother, just as soon as I put down $180 of my own money on a 8800GT and RAM. Q_Q much, I know but it's a humorous note worth adding.

I was away from the community for about 2 years since I didn't have a proper computer to race with and I focused on school/personal life. Then just recently (at this year's Southern 500 with about 20 to go), I couldn't stand being idle anymore so I decided to come back to ISRA and reunite with all my buddies from Shade Tree. Despite initally failing (I was trying to refamilarize myself with the game while driving without my wheel as I had always used so I ended up pissing a few people off since I was crap on the keyboard), I've slowly started to regain my previous form, which isn't much to brag about because I never was a hack fast racer in the first place Razz.

With that said, most of my time is spent driving offline in Nr2003 on my shitty ass laptop that puts out a whopping 18 frames on all-low settings. I am an avid motorsports fan and before I came to know the guys at ISRA, I virtually thought that I was the only person in the world who knew and loved racing with a passion as much as I did. Again, that's til' I met Cynon, the einstein of anything related to auto racing. I'm game to talk about anything that relates to NASCAR, F1, Touring Cars and automobiles in general and I love to share my point of view with other racing junkies like me. My childhood dream was to become a race car driver, come death or high water. At 16, I feel that that's a failed venture but coming to a crossroads in my Senior year at Granby high, I'm stuck between going to ODU and studying Motorsports Engineering or pursuing my life goal of being a race car driver and taking my $5,000 left to me by my deceased brother and going to Skip Barber. Until then, I use simulations like NR2K3 to "train" myself on despite not being a ideal setup to do so on with a MS Sidewinder and a aicent laptop.

Speaking of NR2K3, I'm a engineer at heart and I've recently gotten into modding. If Irasins is based off the same engine as NR2K3, we have a lot of potential with this game. Let IRacing sue me; on second thought, I don't want to be someone's bitch in prison because I decoded the game engine and make an awesome mid-90's NASCAR Winston Cup mod. In all seriousness though, if anyone needs any track testing, I'm all game to help out and contribute my findings in Track.INI research. I'm also a setup guru and spend countless hours simply making setups at various tracks. If you need a good base setup, I'll be more than glad to make you one free of charge whatsoever. Whatever I can do to help other people out, I'll do it. So if you want to talk NR2K3 geek talk, I'm more than glad to do so.

Phew. Damn, that made me break a sweat. That was an epic intro and I swear if I submit this and I have to login and lose all of this, I'll flip a switch. I bet money you didn't read all of that but I thought that it would be a interesting piece to look over. If you did, hopefully you've learned more about me, where I come from and got a laugh or two out of it. By the way, I warned you that this was gonna be a life story, lmao so Q_Q.

Looking forward to talking to everyone in the forums, and I'm glad that there are a bunch of guys out there that have a similar love of NR2k3 and racing altogether to shoot the bull with. See you on the forums,

Matt Brinson
pepsibottle1
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Brinson is here, time to start a new forum Empty Re: Brinson is here, time to start a new forum

Post by navycook75 Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 pm

TL;DR

I stopped reading at "I reside in Norfolk, Va" and I have this question, how's the Va heat treating you?
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Brinson is here, time to start a new forum Empty Re: Brinson is here, time to start a new forum

Post by Chives2112 Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:45 pm

navycook75 wrote:TL;DR

I stopped reading at "I reside in Norfolk, Va" and I have this question, how's the Va heat treating you?
It wont be as bad as the Texas heat. Hello, Matt! I remember you from the old EFR. Welcome back!
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsibottle1 Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:50 pm

I warned you Razz

navycook75 wrote:I stopped reading at "I reside in Norfolk, Va" and I have this question, how's the Va heat treating you?

Hot as hell. I could care less about the heat, the humidity is a bitch. Being a Norfolk native, I know that staying indoors with my A/C is a good idea however.

Chives2112 wrote:It wont be as bad as the Texas heat. Hello, Matt! I remember you from the old EFR. Welcome back!

Wow, you actually recognize me despite th4 fact that I posted probably no more than 20 posts? I feel somewhat special now, lmao Brinson is here, time to start a new forum 215644238

Thanks for the welcome!

Last edited by pepsibottle1 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
pepsibottle1
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:52 pm

pepsibottle1 wrote:

I warned you Razz

navycook75 wrote:I stopped reading at "I reside in Norfolk, Va" and I have this question, how's the Va heat treating you?

Hot as hell. I could care less about the heat, the humidity is a bitch. Being a Norfolk native, I know that staying indoors with my A/C is a good idea however.
try being on a ship with hardly any AC, Portsmouth is a pain in the ass.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsibottle1 Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:57 pm

navycook75 wrote:
pepsibottle1 wrote:

I warned you Razz

try being on a ship with hardly any AC, Portsmouth is a pain in the ass.

Alright, I have no comeback there, I can't even fathom what that would be like. Thank your your service btw, I truly appreaciate what you guys go through on a daily basis to serve our country and keep us safe. BTW, it's nice to see someone in my neck of the woods so are you in the ghetto or the nicer portion of Portsmouth? (well, most of Portsmouth is a ghetto lmao so that might have been a dumb question.)

pepsibottle1
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:24 am

Hey Brinson, the name is EICHHOLTZ. Anyone from the ISRA Cup race at Trois Rivieries should get that one. Wink
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:28 am

Well I live on the base, my ship is in portsmouth right now....
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down