Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NASCAR Annouces New Superspeedway Rule

+22
Nextelracer
racingfreak1999
Sparkz47
bartman97
Cynon
RACECAR
PKligBKFan
Tanrar
f1fan12
Ceej
Blake Camphausen
Alta
Vincent Giacalone
F1V1
Rykia
PYLrulz
navycook75
gwoodard41
day500champ1
usmcstang
Chives2112
Tonyl14
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

NASCAR Annouces New Superspeedway Rule Empty NASCAR Annouces New Superspeedway Rule

Post by Tonyl14 Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:53 am

Just got this news from ESPN. NASCAR annouced that the restrictor plate will be larger which will create what everybody loves, Pack Racing! Now I haven't seen anything about what the other rule is but, this is all I know about the changes.
Tonyl14
Tonyl14
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

NASCAR Annouces New Superspeedway Rule Empty Re: NASCAR Annouces New Superspeedway Rule

Post by Chives2112 Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:06 am

Hmmm, we'll have to see about this, but this is some better news about restrictor plate racing.
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

NASCAR Annouces New Superspeedway Rule Empty Re: NASCAR Annouces New Superspeedway Rule

Post by usmcstang Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:12 am

The other rule change is that NASCAR reduced the pressure in the engines cooling system by 8 psi.
usmcstang
usmcstang
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

http://www.dontfuckingcontactme.net

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:03 am

Doesn't matter what NASCAR does. It's not going to change the racing. The teams are still going to try to make the two-car tango work. Mainly because two cars are so much faster than a pack of 5 or 6.

They did try to change the cooling pressure I think it was at the July Daytona race this year, but it didn't change anything.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:31 am

I thought it was going to be something along the lines of the speed limit actually being limited and drivers being black flagged for going... too fast on track.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:10 pm

gwoodard41 wrote:I thought it was going to be something along the lines of the speed limit actually being limited and drivers being black flagged for going... too fast on track.
where's the fun in that?
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:12 pm

Oh it's really fun for the officials to troll the fans and drivers Very Happy
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:14 pm

I see people on other forums complaining about this, but if NASCAR did nothing, people would complain anyway that NASCAR didn't try to make the racing better
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tonyl14 Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:52 pm

PYLrulz wrote:I see people on other forums complaining about this, but if NASCAR did nothing, people would complain anyway that NASCAR didn't try to make the racing better

Well probably everyone here didn't like the two-car tango. At Daytona it gave us the most unlikely winners ever (Bayne, Ragan).
Tonyl14
Tonyl14
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:00 pm

Tonyl14 wrote:
PYLrulz wrote:I see people on other forums complaining about this, but if NASCAR did nothing, people would complain anyway that NASCAR didn't try to make the racing better

Well probably everyone here didn't like the two-car tango. At Daytona it gave us the most unlikely winners ever (Bayne, Ragan).

I liked it. Why? Because how many finishes have we had like the April Talladega race at the plate tracks? I big pack never gave anyone I chance to make a move. They'd pussy out. Now since you are either pushing or being pushed you can't chicken out. You have to go or get run over.

And it's not like we haven't had unlikely winners at the plate tracks with the pack racing. It doesn't matter what style of racing they use these races are always a crapshoot.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:08 pm

day500champ1 wrote:
Tonyl14 wrote:

I liked it. Why? Because how many finishes have we had like the April Talladega race at the plate tracks? I big pack never gave anyone I chance to make a move. They'd pussy out. Now since you are either pushing or being pushed you can't chicken out. You have to go or get run over.

And it's not like we haven't had unlikely winners at the plate tracks with the pack racing. It doesn't matter what style of racing they use these races are always a crapshoot.

This. Completely agree here.

Also, I gurantee that there will still be the two car tango...

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by F1V1 Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:20 pm

The two-car tango can produce exciting finishes but the overall racing isn't nearly as spectacular. It also pretty much throws requiring talent out the window because it doesn't matter if you're good or not as long as you have a fast car pushing you. It really cheapens NASCAR's product.
F1V1
F1V1
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:31 pm

F1V1 wrote:The two-car tango can produce exciting finishes but the overall racing isn't nearly as spectacular. It also pretty much throws requiring talent out the window because it doesn't matter if you're good or not as long as you have a fast car pushing you. It really cheapens NASCAR's product.

And the pack racing was different how? Plate racing in general doesn't require much. Most of PR is all about the car and aero not about driving skill. Never back in the 70s and 80s before the plates it was different. But, today is completely different. Doesn't matter whether it's pack racing or two-car tango, it doesn't take much to be good. The only difference is you get a better finish with the one than the other.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Giacalone Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:32 pm

day500champ1 wrote:Plate racing in general doesn't require much.

