Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NASCAR Championship Weekend at Homestead

+22
f1fan12
RyanB06
RACECAR
Tanrar
PackerMan71
Sparkz47
PYLrulz
Ben Atkins
Lucstar88
RedViperGaming
TheFallenHaveRisen
Pyrozooka0
gone-sovereign
Alpineopossum
NASCARLOVER427
day500champ1
SpeedDemon37
bigdc48
BooyakaDragon
Alta
navycook75
flyingturns89
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

NASCAR Championship Weekend at Homestead Empty NASCAR Championship Weekend at Homestead

Post by flyingturns89 Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:57 am

Just one more race.

After 796 starts, over 200,000 laps completed, 93 wins, four championships, and 23 full time seasons, it all comes down to just one more race.

The last 23 years have seen Jeff Gordon go from being an up-and-coming driver to a household name. On Sunday, in his final start, he will go for his fifth NASCAR Sprint Cup championship. But it won't be easy, as there are three others who want to hoist the trophy just as much as he does. For Kevin Harvick, it's the chance to win his second consecutive championship for Stewart-Haas Racing. If he pulls it off, it would be Stewart-Haas's third title in the last five years. For Kyle Busch, it would mean redemption. After breaking his leg and foot in a crash at Daytona, Busch missed the first 11 races of the season. When he returned, he won four times, securing himself a Chase berth. For Martin Truex Jr. though, it would mean showing just what his little team can do. While the other three drivers drive for four car teams, Truex drives for Furniture Row Racing, a single car team fielded out of Denver, CO. If the Furniture Row team can pull off the championship victory, it could be the biggest upset in NASCAR history.

The legend going for one more title, the defending champ trying to remain at the top, the injured driver who returned better than ever, or the underdog story of the century. Four drivers will enter Homestead with a chance to win it all, but only one will leave with the title of 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion.

The lower tier series may not get as much attention as the Cup Series championship fight, but both the Xfinity Series and the Truck Series are set up for an exciting championship fight. In the Xfinity Series, Chris Buescher looks to secure the title, but he faces a challenge from defending champion Chase Elliott, as well as Ty Dillon and Regan Smith. All Buescher most do to clinch the title is finish 13th or better, which he has done in all but five races this season. The Truck Series title fight is a little more solid right now. Point leader Erik Jones holds the a 19 point lead over Tyler Reddick, and a 32 point lead over two time defending champion Matt Crafton. For Jones, a 15th place finish would be enough to win the Truck Series title as a rookie.

The weather is a concern for this weekend, as rain appears to be a possibility for all three days.
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/homestead-fl/33035/weekend-weather/14303_pc

Cup Entry List: http://www.jayski.com/news/stats/2015/story/_/page/36-Homestead-2015-Entry-List
Cup Entry List:
Xfinity Entry List: http://www.jayski.com/news/nxs/2015/entries/story/_/page/NXS-2015-33-Homestead-Entry-List
Xfinity Entry List:
Truck Entry List: http://www.jayski.com/news/campingworld/2015/story/_/page/2015cts23homestead-entry
Truck Entry List:

Last edited by flyingturns89 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

NASCAR Championship Weekend at Homestead Empty Re: NASCAR Championship Weekend at Homestead

Post by navycook75 Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:00 am

For the sake of underdog, I really want Truex to win. On the other habd though, I really want the legend to go out on top.

The other two can go away for all I care.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

NASCAR Championship Weekend at Homestead Empty Re: NASCAR Championship Weekend at Homestead

Post by Alta Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:18 am

Treux because underdog. I'm conflicted on if we get through this race without controversy...It's been the theme of this chase but yet i feel the sun is setting in terms of silliness...We'll see though.

Xfinity is all Buescher unless he has issue which would then in turn blow the entire points battle wide-open, but then again i've honestly felt that his closest challenger Chase Eillott has been just riding it out the whole year since guaranteed Cup ride next year.

Trucks is all Jones unless that luck early in the year comes back to bite him and even then i don't feel like Reddick can capitalize.

Also last i checked we've got rain threatening the whole weekend, so this might get messy.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BooyakaDragon Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:49 am

I'm hoping with all my heart Jeff Gordon wins this damn thing. My favorite driver since 2000, he's been my favorite before I started school, now I wanna be able to have him winning a Championship on his final race in my final year of high school.

