Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NASCAR at Richmond

+9
Alta
PYLrulz
TheFallenHaveRisen
gone-sovereign
The_Wall_91
Ben Atkins
NASCARLOVER427
Memoriesallbutdone
RyanB06
13 posters

Go down

NASCAR at Richmond Empty NASCAR at Richmond

Post by RyanB06 Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:05 am

Cup entries: http://www.jayski.com/news/stats/2016/story/_/page/26-Richmond-2016-Entry-List
Xfinity entries: http://www.jayski.com/news/nxs/2016/story/_/page/25-Richmond-NXS-2016-Entry-List

With the Trucks recovering from a memorable (and controversial) trip north of the border, the Cup and Xfinity Series move to Richmond for a little racin' under the lights.

The Cup Chase field will be set after Saturday night...who will make up the Round of 16?

Some Xfinity notes: former ARCA driver Alli Owens makes her return to racing in the 97 Obaika entry. Brandon Brown will also be making a start in the 86 car, and Gray Gaulding returns in the RFR 60.

RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

NASCAR at Richmond Empty Re: NASCAR at Richmond

Post by Memoriesallbutdone Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:00 pm

That is the heart in the dagger for Newman but happy to see they are all ok after a wicked hit.
Memoriesallbutdone
Memoriesallbutdone
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by NASCARLOVER427 Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:05 pm

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS RACE!?
NASCARLOVER427
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Memoriesallbutdone Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:08 pm

HAHA THAT RYAN NEWMAN INTERVIEW
Memoriesallbutdone
Memoriesallbutdone
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:12 pm

"Ryan Newman on Tony Stewart: "“I guess he thought he was in a sprint car again and didn’t know how to control his anger.”"

Fuck.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:18 pm

I wonder how long Ryan Newman has been holding in that about Tony Stewart

The_Wall_91
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:23 pm

The_Wall_91 wrote:I wonder how long Ryan Newman has been holding in that about Tony Stewart

My thoughts exactly.

More than anything I don't understand what Stewart was trying to do there. Yeah, he was mad at Ryan Newman, but if he was trying to block he wasn't even close to clear. If Stewart was just trying to run Newman down to the apron, that makes more sense, but I'm not sure if Newman could have gone any lower.
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFallenHaveRisen Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:23 pm

I thought Kenseth about Kes was going to be interview of the race, but then Newman happened

GOD DAMN SAVAGE
TheFallenHaveRisen
TheFallenHaveRisen
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:25 pm

Thanks NASCAR for making the race a snoozefest for the first 200 laps...  I need a blow by blow on this, because I gave up on the race by then.

Edit: Read the words, now just saw a clip of the wreck. If Tony was mad, why in the heck would he bump Newman when Newman was on his left rear quarter panel?!? Ryan Newman is a classless prick, even with the emotion of the wreck involved, but Tony Stewart... that one baffles me.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:15 am

First half of the race was a snoozer, second half was what i think will be our crashfest race of the year.

That Newman interview went to places that i'm actually surprised nascar let it go to without yelling at NBC to cut the mic, That was a straight-up takedown interview. Tony Stewart's been as easy to set off as throwing a match at a flammable object but damn.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by NASCARLOVER427 Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:44 am

Alta wrote:First half of the race was a snoozer, second half was what i think will be our crashfest race of the year.

That Newman interview went to places that i'm actually surprised nascar let it go to without yelling at NBC to cut the mic, That was a straight-up takedown interview. Tony Stewart's been as easy to set off as throwing a match at a flammable object but damn.

Someone's forgetting Talladega.
NASCARLOVER427
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by PRAWBLEMS Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:22 am

Wow. I fell asleep after the race, guess I should've stayed for Newman. He's right, though, Tony does have something going on in his head. I've never liked Stewart. Great run by Larson, great finish for Danica(!?!) and McDowell. Hamlin wins, but no big shock.
Race had a bad combination of long, mind-numbingly boring parts and 5 lap segments of cut tires, and for that it was only a 5/10.
PRAWBLEMS
PRAWBLEMS
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:07 pm

I want to root for Stewart, but I can't after that. Last wek was funny since it was Brian Scott, but still a dumb move. This week was the same and even worse as he took out a Chase contender among others. NBC treating Ragan like he mattered was funny, but anyhow that wreck should never have happened to begin with. I have no idea what Stewart was trying to do other than retaliate against the 31 for hitting him. I read that Newman hit him several times prior, but it's 30 fucking laps left and he's ffighting for a Chase spot. It was the 14 who moved down on corner entry to begin with. Tony has nobody but himself to blame for that.

As for the interview... Newman crossed a line. I'm certain he'll regret that Kevin Ward Jr. reference or two he made. He has every right to be absolutely livid with Stewart, who ended his championship chances on a sytupid, unnecessary move that he pulled last week as well. But under ZERO circumstances do you poke at someone for killing another racer like that because that's exactly what Newman did with his "being bipolar and having anger issues/Google him; he's quite the guy" comment at the end. That's completely unprofessional and unacceptable. Childress should really consider this moving forward and put the Rocket Man on a pretty tight leash.

Moving beyond that and onto the Chase scenario, I came home to the red flag last night and only caught the tail end of the race. Buescher's rain win from Pocono takes out the consistent 31 team who almost won the title last season. Guarantee he's not going past Round 1. Top 9 are no surprise and Larson I could have seen getting in via points if he didn't win anyhow. I heard Elliott hit the wall earlier on, but he was still running at the end. He deserves to be in as well. Dillon and McMurray will be lucky to make it past Round 1. As for the Final 4 predictions, don't ask me because as Talladega showed last year, anything can happen.
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:16 pm

One day later, and it STILL baffles me why if Tony was looking to bump Newman, he'd do it while Newman was on his left rear quarterpanel. That could have totally backfired on Tony, as he could have just been jacked dead left, while Newman could have gone on his merry way after some tape gets slapped on his car.

As much as I admire Tony's talent, and as much as Ryan Newman's comments in his interview were an incredible low blow, you do have to wonder about Tony's mental state at times.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:25 pm

NASCARLOVER427 wrote:
Alta wrote:First half of the race was a snoozer, second half was what i think will be our crashfest race of the year.

Talladega will be clean. There's usually only one smashy superspeedway race a year in the Cup series and the spring race was it. I have enough faith in these guys that they won't let the kind of calamity we saw at the spring race happen again.
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by PRAWBLEMS Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:07 pm

kensethfan wrote:
NASCARLOVER427 wrote:

Talladega will be clean. There's usually only one smashy superspeedway race a year in the Cup series and the spring race was it. I have enough faith in these guys that they won't let the kind of calamity we saw at the spring race happen again.
Would you put money on that? I need a few video games...
PRAWBLEMS
PRAWBLEMS
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:48 pm

Casey Lester wrote: Childress should really consider this moving forward and put the Rocket Man on a pretty tight leash.

It might be looking too much into it but another reason for his unhinged rant could be that the leash is already off so to speak, Childress i believe made it clear sometime earlier in the season that Ty is moving up next year and Newman has been everyone's favorite to be replaced...The only other reason i see it not being him is if the Menard's Penske sponsorship in Indycar is a hint at Paul Menard's future.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:48 pm

Menard is most likely staying. They may have been looking at Penske but the feeling is more that they were putting pressure on RCR to give them a new deal. That's also why RCR gave him a new crew chief.
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:25 am

Newman was just salty at the fact that he chocked away a Chase spot. His was the highest non-winner in points FOUR RACES AGO. Add back 15 points from the Darlington penalty, and add 20 or so points that we lost because of the accident, and he still would of been behind McMurray on points.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down