Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NR Tracks With Best AI Racing

+3
Cynon
SpeedDemon37
gone-sovereign
7 posters

Go down

NR Tracks With Best AI Racing Empty NR Tracks With Best AI Racing

Post by gone-sovereign Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:18 pm

Title.

I usually like to run offline races with the AI in NR, so I'm looking for tracks that usually produce some good racing on their own, without too much modification to the track.ini. Any suggestions?
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

NR Tracks With Best AI Racing Empty Re: NR Tracks With Best AI Racing

Post by SpeedDemon37 Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:28 pm

Listing a few from memory that I remember to have good racing, and categorized by track type. Depending on what you would consider to be good racing, there are certainly many more than these! I just listed a few that I can remember per track type.

- Terre Haute Action Track probably has the best AI racing of any dirt track that I've downloaded. EldoraSpdwy_2011 is pretty good, too (although the track isn't perfectly accurate), as well as Tulsa Expo Center.
- I-70 Speedway, Kalamazoo Speedway, and Kil-Kare Raceway are all pretty good short tracks.
- Boston International Speedway, EuroSpeedway, Gateway, and Texas World 2007 are good speedways.
- The OldRing road course (Volgoring in TM canon) and Nelson Ledges Road Course are pretty good road courses. Others include Butibamba (Circuit Thierry Sicotte in TM canon), the various editions of Mosport, Circuit ICAR, and the Toddring road course.
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:26 am

Flat short tracks with low downforce, Karjala, E4, Butibamba (edits I made), Bikernieki (the AI are insane). Redoing the .LPs and the fast.xxx.sim setup on road courses (which isn't nearly as hard as it sounds) can make a world of difference. In case you're wondering why the Bikernieki setup is insanely loose, it's not made for humans... Wink

Generally with ovals, the less banking you have, the better.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:04 pm

Martinsville 2012 SDT is surprisingly entertaining without being too crashy for the most part. Usually, there might be a bit of carnage early before a few long runs take over.

With some grip, downforce, and tire wear editing, Atlanta_Night_2012 is really fun and can produce the "comers and goers" type racing.

As previously stated, ButiBamba is a good one if you like road courses, and Terre Haute is a fun dirt track.

For a Superspeedway, I personally like Armory Digital Raceway or Dayona 2014 RR FSE.

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:39 pm

Auto Club 2014 tends to give me good races.

High Banked Restrictor plate tracks really bore me personally. Talladega and Daytona are snore-worthy no matter what version I use.

f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:28 pm

Old Dominion has by far the best Short track AI I've ever seen
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:59 pm

Mother of Invention wrote:Old Dominion has by far the best Short track AI I've ever seen

If I knew that track existed for NR at one point, it's not clicking in my head right this second.

Would also like to give a plug to Road America HR when you turn the line modifier off. Very Happy

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:41 pm

Cynon wrote:
Mother of Invention wrote:Old Dominion has by far the best Short track AI I've ever seen

If I knew that track existed for NR at one point, it's not clicking in my head right this second.

Would also like to give a plug to Road America HR when you turn the line modifier off. Very Happy

It's a newer track, I think it's available or DL at Bullring - http://bigdonlinemotorsports.com/Downloads.html
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RedViperGaming Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:02 pm

Cynon wrote:

What happens when you turn the line modifier off? As well as how do you do that? Neutral scratch
RedViperGaming
RedViperGaming
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:58 pm

RedViperGaming wrote:
Cynon wrote:

What happens when you turn the line modifier off? As well as how do you do that? Neutral scratch

There's a little line in the track.ini called "ai_line_modifier". Delete that. Very Happy

I've found that Darlington 1970 has some really good racing on it's own. The AI can't pass on the inside very well, but they still get pretty racey, which makes it especially fun on a long run when the leaders encounter back markers. It's as if they're playing mind games with each other. Wink
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:18 am

RedViperGaming wrote:
Cynon wrote:

The AI in NR2003 has a minrace and maxrace LP files that they use as references for the inside and the outside.

Removing the line modifier seems to make them not care if they're the inside or outside line. It won't make them pass on the outside unless there are slower lapped cars in the way, but if you have a right handed corner, they are more likely to make an outbraking move on the right side.

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down