But.....if Gordon has no chance at the end, then I hope Kyle Busch does it. I don't like Harvick, Truex I don't like/care for, but I'd rather have him than Harvick.
BooyakaDragon
BooyakaDragon
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdc48 Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:56 am

I like to see anyone but Harvick win it at this point.
bigdc48
bigdc48
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:09 pm

On a more emotional note, John Hunter Nemechek makes his first start at Homestead. His uncle, John Nemechek, was killed in a crash there in 1997. Joe finished 8th last year, which was the first time a Nemechek started a truck race at Homestead since the crash.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:40 pm

Matt Crafton earned the pole position for tonight's Ford EcoBoost 200, his fourth of 2015. John Hunter Nemechek will start on the outside of the front row. The rest of the top 5 (in order) consists of Ben Kennedy, Tyler Reddick, and Erik Jones.

The complete starting lineup can be found here:

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/camping-world-truck-series/standings/results/2015/ford-ecoboost-200.raceResults.qualifying.html
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:27 pm

Hamlin on Cup pole. Kyle Busch starts 3rd, Jeff Gordon starts 5th in his final start, Martin Truex starts 11th, and Kevin Harvick starts 13th.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:34 am

NASCAR Championship Weekend at Homestead EriKJonesTruck

With a solid 6th-place finish in the race Ford EcoBoost 200, Erik Jones becomes the 2015 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series champion! (A driver who is only one year older than me, graduated from a high school where I've competed for track meets, and used to race on a short track where I visit every summer for Saturday night racing; makes it even cooler for me.) I was very happy to watch him earn the title!

The race itself was a fight between Matt Crafton and John Hunter Nemechek, with Daniel Suárez leading some laps before self-spinning from the lead. Nemechek had the fastest truck towards the end, but was held up on the final restart by trucks that did not pit under caution as he had. Crafton found his way around the slower traffic quickly, and was too far ahead for Nemechek to be caught by the time that the #8 made it back into 2nd-place. Of note, Ben Kennedy and Spencer Gallagher also had top 5 runs (though Gallagher would fall victim to the same traffic that trapped Nemechek and finish in 11th). It was also nice for me to see David Levine and Kyle Weatherman debut with Lira Motorsports in what was also the first Truck Series outing for that team.

The excitement that this series produces with continues to impress me; this year was a lot of fun to watch! Looking forward to seeing how Jones will do in the #20 Xfinity Series car, and I can't wait for the Trucks to return to Daytona in February!

Last edited by SpeedDemon37 on Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:27 am

I was in a really bad mood tonight so maybe that's why i didn't enjoy the race a whole lot.

Glad to see Jones get it as he's been the big name in the upcoming drivers list and a championship adds a lot of legitimacy to that.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdc48 Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:07 pm

Really nice to see Chris Buescher win the driver's championship. Nobody could chase him down in the points. And good job Klye Larson on the race win.

Hoping for the best in tomorrow's Cup finale.
bigdc48
bigdc48
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by NASCARLOVER427 Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:24 pm

bigdc48 wrote:Really nice to see Chris Buescher win the driver's championship. Nobody could chase him down in the points. And good job Klye Larson on the race win.

Hoping for the best in tomorrow's Cup finale.

You're putting Gordon winning in the best race in the history of motorsports in jeopardy and Harvick is gonna win!
NASCARLOVER427
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:25 pm

Kyle Larson's late race charge was very, very impressive. And Chris Buescher did a great job this year and it a deserving champion. He gives Roush a reason to hope for the future.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:49 pm

Looking through the results from practice and qualifying for this weekend's race, and I gotta say, it doesn't look like any one of the final four title contenders has an edge over one another. Should be interesting.

Like I said after Phoenix, pulling for either the #24 or the #78. Very Happy
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by BooyakaDragon Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:15 pm

NBC we get it, it's emotional.
BooyakaDragon
BooyakaDragon
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrozooka0 Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:20 pm

Championship thoughts

Gordon or Truex wins: Both very satisfying outcomes
Busch wins: Ok with it, he has probably driven the best this year, but, his absence the first half of the season means it won't feel quite right.
Harvick wins: I'd lose my shit, and I think he might actually be found dead at the hands of some crazy redneck.

