Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indycar @ Pocono

+4
Alta
f1fan12
AntmanB
Backmarker
8 posters

Go down

Indycar @ Pocono Empty Indycar @ Pocono

Post by AntmanB Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:17 pm

Race r postponed until noon edt tomorrow. The triple is complete. Was Pennsylvania the worst place to put a track this size without lights?
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Indycar @ Pocono Empty Re: Indycar @ Pocono

Post by Backmarker Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:59 pm

It's cool that IndyCar is more interested in "tradition" than keeping their drivers unhurt
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:26 pm

Good lord Rossi
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:59 pm

Good win by Power! Really wanted Aleshin to win, but his car just gave out at the end. Power is going to gain a boatload of points on Pagenaud. By far the best race of the season!
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:40 pm

NeverNeutral wrote:It's cool that IndyCar is more interested in "tradition" than keeping their drivers unhurt
Even though all signs point to closed cockpits in 2018. (Which it seems also at this point they're gonna have it before the FIA) Rather they do it right instead of lazily putting it together to appeal people to who haven't accepted that racing is dangerous, taking time with a safety change to make sure it goes according to plan isn't about tradition.

Good race, got pretty crazy towards the end, Glad everyone was okay in that pit incident..crash was more on people not paying attention to their surroundings.

Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PRAWBLEMS Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:33 pm

Lol of course the 1 race I miss. Fantastic drive from my boy RHR, and this may sound silly, but I might just put my money on Power to grab this title.
PRAWBLEMS
PRAWBLEMS
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:53 pm

That was definitely the best race that I've ever seen at Pocono. With Justin Wilson and Bryan Clauson on everyone's minds this weekend, it was great that the series was able to put on a good, enjoyable race.

What happened to RHR (losing power from the lead late in the race) would have been hard to swallow any day, but considering that his luck has arguably been worse than anyone else's all year long, that must have been especially difficult. I hope that he gets a win before the year is out (at Texas, perhaps? Where I believe that he will restart from 2nd-place). Storming straight from the back of the field to the front twice is certainly not something that you see every race; he must have passed at least 30 cars on-track collectively!

Speaking of Andretti Autosport, what happened to Rossi was also a huge shame, although it's fortunate that him, Hélio, Kimball, and everyone else in the pits were unharmed. This was the only time this year other than Indianapolis where it looked like Rossi may have been fast enough to contend for the win on speed, and would that have been something for him to have swept the 500-milers.
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:41 pm

Pretty good racing in this one. Good number of lead changes and side-by-side racing, and very few yellows, especially compared to last year, certainly helps.

The pit road incident was definitely the scariest part of this race, because looking at the replay, we're lucky that we didn't have a replay of what happened last year, because that right front tire came very close to nailing Castroneves. I'd imagine he needed to change his drawers after that one.

Feel gutted for RHR. Came through the field twice, the second time after his car decided to shut down on him, and he comes home in third. Very impressive.

Will Power making a late season run for the championship. It's just 20 points between Power and Pagenaud now with three races left. The pressure's on Pagenaud now, so let's see how he can handle adversity.

STAR OF THE RACE: Ryan Hunter-Reay

REJECT OF THE RACE: RHR's electrical system.

FINAL RATING: Pretty good race. Wasn't the best of race of the year (because Indy), but I'd call this the second best IndyCar race of the year, and it was much needed, considering the quality of the IndyCar racing this year has been a little lacking, especially compared to the past few seasons. Overall, this race gets a 7.5/10.

Next up, we head back to Texas to continue the rain-delayed event from June... and hopefully it doesn't suck, like TMS always does.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:28 am

A few days late, but absolutely fantastic race. One of the best of the entire year of any series IMO. Wish RHR would have won though...
JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down