Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The Profit" On CNBC 500k- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

+12
BWard
conrail1990
pennst24
RACECAR
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Lucstar88
Rykia
Mother of Invention
flyingturns89
PYLrulz
Alta
Backmarker
16 posters

Go down

"The Profit" On CNBC 500k- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Empty "The Profit" On CNBC 500k- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

Post by Backmarker Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:32 pm

The Sprint Cup wagon train moves on to Phoenix for the second race of the season, and the first with the new qualifying format.

46 cars are entered for the race. Link because copypasting messed up the formatting of my post.

Some notes:

• LendingTree has signed on to sponsor Parker Kligerman again.
  • Travis Kvapil makes his first start for Go FAS Racing, and will probably be driving for the rest of the year except for the road courses.
  • Brian Scott makes another start for RCR in the 33.
  • Blake Koch will drive the 35 car for the next two races.
  • Joe Nemechek moves over to the #66 MWR/Nemco joint. Morgan Shepherd is in the 87.
  • Kurt Busch, Cole Whitt, and Dave Blaney must qualify on speed. Busch has a past champion's provisional available if it is not used by Tony Stewart or Brad Keselowski.

Last edited by NeverNeutral on Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

"The Profit" On CNBC 500k- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Empty Re: "The Profit" On CNBC 500k- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

Post by Alta Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:00 pm

Possible chance rain plays havoc once again as they have a 70% chance of rain on Saturday and 50% chance of rain on Sunday. Probably stuff left over from what's coming down over here in California right now.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

"The Profit" On CNBC 500k- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Empty Re: "The Profit" On CNBC 500k- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

Post by PYLrulz Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:24 am

Alta wrote:Possible chance rain plays havoc once again as they have a 70% chance of rain on Saturday and 50% chance of rain on Sunday. Probably stuff left over from what's coming down over here in California right now.

So you are saying unless they could get practice in, Busch could DNQ?!?  Laughing 
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:52 am

PYLrulz wrote:
Alta wrote:Possible chance rain plays havoc once again as they have a 70% chance of rain on Saturday and 50% chance of rain on Sunday. Probably stuff left over from what's coming down over here in California right now.

So you are saying unless they could get practice in, Busch could DNQ?!?  Laughing 

They'll get qualifying in, because qualifying is on Friday, which has a 0% chance of rain.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:32 am

PYLrulz wrote:

Kurt would get the PCP I think. But like Alta said, Qualifying shouldn't have problems with rain.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:24 pm

Xxxtreme announced that they would start their season at Las Vegas a few weeks ago, so their not being at Phoenix was probably planned. Link is here.

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:51 pm

Sorry, forgot about that.
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:37 pm

Dale Earnhardt Junior is fastest in first practice.
Joey Logano is second. Kyle Busch is third.
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:40 am

Brad Keselowski won the pole. Qualifying was a bit weird, was hoping to be as exciting as F1 qualifying but sadly was wrong.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:18 pm

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:Brad Keselowski won the pole. Qualifying was a bit weird, was hoping to be as exciting as F1 qualifying but sadly was wrong.

That was only short track qualifying, Mile 1/2s will have three sessions. Its only the first one, give it a season and then we'll see from there.
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

https://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:35 pm

Race called for rain. Kyle wins.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:43 pm

Alta wrote:Race called for rain. Kyle wins.
Wrong thread. Razz
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:15 pm

NeverNeutral wrote:
Wrong thread. Razz

Yfw..................
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:58 pm

NeverNeutral wrote:
Wrong thread. Razz
I've been feeling crappy all day. It was bound to happen lol
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:04 pm

Thanks for spoiling tomarrow's race, you just saved me the trouble of ever seeing it  Laughing 

Funny thing is the reaction would be literally no different if Kyle won a Cup race.
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

https://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Post by conrail1990 Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:44 pm

Pretty much this whole race.

conrail1990
conrail1990
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:13 pm

Oh damn Dale Jr. almost got 2 in a row, but I'm okay with Harvick winning.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:19 pm

I guess you can say Harvick's car was.....