I don't think Truex will win, he doesn't have teammates to take out the other 3 for him, whereas the others all drive for 4 car teams. Not to mention the highly likely chances of the "neutral" teams helping Gordon (if someone does, there's no way NASCAR penalizes them.)

Pyrozooka0
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFallenHaveRisen Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:34 pm

TheFallenHaveRisen
TheFallenHaveRisen
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by RedViperGaming Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:10 pm

Pyrozooka0 wrote:Championship thoughts

Gordon or Truex wins: Both very satisfying outcomes
Busch wins: Ok with it, he has probably driven the best this year, but, his absence the first half of the season means it won't feel quite right.
Harvick wins: I'd lose my shit, and I think he might actually be found dead at the hands of some crazy redneck.

I don't think Truex will win, he doesn't have teammates to take out the other 3 for him, whereas the others all drive for 4 car teams. Not to mention the highly likely chances of the "neutral" teams helping Gordon (if someone does, there's no way NASCAR penalizes them.)

Couldn't say it better Laughing
RedViperGaming
RedViperGaming
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:32 pm

Big junk...

Junior gets spun by Boywer, Almirola, Mears, Tony and Dillon
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by RedViperGaming Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:37 pm

Truex needs to get up there, I know it's early but..the 3 other chasers, Gordon, Harvick, and Busch are the top 3 on track, Martin really needs to step his game up to beat three dominate cars.
RedViperGaming
RedViperGaming
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:38 pm

So... why did NASCAR penalise Jimmie??? I didn't see any wrongdoing in that pit stop...  scratch

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RedViperGaming Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:43 pm

Idek, Maybe they were just sick of him. Harvick has the lead now and Gordon is falling back."
RedViperGaming
RedViperGaming
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:58 pm

Ben Atkins wrote:So... why did NASCAR penalise Jimmie??? I didn't see any wrongdoing in that pit stop...  scratch

Manipulation of the car body. Jackman slammed against quarter panel just in front of right rear. If it was dented it would be an aero advantage.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:31 pm

As much as the 18 missed 11 races.

He's been way better than Gordon (who got gifted a win) and Truex (we all like, but hasn't been good since the summer months).

Harvick.... Nope, i'll take Kyle
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:40 pm

20 to go, and the guy who raced 2/3 of the season is the top championship guy so far.

lolNASCAR
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:53 pm

Welp.... He just won a title....

I don't even care XD
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:53 pm

NASCAR just gets stupider and stupider every year.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:53 pm

lolNASCAR
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:56 pm

Uh... okay.

I don't know how the hell to react. That was so damn lacklustre. Just defines this season.

Good championship KyBusch... I think?!?

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BooyakaDragon Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:57 pm

I allow.
BooyakaDragon
BooyakaDragon
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:00 pm

Don't blame Kyle, he just ran his race.

Blame the chase and Brian France for this.
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:06 pm

Well, at least it wasn't Harvick. Laughing

But, yeah, Kyle winning the title shows how much of a joke this format is. Too bad the media won't think so.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:07 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:Don't blame Kyle, he just ran his race.

Blame the chase and Brian France for this.

Most of us don't.  The only way Kyle winning is pallateable is because it shows how much of a joke the Chase is.

Also, thinking about it, other than the early seasons of NASCAR, this has to be the fewest races ran by a championship winner.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RedViperGaming Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:08 pm

I'm Done with NASCAR, Busch didn't even run 1/3 of the season but he wins the championship?! And Fans Complain about Johnson's Domination age..Anyways, I would have loved to see Martin win the Champ, too bad the guy who has missed the most races out of the entire chase field has won it. Seriously...Fck Kyle.. Mad
RedViperGaming
RedViperGaming
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:09 pm

NASCAR Championship Weekend at Homestead 12240036_1057330060978748_4399931346037631791_n

Fixed it for accuracy.

