Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2017 Azerbaijan GP

+6
mtrimmer365
bigdc48
Cynon
gone-sovereign
Magus978
The_Wall_91
10 posters

Go down

2017 Azerbaijan GP Empty 2017 Azerbaijan GP

Post by The_Wall_91 Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:47 am

The European tour for 2017 begins with the return to Baku in Azerbaijan, one of the few street circuits on the schedule. Before we get to the narrowest section in F1, let's get to some headlines.

Alonso: "Win by September or I am Out"

For Fernando Alonso, lets just say that Fernando Alonso has not had a world beating season. Several mechanical failures ending several good results has drove the Spaniard to the point of peak insanity. Before the race on Sunday, Fernando stated that if McLaren isn't winning by September, he is gone. Given how spectacular the Honda engine has been *rolls eyes*, it is a safe bet to say Fernando won't be back.

Palm of Renault's Hands

Another driver rumored out of his ride is Renault's Jolyon Palmer. Jolyon has not had a lot of success since he joined Renault last season. After running out Kevin Magnusson, he was handed the test of Nico Hulkenburg and he is not doing well against Nico. Rumor has it that Jolyon will be out before Spa and Renault will have most likely Sergey Sirotkin finish the season.

Sergio vs. Esteban

A relationship that took a turn for the worse was between the Force India teammates, Sergio Perez and Esteban Ocon. While Force India had a stellar day in Canada, it was mired in controversy due to an incident late in the race. While trying to catch the Red Bull of Daniel Riccardo, Sergio Perez was caught between Riccardo and his fast approaching teammate. Instead of letting Ocon go, Perez blocked Ocon and ended his chance of potentially getting a podium. Lets hope this doesn't ruin anything for either driver.

Portugal Returning?

Another rumor that popped up during the lead up was that Portugal will return to the schedule in the near future. With France and Germany already coming back, a return to the other Iberian peninsula country might be fully possible. The rumor says that the race would be taking place at Algarve.

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

2017 Azerbaijan GP Empty Re: 2017 Azerbaijan GP

Post by Magus978 Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:41 pm

Welcome to IndyCar, Fernando! That McLaren isn't going anywhere near 1st place...and if it does by some fluke, then Honda will take care of the rest.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:24 pm

The 2018 schedule has been released. Below is what the schedule looks like.

Australia
China
Bahrain
Azerbaijan
Spain
Monaco
Canada
France
Austria
Great Britain
Germany
Hungary
Belgium
Italy
Singapore
Russia
Japan
United States
Mexico
Brazil
Abu Dhabi

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:20 am

The questionnaire for Azerbaijan will be a little different. Instead of focusing on last years race, I am going to give 3 questions that occurred on a street circuit. Here we go,

1. Valencia had it's last race in 2012, who won that race?

2. Baku claimed the suspensions of both drivers at what team during last years race?

3. In 1983, McLaren's John Watson won in Long Beach. Can you recall what position he started the race?

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:46 pm

The_Wall_91 wrote:The questionnaire for Azerbaijan will be a little different. Instead of focusing on last years race, I am going to give 3 questions that occurred on a street circuit. Here we go,

2. Baku claimed the suspensions of both drivers at what team during last years race?

3. In 1983, McLaren's John Watson won in Long Beach. Can you recall what position he started the race?

1. Fernando Alonso
2. Scuderia Toro Rosso
3. 22nd
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:49 pm

kensethfan wrote:
The_Wall_91 wrote:The questionnaire for Azerbaijan will be a little different. Instead of focusing on last years race, I am going to give 3 questions that occurred on a street circuit. Here we go,

1. Fernando Alonso
2. Scuderia Toro Rosso
3. 22nd

All 3 are correct

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:00 pm

The_Wall_91 wrote:Alonso: "Win by September or I am Out"

For Fernando Alonso, lets just say that Fernando Alonso has not had a world beating season. Several mechanical failures ending several good results has drove the Spaniard to the point of peak insanity. Before the race on Sunday, Fernando stated that if McLaren isn't winning by September, he is gone. Given how spectacular the Honda engine has been *rolls eyes*, it is a safe bet to say Fernando won't be back.

Alonso: "Bye, Felicia!"