Tell that to the Intimidator.
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:36 pm

Nascarboy426 wrote:

Well, we all know Dale was on a plateau all his own. He just knew where he had to be when he had to be.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:30 pm

Nascarboy426 wrote:

Cause it's so hard to win on a superspeedway....
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:38 pm

Alta wrote:
Nascarboy426 wrote:

I can't even keep up with the pack on a superspeedway.
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:52 pm

Chives2112 wrote:
Alta wrote:
Nascarboy426 wrote:

I can't even keep up with the pack on a superspeedway.

Neither can the position ticker...

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tonyl14 Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:39 pm

Upside to pack racing, the Big One. Two-car tango, nope. Pack Racing three wide all race, Two-Car Tango, nope.
Tonyl14
Tonyl14
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:55 pm

Tonyl14 wrote: Upside to pack racing, the Big One. Two-car tango, nope. Pack Racing three wide all race, Two-Car Tango, nope.

Pack Racing three wide except for the middle part of the race where they are single file.

Pack Racing not moves for win, winner wins by a car length at the least. Two-car Tango; four wide for 3rd while first 8 cars are separated by less than a second.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Camphausen Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:19 pm

Tonyl14 wrote: Upside to pack racing, the Big One.
I've said it once I'll say it again, racing is about racing, not wrecking.
Blake Camphausen
Blake Camphausen
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceej Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:22 pm

Hi, Boozooka!
Ceej
Ceej
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:39 pm

Tonyl14 wrote: Upside to pack racing, the Big One. Two-car tango, nope. Pack Racing three wide all race, Two-Car Tango, nope.

Big ones with two car tango
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLM9c_9DxPQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrP0FSGJIOU

Pack racing doesn't always lead to three wide all the time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs5ZlO7GbnM&feature=related

f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanrar Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:31 am

I think pack racing will make Superspeedways less tedious to watch, at least in my opinion.
Tanrar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:05 am

Yay, let's go watch people get injured because we only like seeing big wrecks in racing!!!!!! Rolling Eyes
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:07 pm

Pack Racing: Exciting on restarts. Long Green runs = Boring single file
Tango Racing: Exciting on restarts. Long green runs = Boring swaps

They cancel each other out

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:55 pm

So its not even about the racing for you, its about the crashes.
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

https://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:43 pm

RACECAR wrote:

Of course, 80-90 percent of NASCAR fans are there for the crashes only the remaining 10-20 percent laugh about how the drivers can only turn left.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:59 pm

gwoodard41 wrote:
RACECAR wrote:

Of course, 80-90 percent of NASCAR fans are there for the crashes only the remaining 10-20 percent laugh about how the drivers can only turn left.

Whoa, are you ever wrong. You just described the exact opposite of a NASCAR fan...
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:28 pm

PKligBKFan wrote:
gwoodard41 wrote:
RACECAR wrote:

Whoa, are you ever wrong. You just described the exact opposite of a NASCAR fan...

Maybe I should have put it italics for the purpose of sarcasm
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Camphausen Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:03 pm

gwoodard41 wrote:
PKligBKFan wrote:
gwoodard41 wrote:
RACECAR wrote:

Maybe I should have put it italics for the purpose of sarcasm
This. Either that or type like an epic noob, leik i do somtiems. Razz
Blake Camphausen
Blake Camphausen
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:02 pm

Rykia_RKXK wrote:Pack Racing: Exciting on restarts. Long Green runs = Boring single file

I'll take single file over dumb swaps any day. The only reason they stayed single file in pack racing is because the cars wouldn't blow up if they stayed that way. Also, what's the incentive for the drivers to pass in pack racing before like, 20 to go. It's pretty easy to pass cars on superspeedways given the speed of the cars... why not take the restrictor plates off? It's high time that was done anyway...

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:11 pm

Cynon wrote:
Rykia_RKXK wrote:Pack Racing: Exciting on restarts. Long Green runs = Boring single file

I'll take single file over dumb swaps any day. The only reason they stayed single file in pack racing is because the cars wouldn't blow up if they stayed that way. Also, what's the incentive for the drivers to pass in pack racing before like, 20 to go. It's pretty easy to pass cars on superspeedways given the speed of the cars... why not take the restrictor plates off? It's high time that was done anyway...

Didn't they put the restrictor plates on to avoid drivers from flying when they wreck?
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bartman97 Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:09 pm

gwoodard41 wrote:
Cynon wrote:

Didn't they put the restrictor plates on to avoid drivers from flying when they wreck?

Yeah, that was one reason, cause Bobby Allison flew into the catchfence at Talladega in 1987.
bartman97
bartman97
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:31 pm

Cynon wrote:Why not take the restrictor plates off? It's high time that was done anyway...

