Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nascar @ Vegas

+11
Lucstar88
Ben Atkins
Mother of Invention
Cardinals5
Rovenami
GamerAzuzu
SpeedDemon37
Alta
RyanB06
PackerMan71
AntmanB
15 posters

Go down

Nascar @ Vegas Empty Nascar @ Vegas

Post by AntmanB Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:46 pm

Nascar Heads West as the stages are still in Its Infancy.

Can Kevin Harvick Redeem Himself from Last week? Can Brad Keselowski win Back to Back Races? will Ware Racing actually Make Minimum Speed?

Cup Entry List http://www.jayski.com/stats/2017/pdfs/03lvms2017entry.pdf
Xfinity Entry List http://www.jayski.com/nxs/2017/pdfs/nxs-03lvms2017entrylist.pdf

Stages: Cup 80 80 107
Xfinity 45 45 110
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Nascar @ Vegas Empty Re: Nascar @ Vegas

Post by PackerMan71 Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:23 pm

Oh, geez...

PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:06 pm

At New Hampshire's expense, I might add. No
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:03 pm

I'm not a fan of Loudon but one of the arguments i heard for cutting it is attendance is bad, i hardly buy worse than Dover and there's no way it's worse than IMS.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:04 am

Unfortunately the addition of a second Las Vegas race was Speedway Motorsports, Incorporated's idea, so they didn't have the option of removing a date from Dover, Indianapolis, Pocono, or any of the tracks owned by ISC.

It's interesting to think about how disappointing that this decision is for many fans considering the situation when New Hampshire was originally given its second race in 1997 (I know that it's irrelevant to the present, but it's interesting to think about).
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerAzuzu Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:52 pm

Is there anyone in JGR that Logano hasn't pissed off at some point? It only seems to be the drivers in the 19 as far as I know.
GamerAzuzu
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rovenami Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:01 pm

GamerAzuzu wrote:Is there anyone in JGR that Logano hasn't pissed off at some point? It only seems to be the drivers in the 19 as far as I know.
No wonder he gets involved in incedents with JGR after he left the team.
Rovenami
Rovenami
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:03 pm

Kyle really doesn't have any standing to complain about someone "racing him dirty" when he door-checked the crap out of Logano on the backstretch.
Cardinals5
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:19 pm

Cardinals5 wrote:Kyle really doesn't have any standing to complain about someone "racing him dirty" when he door-checked the crap out of Logano on the backstretch.

Kyle didn't have much of a choice though, either he'd slam in the back of the #2 and get significant damage to the nose or go through the middle and maybe end up with less damage.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:25 pm

That crash and fight was pretty silly.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:51 am

Mother of Invention wrote:
Cardinals5 wrote:Kyle really doesn't have any standing to complain about someone "racing him dirty" when he door-checked the crap out of Logano on the backstretch.

Kyle didn't have much of a choice though, either he'd slam in the back of the #2 and get significant damage to the nose or go through the middle and maybe end up with less damage.

Option 3: get behind Logano coming out of 2 (since the move to use the 2 as a pick was completely obvious) and race him once they go past Keselowski.

Option 4: accept that if you hit someone, you don't have the right to complain when you get hit back.
Cardinals5
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:05 pm

Cardinals5 wrote:

Option 3: get behind Logano coming out of 2 (since the move to use the 2 as a pick was completely obvious) and race him once they go past Keselowski.

Option 4: accept that if you hit someone, you don't have the right to complain when you get hit back.

He was closing in on Keselowski to fast for option 3, and option four would imply Kyle swipped Logano on purpose which clearly wasn't the case.

Logano was just being a sore looser.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:14 pm

Cardinals5 wrote:

He was closing in on Keselowski to fast for option 3, and option four would imply Kyle swipped Logano on purpose which clearly wasn't the case.

How? Logano clearly didn't wreck Kyle on purpose.

If anything, Kyle was being the sore loser.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:35 pm

Ben Atkins wrote:
Cardinals5 wrote:

How? Logano clearly didn't wreck Kyle on purpose.

If anything, Kyle was being the sore loser.

Considering that Logano divebombed it down into turn 3 after being door-checked on the backstretch, I seriously doubt it wasn't on purpose, because we've seen Logano pull that shit before.

Either way, both are total bitches.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:41 pm

Cardinals5 wrote:

He had plenty of time to let off just enough to get in line and get back in the gas; it's not like we're on a restrictor plate track where the acceleration is complete garbage. Hell, get in line behind him and bump him going into 3, you probably get praised for smart, aggressive driving. They didn't catch the 2 until 2/3 down the backstraight, he had time. Using the 2 car as a pick was an obvious move that anyone should have seen coming.

He absolutely hit Logano on purpose. He did what he had to to make room, but let's not pretend he was trying to avoid any contact. He's been racing since 1998, he knows how to handle a race car and he definitely knows what happens when you swerve suddenly with a car inside of you.

