Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2014 MHSAA Lower Peninsula Cross Country State Finals

Go down

2014 MHSAA Lower Peninsula Cross Country State Finals Empty 2014 MHSAA Lower Peninsula Cross Country State Finals

Post by SpeedDemon37 Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:22 pm

The majority of my day yesterday was spent at the high school cross country state finals meet (Michigan High School Athletic Association) for the lower peninsula of Michigan. I went with some friends and their parents to support my 8 teammates (1 boy and 7 girls) who had qualified for their races.

Why am I posting this here? The location of this meet just happened to be at the Michigan International Speedway! I have never attended the meet before, but I believe that it has been held at MIS every November since 1996. Needless to say, I had a field day exploring the facility and taking pictures of it (even though I was never able to walk a full lap around the oval; I never got the time to do so). I was able to get much closer to the track than I ever could during motor racing weekends, and despite the complete lack of racecars, it was an amazing experience!

Here is a picture of the cross country course, which is a standard 5 kilometers (3.107 miles) in length. Every part of the course that crosses over paved surfaces (including the main oval) had dirt brought in and placed on top of the pavement.

2014 MHSAA Lower Peninsula Cross Country State Finals Mismap

Here are some of the many, many pictures that I took while I was there. Enjoy! Smile

Pictures:
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

2014 MHSAA Lower Peninsula Cross Country State Finals Empty Re: 2014 MHSAA Lower Peninsula Cross Country State Finals

Post by SpeedDemon37 Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:38 pm

Uploaded some pictures to the original post. I plan to upload some more later!
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down