I don't know if I'd go THAT far. I'm all for widening up the plates, maybe getting them up to 220 or somewhere in that area, but taking them off completely would be a death wish. It would get them in the realm of 235, maybe even 240 in the draft. That's just asking for trouble. I hate NASCAR's overprotective regulations as much as the next guy, but taking the plates off all together seems far too dangerous.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Camphausen Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:47 pm

Sparkz47 wrote:
Cynon wrote:Why not take the restrictor plates off? It's high time that was done anyway...

I don't know if I'd go THAT far. I'm all for widening up the plates, maybe getting them up to 220 or somewhere in that area, but taking them off completely would be a death wish. It would get them in the realm of 235, maybe even 240 in the draft. That's just asking for trouble. I hate NASCAR's overprotective regulations as much as the next guy, but taking the plates off all together seems far too dangerous.
With the current cars you won't die unless you are doing like 270, which would be next to impossible unless they made changes to the car.
Blake Camphausen
Blake Camphausen
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:30 pm

Here is my bottom line. You won't have the finishes with the pack racing maybe a three-wide battle for like 5th or 7th but not for the win.

And need I remind everyone of the yellow-line rule? Speaking of which has that even come into play since the two-car tango started. Well come back old friend.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Camphausen Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:15 pm

day500champ1 wrote:Here is my bottom line. You won't have the finishes with the pack racing maybe a three-wide battle for like 5th or 7th but not for the win.

And need I remind everyone of the yellow-line rule? Speaking of which has that even come into play since the two-car tango started. Well come back old friend.
This years Bud Shootout?
Blake Camphausen
Blake Camphausen
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:19 pm

Blake Camphausen wrote:
day500champ1 wrote:Here is my bottom line. You won't have the finishes with the pack racing maybe a three-wide battle for like 5th or 7th but not for the win.

This years Bud Shootout?

And even then it was a clear violation. I expect if the pack racing returns we are either going to have another Edwards deal or Smith deal.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by racingfreak1999 Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:08 am

bartman97 wrote:
gwoodard41 wrote:
Cynon wrote:

Yeah, that was one reason, cause Bobby Allison flew into the catchfence at Talladega in 1987.
Yeah, because the restrictor plate sure did stop Carl Edwards from going into the fence.
racingfreak1999
racingfreak1999
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:39 am

As long as some parts of the track are set up like they are, cars will fly no matter what. See the dogleg at these super-speedways. If a car goes sideways, and hits the spot where the banking ends, and the apron begins, no matter what you do to a car, its going airborne. I say the only way to prevent that would be to have some kind of progressive banking, at least at that portion of those tracks so you won't have that situation.

As far as keeping the cars grounded if they go sideways past 200, I say NASCAR should do everything in their power to try and improve the roof flap technology, or at least do something so cars can stay grounded much easier if they go sideways at 200+.

And taking the plates off completely, I say no. Do something so the cars are at least going over 200, but having the cars go 240-250, and possibly crashing?!? Yeah, I don't think it will look pretty at all, regardless of how tough those cars are built. Remember, Rusty Wallace did a test at Talladega years back, and did around 235, and claimed the car was nowhere near race trim. Imagine if you set a car up for race trim unrestricted at Talladega.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:15 am

day500champ1 wrote:
Blake Camphausen wrote:

This years Bud Shootout?

And even then it was a clear violation. I expect if the pack racing returns we are either going to have another Edwards deal or Smith deal.

The Edwards thing happened in a two car tango though.
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Giacalone Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:19 am

[quote="Cynon"]
Rykia_RKXK wrote:why not take the restrictor plates off? It's high time that was done anyway...

Because no one wants injured fans.
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:05 pm

PKligBKFan wrote:
day500champ1 wrote:
Blake Camphausen wrote:

This years Bud Shootout?

The Edwards thing happened in a two car tango though.

That's true but that's also when they first found out that the two-car tango was an option. I'm just trying to say that if we go back to the plate racing, people are still going to find some negative in it. That's the nature of EFR's fan base.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nextelracer Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:58 pm

Two-car-tangoes are so retarded. If I went to Talladega, the last thing I'd want to see is 20 packs of 2 cars that are spread 30+ seconds apart. Simply put, it's extremely boring to watch. And, it's not good racing either, because all they do is ride around for 187 laps and then crash on the last one. So what if it produces the flukiest finishes ever? That really means nothing, and it just adds to the fact that it takes no talent to play bumper games all race. Plus, all of you saying that pack racing was more dangerous...I have a question for you. If you were a driver, would you rather be involved in a wreck where all the drivers in proximity are wrecking at the same speed (the big one) or would you rather get wrecked and plowed at 190+ mph by a pack of two? Plus, one of the reasons we see cars flipping more with the two-car-tangoes is exactly what I said above. In the big one, all the cars would just run into each other and break each other's momentum. With the two-car-tangoes, basically if you spin out, nothing is going to stop you from just lifting up and away.
Nextelracer
Nextelracer
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:17 pm