FREAKY FAST!

*exits thread*
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:23 pm

Alta wrote:I guess you can say Harvick's car was.....

FREAKY FAST!

*exits thread*
Go kill yourself.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:27 pm

I think if there weren't as many cautions toward the end of the race as there were, I think Dale Jr. would've had a much better shot at winning since his car seemed like it was set up for a longer run.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:28 pm

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:

FREAKY FAST!

*exits thread*
Go kill yourself.
Or we can kill him, but being serious now, Dale Jr. is surely fast in these first two races, with luck, he won't sleep on the chase.
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:29 pm

FREAKY FAST!

*exits thread*

"The Profit" On CNBC 500k- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Tumblr_inline_mlzaaep9wJ1qz4rgp
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:33 pm

Meh, okay race, I guess. Harvick basically blew everyone out of the water today, leading over 200 laps. Can't say I'm surprised, considering he's been the man at this track for the past couple of years, and even a move to a new team couldn't stop Happy on this day. Good win by Harvick.

Well, needless to say, DAYLE Jrrrrrrrrr back up his big win in the Daytona 500 in a big way, coming home 2nd and pretty much having the only car that could've even been a match for that 4 car. Jr. starts 2014 with a win and a runner-up. You can't get much better than that.

Newman... finishing 6th... still trying to be relevant.

Overall, this was an okay race. Not really a race that blew my mind, but it was watchable, at least, and that counts for something considering the pit of mediocrity NASCAR has been in for the past several years. Hopefully, Las Vegas will deliver an encore of what we saw last year.

This weirdly named race at Phoenix gets a 5.5/10.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:23 am

So apparently Danica Patrick and Justin Allgaier had a bit of a chat between each other after yesterday's race (taken from Jayski):

#10-Danica Patrick and #51-Justin Allgaier had a discussion in the garage about an incident they had during The Profit on CNBC 500 at Phoenix International Raceway. The caution waved on Lap 172 when Patrick, Allgaier and #32-Travis Kvapil got together. Patrick was upset on her radio about Allgaier, blaming him for the incident. Afterward, she went to Allgaier's garage stall and they talked. Patrick did not talk to media afterward, but Allgaier did. "She was just upset because she got involved in the crash that we had,'' said Allgaier, who finished 30th in a backup car after crashing during qualifying Friday. "She says she's been through this and that she felt like I needed to settle down at that point. I explained my position on why everything happened. I think she understood where I was coming from. It doesn't fix either one of our race cars. It doesn't fix either one of our days. Unfortunately, we were both having pretty decent days.''
So, how did Allgaier explain the incident to Patrick? "I just explained the situation,'' he said. "We went into the corner and I went to the outside and I think it was her and (David Ragan) and got by both of them and was just trying to get back in line and get going. Unfortunately, the end result was what it was."(Motor Racing Network)(3-3-2014)
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:34 am

We didn't really get a good look on the broadcast but MRN said that Danica cut down on Allgaier to cause the wreck.

I honestly hope this 25th gimmick Danica's working with ends soon cause if Stewart-Hass shows the performance it did today for the rest of the year and Danica's still pulling this then Danica is officially out of excuses. The team is looking strong out of the gate with the exception of her.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nascar9fan Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:55 am

Alta wrote:We didn't really get a good look on the broadcast but MRN said that Danica cut down on Allgaier to cause the wreck.

I honestly hope this 25th gimmick Danica's working with ends soon cause if Stewart-Hass shows the performance it did today for the rest of the year and Danica's still pulling this then Danica is officially out of excuses. The team is looking strong out of the gate with the exception of her.

Her not wrecking every week would be more than enough to stay with them for 1 more year, since she has the sponsor money
Nascar9fan
Nascar9fan
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down