The_Wall_91 wrote:Palm of Renault's Hands

Another driver rumored out of his ride is Renault's Jolyon Palmer. Jolyon has not had a lot of success since he joined Renault last season. After running out Kevin Magnusson, he was handed the test of Nico Hulkenburg and he is not doing well against Nico. Rumor has it that Jolyon will be out before Spa and Renault will have most likely Sergey Sirotkin finish the season.

Renault: "Bye, Felicia!"

Jolyon Palmer is objectively the worst driver in F1, he's spent the entirety of this season giving ammunition to Lance Stroll's fanbase so they can make the case that Stroll is at least better than someone...

... Laughing

The_Wall_91 wrote:Sergio vs. Esteban

A relationship that took a turn for the worse was between the Force India teammates, Sergio Perez and Esteban Ocon. While Force India had a stellar day in Canada, it was mired in controversy due to an incident late in the race. While trying to catch the Red Bull of Daniel Riccardo, Sergio Perez was caught between Riccardo and his fast approaching teammate. Instead of letting Ocon go, Perez blocked Ocon and ended his chance of potentially getting a podium. Lets hope this doesn't ruin anything for either driver.

Hopefully they'll be able to play it off as hard racing, because that's what it was. Perez wanted that place, badly. I don't think Perez is primed to jump up to a big team and win grands prix, even though he should be, but he's making a statement that he's better than Ocon. Especially since Ocon couldn't pass Perez on his own.

The_Wall_91 wrote:Portugal Returning?

Another rumor that popped up during the lead up was that Portugal will return to the schedule in the near future. With France and Germany already coming back, a return to the other Iberian peninsula country might be fully possible. The rumor says that the race would be taking place at Algarve.

Algarve?! Yes please. I recall loving that track when I drove it in rFactor, and then losing my front wing on an AI car and then turning my car into an airplane on the front straight. But that's another story.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdc48 Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:37 am

This race man.
bigdc48
bigdc48
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:19 am

Winners of the Azerbaijan GP:

Losers of the Azerbaijan GP:

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by mtrimmer365 Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:22 am

Who would've guessed Baku would be the most insane race!? That was crazy. However, still heartbreaking for my team.....go Force India!

Lance Stroll finished 3rd

mtrimmer365
mtrimmer365
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:55 am

...Okay what the fuck I woke up this morning and Lance fucking Stroll got a podium? Did I transcend universes again while I was sleeping? What the hell kind of sorcery is this?

Also heard that McLaren finally got points, and Hammy's head cover fell off in this race. Not that he really needs one for the thing he doesn't use anyway.
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:01 pm

My boy Daniel Ricciardo does it again Very Happy

Lance Stroll P3. What the hell.

I need to watch this race.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:57 pm

Wild race. Cool to see Ricciardo win and get 3 manufacturers on the board. Stroll podium was something i wasn't ready for....Hell i wasn't ready for a top 5 which seemed like what he was heading for sans the attrition.

Vettel and Hamilton incident was silly but i think i understand the calls. (I think they let Hamilton off because of the headrest issue, but then again they usually don't care about stuff so....okay i guesS?)
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nascar9fan Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:21 am

The best part about Stroll finishing 3rd? He was the only driver who didn't have any troubles throughout the race, whether that be driver fault or car fault
Nascar9fan
Nascar9fan
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:44 pm

That got... wacky.

But definitely in an entertaining way! It is a bit of a shame that the excitement relied more on attrition than anything, but I shouldn't let that take anything away from it. That was fun (as was the F2 feature, by the way)! That was an awesome move by Ricciardo to pass three cars entering turn 1, and I'm really happy to see him take the victory! And how about the rest of the podium? Bottas recovering from a lap 1 crash to drive all the way back into second-place at the last possible moment, and Lance Stroll in third! He sure has gotten a lot of grief concerning his driving abilities, but I wonder if points in Montréal plus a podium finish the very next race might help him to improve as the season continues from here.

I really like this Baku street circuit. Such beautiful scenery the likes of which you won't find anywhere else in the world combined with a challenging, technical, and fast layout! I hope that Azerbaijan can get their problems with freedom of the press and all sorted out; I'd personally love to see this race have a long-term place on the calendar.
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down