Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cape Cod International Raceway 2018

Go down

Cape Cod International Raceway 2018 Empty Cape Cod International Raceway 2018

Post by Cynon Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:06 pm

A long time ago, Brian Wallace created Cape Cod International Raceway, a technical 2.74 road course located in Massachusetts. The problem is that this track, while gorgeous, had some awkward elevation changes (particularly for human drivers), awkward curbs, a pitlane that didn't work well, a few textures that were dated or missing (like the ends of a few walls), and AI that left a lot to be desired. Over the last month or so I took a swing at cleaning this track up and making it much more suitable to online and offline racing.

As the F5 race a few weeks ago demonstrated, it's definitely worthy of online racing. The AI is a bit over-aggressive, but road course AI do admittedly take a lot longer to fine-tune than they do for an oval, especially with a slower track like this one. Most of the AI testing I did was with GNS physics, and I don't doubt I'll make more improvements to them over time. There are a few extra PTA setups included by three people that competed in the F5 event here, my race setup, Syzgzy's setup, and Wilhoit's setup.

I made use of paint grip for some of the runoff areas, and concrete grip for the inside line for some corners.

Download:
Mediafire

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down