Just because Joey has an immensely punchable face doesn't mean Kyle has the right to actually punch it just because Joey doesn't take his crap.
Cardinals5
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:24 pm

Joey left the door cracked wide open and then got pissed when Kyle walked through it. (I mean there was contact but it really wasn't more than incidental due to the sudden move Kyle pulled on the #2. Joey should have known that Kyle would have to do that and either should have done a better job running the pick or give him more room and let them have a side by side battle into the turn.).

Frankly Ben, if Joey didn't intentionally wreck Kyle, then that might be a worse look for Joey because it means we've got a Championship caliber driver who drives like Korbin Forester on our hands. Though that's not out of the relm of possibilities for Joey.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:01 pm

Both incidents were unintentional. People praised Carl Edwards doing the same shit in 08 against Jimmie, back then the cars weren't aero loose like they are now.

Kyle has a right to be mad, BUT he overreacted towards the situation, I say this as a really big Kyle hater. Yes Logano has a history (so does Kyle) BUT he just got loose trying to get 3rd place. It's racing, it happens. Bowman Grey is 10 times worse than this petty incident.

If people are pissed Joey ran hard in turn 3, then why are we racing? Like Senna said: if you no longer go for a gap that exists you are no longer a racing driver. The move didn't work, ah well. If that was Dale Sr putting Kyle in the wall, people will be praising him until the cows come home.
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdc48 Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:42 pm

The way I look at it from yesterday, it was just hard racing at its finest. I don't give a crap for either of these two, but it is what it is.
bigdc48
bigdc48
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:52 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:Like Senna said: if you no longer go for a gap that exists you are no longer a racing driver.

It's always worth pointing out - this was only said in defense of him intentionally wrecking Prost at turn 1 lap 1 in Suzuka 1990 in order to seal the championship. If you have to resort to that line to defend someone, you might as well not even bother.

Saying that, I think it's understandable that Logano carried too much speed into turn 3 given that Busch muscling his way in between the Penske cars likely threw the 22 off-balance. In reality, this is just a racing incident, but because Logano never takes responsibility for his part in these sorts of incidents, it pisses everyone else off too and leads to situations like what happened after the race.

Also doesn't help that he's pretty much pissed off everyone in JGR at this point.
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by NASCARLOVER427 Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:21 pm

RetrogradeRenegade wrote:
Lucstar88 wrote:Like Senna said: if you no longer go for a gap that exists you are no longer a racing driver.

It's always worth pointing out - this was only said in defense of him intentionally wrecking Prost at turn 1 lap 1 in Suzuka 1990 in order to seal the championship. If you have to resort to that line to defend someone, you might as well not even bother.

Saying that, I think it's understandable that Logano carried too much speed into turn 3 given that Busch muscling his way in between the Penske cars likely threw the 22 off-balance. In reality, this is just a racing incident, but because Logano never takes responsibility for his part in these sorts of incidents, it pisses everyone else off too and leads to situations like what happened after the race.

Also doesn't help that he's pretty much pissed off everyone in JGR at this point.

He hasn't pissed off Suárez yet.
NASCARLOVER427
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Nascar @ Vegas Empty In other news,

Post by NASCARLOVER427 Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:38 am

NASCARLOVER427
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:39 am

Wat, so the Hornaday incident didn't annoy them but this did? (At least I don't remember M&M's complaining about it, Maybe because he wasn't in an M&Ms car I guess)
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:44 am

Mother of Invention wrote:Wat, so the Hornaday incident didn't annoy them but this did? (At least I don't remember M&M's complaining about it, Maybe because he wasn't in an M&Ms car I guess)

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sdut-busch-to-race-cup-without-main-sponsor-mms-2011nov10-story.html

Mars were pretty annoyed about that one too.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:00 pm

NASCARLOVER427 wrote:
RetrogradeRenegade wrote:

He hasn't pissed off Suárez yet.

I added "pretty much" as a qualifier for a reason. Wink
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:10 pm

Mother of Invention wrote:Wat, so the Hornaday incident didn't annoy them but this did? (At least I don't remember M&M's complaining about it, Maybe because he wasn't in an M&Ms car I guess)

He wasn't in the M&Ms car because they dropped the sponsorship for Phoenix and Homestead over that.
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:11 am

That Was Actually a Pretty Good Xfinity Race.
Hey Dillon, YOUR A CUP DRIVER RUNNING IN A LESSER SERIES, you cant be mad at a rookie driver in a series you probably shouldnt be in.

AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:23 am

AntmanB wrote:That Was Actually a Pretty Good Xfinity Race.
Hey Dillon, YOUR A CUP DRIVER RUNNING IN A LESSER SERIES, you cant be mad at a rookie driver in a series you probably shouldnt be  in.

You know there's a Phoenix thread up, right? Laughing
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:00 am

RyanB06 wrote:
AntmanB wrote:That Was Actually a Pretty Good Xfinity Race.
Hey Dillon, YOUR A CUP DRIVER RUNNING IN A LESSER SERIES, you cant be mad at a rookie driver in a series you probably shouldnt be  in.

You know there's a Phoenix thread up, right? Laughing

yeah i accidentally put it in the wrong thread. my bad.
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down