Nextelracer wrote:Two-car-tangoes are so retarded. If I went to Talladega, the last thing I'd want to see is 20 packs of 2 cars that are spread 30+ seconds apart. Simply put, it's extremely boring to watch. And, it's not good racing either, because all they do is ride around for 187 laps and then crash on the last one. So what if it produces the flukiest finishes ever? That really means nothing, and it just adds to the fact that it takes no talent to play bumper games all race. Plus, all of you saying that pack racing was more dangerous...I have a question for you. If you were a driver, would you rather be involved in a wreck where all the drivers in proximity are wrecking at the same speed (the big one) or would you rather get wrecked and plowed at 190+ mph by a pack of two? Plus, one of the reasons we see cars flipping more with the two-car-tangoes is exactly what I said above. In the big one, all the cars would just run into each other and break each other's momentum. With the two-car-tangoes, basically if you spin out, nothing is going to stop you from just lifting up and away.

Pack racing really honestly doesn't take that much either (yea, Dale Sr. is the exception though even he didn't like RP racing).

But, on your crash discussion. Trying telling these guys that pack racing is better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWWWNcMWs2w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMTy7K0qrUw
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:14 pm

Whatever gets Dave Blaney to win, I'm okay with it.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRacingExperts Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:58 pm

now we can get back to the upsets that come with pack racing too. its all about making friends in the tango racing, and no n00b wouldnt DARE to get paired with a small teamed car...
but now hopefully we can get ourselves another kick butt upset. as much as the finish at talladega was really awesome, that was two laps out of 188 or so. now its a big pack where we dont know whos leading. most of the two car tango races, specifically the bud shootout, would have two pairs with like a ten second lead over everyone else. something that is the TOTAL opposite of what restrictor plate racing was meant to do.
TheRacingExperts
TheRacingExperts
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

http://www.theracingexperts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystrsyko Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:57 pm

why cant we all agree that pack and two car racing both suck?

lets not forget that pack racing was the unintended side effect of the restrictor plates and that up until very recently many drivers absolutely hated the pack racing that resulted because it gave them no control over where they ended up. i've always hated pack racing because all the drivers do is sit around in a group and hope they dont get wrecked

i rather enjoy the two car drafting because it gave some control back to the drivers. they could finally set up passes and strategize, rather than just pick a line and hope it works out. however, it's probably much more unsafe for various reasons that have already been discussed

my personal opinion is that they should put a tiny engine in the cars for tally and daytona so that the cars are incapable of breaking 200. then there will be no need for plates and pack racing and whatnot
Mystrsyko
Mystrsyko
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nextelracer Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:10 pm

Mystrsyko wrote:why cant we all agree that pack and two car racing both suck?

lets not forget that pack racing was the unintended side effect of the restrictor plates and that up until very recently many drivers absolutely hated the pack racing that resulted because it gave them no control over where they ended up. i've always hated pack racing because all the drivers do is sit around in a group and hope they dont get wrecked

i rather enjoy the two car drafting because it gave some control back to the drivers. they could finally set up passes and strategize, rather than just pick a line and hope it works out. however, it's probably much more unsafe for various reasons that have already been discussed

my personal opinion is that they should put a tiny engine in the cars for tally and daytona so that the cars are incapable of breaking 200. then there will be no need for plates and pack racing and whatnot

I like pack racing. It takes serious nerves of steel to race at 200 mph, 3/4 wide, in closer proximity to other cars than in a parking lot. Two-car-tangoes just don't get me excited. It's like me tailgating behind a school bus for a trip down I-95...

I'd honestly like to see what the cars could do without restrictor plates. They broke 220 back in the 80's with inferior engines and less aerodynamics. Now, engines are SO much more powerful (honestly, they're 100 hp+ up from the 80's) and more reliable than in days past. Even in the past 5 years, engines have gained loads of power; the cars seriously fly down the straights at the intermediates like Pocono and Michigan now.

And I know I talked about safety when I brought up packs, but honestly I don't give two flying turds about safety. It's high time to stop bubble-wrapping these drivers and make them man up a little bit. But, why would anyone bring up "control" when talking about two-car-tangoes? I don't see how forcing to line up in groups of two like Kindergarten children gives the drivers any more control than being in a big pack? Seems about the same to me.
Nextelracer
Nextelracer
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next