Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2017 Indianapolis 500

+13
Michael29Shell
gone-sovereign
Alta
PackerMan71
SpeedDemon37
BWard
Alpineopossum
day500champ1
zfitzwater599
mtrimmer365
AntmanB
pennst24
JMac525
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2017 Indianapolis 500 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2017 Indianapolis 500

Post by SpeedDemon37 Tue May 30, 2017 10:33 pm

When I first learned that Sato had been hired by Andretti Autosport, I knew that he would be one of the fastest cars at Indianapolis, but I wasn't sure that he would win the race outright. I can safely say that I am happy to have been proven wrong.

What an extraordinary race. It was a little slower than in years past with so many yellows, but as many have already mentioned, this event seems to outdo itself every year. Such incredible speeds and on the ragged edge of control, yet only the most daring are rewarded. For the past several years especially it has truly lived up to its reputation as the greatest spectacle in racing.

Kanaan, Castroneves, RHR, Rossi, and Alonso looked to have the cars to beat all race long, and boy did they go after it at the front. I was heartbroken when Fernando's engine let go on lap 179 of 200, and so were millions around the world, I'm sure. He accomplished an amazing feat in being as competitive as he was, and in doing so he earned the respect and admiration of a whole other nation of motorsport. Racers of his raw talent and versatility are truly a rarity.

And how about the top three finishers? Ed Jones places a Dale Coyne Racing car in third at Indianapolis (and as a rookie, no less), Hélio came that close to earning 500 victory number four again, and Sato will no longer have to wonder if 2012 was the only opportunity that he would ever have to etch his name into the history books. I said that only the most daring are rewarded, and "Daring" may as well be Sato's middle name. It's great to see how happy that the entire IndyCar community has been for him, and I most certainly am happy for him, as well.
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

2017 Indianapolis 500 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2017 Indianapolis 500

Post by PackerMan71 Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:44 pm

PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down