Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Elite Series) Race 1 - Smash Beer 200

+6
RyanB06
zaw24fan
Memoriesallbutdone
Magus978
Joshua Michaels
Ceej
10 posters

Go down

(Elite Series) Race 1 - Smash Beer 200 Empty (Elite Series) Race 1 - Smash Beer 200

Post by Ceej Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:44 pm

Results:
Ceej
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

(Elite Series) Race 1 - Smash Beer 200 Empty Re: (Elite Series) Race 1 - Smash Beer 200

Post by Joshua Michaels Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:35 pm

((I really like your info graphics for the drivers, how did you make them?))
Joshua Michaels
Joshua Michaels
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

(Elite Series) Race 1 - Smash Beer 200 Empty Re: (Elite Series) Race 1 - Smash Beer 200

Post by Magus978 Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:03 pm

Spoiler:
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Memoriesallbutdone Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:52 pm

Evan Goodman's day ends early, resulting in 33rd place finish

"We had great cars all weekend and for whatever today it wasn't here. Then a mechanical issue takes us out. But hey it's just the beginning of the season and I was happy to be able to make this race where so many didn't." - Evan Goodman
Memoriesallbutdone
Memoriesallbutdone
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zaw24fan Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:37 pm

Spoiler:
zaw24fan
zaw24fan
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:23 pm

Spoiler:
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:48 pm

Spoiler:
JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Groribe Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:24 am

That was a great race Smile
Groribe
Groribe
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by BooyakaDragon Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:07 pm

Spoiler:
BooyakaDragon
BooyakaDragon
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:08 pm

Rip Tyler Wins Smash Beer 200 In Thrilling Fashion!

Tyler Would Not Be Denied

Despite the best efforts of several competitors to stop him, Rip Tyler managed to pull off a daring last lap pass to win the first race of the 2015 FARC season. Well, "last lap" is a bit of an overstatement. It was more of a "last turn" pass to be a bit more precise. The #8 car of Lucas Sweeney pushed up the track entering the tri-oval and that was just the opening Tyler needed.

"It feels good! Real good!" Tyler exclaimed. "We battled all day. We battled everything-- the other cars, our own car, mechanical issues-- everything. But we kept fighting and good things happen when you do that."

Things were looking bright pre-race for the #16 team as Tyler won his B-Main 1 qualifier putting him on the inside of row 2. Then outside pole sitter Riley Durbin was injured in the new FARC Duckroll Super Series inaugural race and was not medically cleared for the Smash Beer 200. The team was forced to make a driver swap which sent the #38 car to the rear of the field. Thus, Tyler inherited Durbin's slot on the grid-- directly in front of SPI teammate Reid Bullet. From there, things seemed to go downhill for the 2012 series champion.

In the opening stages, a small fracas between the #03 of rookie Rick Head, reigning champion Ryan Matthews in the #61, and the #17 car of veteran Cyrus LaTerza. Tyler managed to avoid this incident with little damage to the nose of his #16 Leapin' Lizard Lycoia Infiltrator.  Before that, during the first caution, the #2 car of Jason Bates appeared to get into the back of Tyler and the #16 car veered sharply down onto the apron. It's unknown if the minor contact incurred contributed to Tyler's car having a tire go down shortly thereafter.

Throughout the day, Tyler dropped back to the middle of the pack several times because of other skirmishes with slow or lapped cars only to fight his way back up to the front of the field. Most seemed to involve the #41 car of Zack Webster and the #8 of Lucas Sweeney in some form or other. Once Rick Head became an non-factor, Webster seemed to take up his mantle as aggressor which caused the OEN announcing team to say Webster "wasn't afraid to get his bumper dirty." Being the third driver at Power Steering Incorporated in 2014, it's possible Webster may have learned a thing or two from Kurt Plissken, but that is purely speculation on our part.

"There was several white knuckle moments out there today for sure," Tyler stated. Midway through the race Tyler avoided calamity when he split in between teammate Reid Bullet and Cyrus LaTerza. Rip Tyler recovered again and again from his several close calls to fight his way back up front. LaTerza would resurface later in what could be the defining moment of the race.

With 20 laps remaining, Tyler made his final pit stop and was first in and back out.

"Can't say enough about our crew!" Tyler beamed. "They made the right calls at the right times all day. They kept me up front and without them, we wouldn't be in victory lane right now."

It didn't look like it nearing the end of the race though. Once again contact with Cyrus LaTerza threatened to end Tyler's day. With less than 10 laps remaining, LaTerza tried to squeeze in between the #19 car of Allie Riggs and Zack Webster. Tyler went into the wall causing some damage to the right side of #16 car. But Rip Tyler would not be denied.

"Rip has an indomitable spirit," Reid Bullet commented. "He won't ever quit or give up."

"I'd like to give a shout out to Reid Bullet!" yelled Tyler trying to be heard above the victory celebration noise. "That guy is a true white hat. He helped me all day long. He drove the wheels off that #12 Loan Ranger car today. In fact, if he hadn't gotten hung up by slow and lapped cars several times today, he may have very well run away with this race and been here in victory lane instead of me!"
  "That guy is as unselfish as they come." Tyler then turned and said, "I never got a chance to properly thank him." But once again, Bullet, known as the Masked Man" had disappeared into the crowd.  

Jason Bates finished second -0.11 behind Tyler with Bullet in third just a scant -0.14 behind the victorious Tyler. By nabbing the final podium slot, Bullet ensured the SPI team a 1-3 finish for the day's festivities.

With the victory, Rip Tyler scored an impressive 208 points whilst Bullet notched 162 in his belt.

SPI teammate Libby Bell had a tire go down on lap 20 and was wrecked out of the race shortly thereafter.

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down