I'm not as mad as I should be, it could of been worse.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanrar Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:09 pm

RedViperGaming wrote:I'm Done with NASCAR, Busch didn't even run 1/3 of the season but he wins the championship?! And Fans Complain about Johnson's Domination age..Anyways, I would have loved to see Martin win the Champ, too bad the guy who has missed the most races out of the entire chase field has won it. Seriously...Fck Kyle.. Mad

NASCAR Championship Weekend at Homestead 12243010
Tanrar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:10 pm

Sixth in Jeff Gordon’s final Sprint Cup race. His post-race interview gave me chills. Thank you for everything, Jeff.

GW GC #18. I can't be mad that Kyle Busch won the title, even though I don't think he deserves it for only running two-thirds of the season. Just disappointed more than anything, especially because now we have to retire the "Cup Championships: 0" meme. :c

Tanrar wrote:
RedViperGaming wrote:I'm Done with NASCAR, Busch didn't even run 1/3 of the season but he wins the championship?! And Fans Complain about Johnson's Domination age..Anyways, I would have loved to see Martin win the Champ, too bad the guy who has missed the most races out of the entire chase field has won it. Seriously...Fck Kyle.. Mad

NASCAR Championship Weekend at Homestead 12243010

Tanner, have I ever told you lately that I love you? <3

Last edited by kensethfan on Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:10 pm

Well guys, you realize that a certain picture is retired now.
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

https://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanrar Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:11 pm

RACECAR wrote:Well guys, you realize that a certain picture is retired now.

I miss that meme already. ;-;
Tanrar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:14 pm

This was the second-most palatable option behind Gordon winning. I'm surprisingly OK with this.
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BooyakaDragon Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:14 pm

Unpopular Opinion: I think people take things too seriously when it comes to NASCAR and it's Chase.
BooyakaDragon
BooyakaDragon
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:16 pm

BooyakaDragon wrote:Unpopular Opinion: I think people take things too seriously when it comes to NASCAR and it's Chase.

This! I actually am just glad it isn't Harvick!
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:24 pm

NASCAR was allowed to create this monster because they have ZERO competition, CART/IRL split and all the ratings went to NASCAR.

NASCAR had to much time on their hands and went after the NFL (which is stupid)

IF Indycar could really get hot in the next coming years and actually have better ratings and racing than NASCAR, I'm sure that NASCAR would change their temperance.
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:29 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:IF Indycar could really get hot in the next coming years and actually have better ratings and racing than NASCAR, I'm sure that NASCAR would change their temperance.

Well, IndyCar's already got one of those in the bag: the better racing part. IndyCar's ratings are also starting to go up, while NASCAR's have been going down this year. Hmmm... Makes me wonder if some NASCAR fans are jumping ship to IndyCar.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:36 pm

Better than Harvick, still bleh, mostly because the season was terrible anyway, and i only watched 6 races to get a grip of how bad it was.
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by conrail1990 Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:48 pm

Kyle Busch was not in the top half of my picks for the title. But at least it was him over some jerk that wrecked half the field at Talladega with an essentially dead race car. I still believe the chase needs to go away.

As for the fans saying they will stop following Nascar racing. See you when Daytona is around the corner. NASCAR Championship Weekend at Homestead 215644238
conrail1990
conrail1990
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:54 pm

conrail1990 wrote:Kyle Busch was not in the top half of my picks for the title. But at least it was him over some jerk that wrecked half the field at Talladega with an essentially dead race car. I still believe the chase needs to go away.

As for the fans saying they will stop following Nascar racing. See you when Daytona is around the corner. NASCAR Championship Weekend at Homestead 215644238

For me, it'll still only be the 600.

Only because I work on most Sundays
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdc48 Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:00 pm

Wasn't moved by Kyle winning the championship, and yes, it shows how NASCAR is so damn pathetic when it comes to the Chase, but I'm kinda okay with this, for once. At least Harvick was dethroned. A pitiful season, to be honest. On to 2016.

Gonna miss Jeff Gordon so much. Gonna be weird as hell to not see him on the grid next year.

Congrats to Martin Truex Jr. and Furniture Row on an awesome year.
bigdc48
bigdc48
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:02 pm

I'm gonna sum it up like I summed it up on Facebook/TeamSpeak, anywhere else I rambled...

No, Brian France, I was not properly motorsports entertained. See you at Daytona.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:05 pm

Ryan Preece.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next