Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Le Mans movie might be in the pipeline

+4
RACECAR
Milan655
RealRacer4
crl
8 posters

Go down

A Le Mans movie might be in the pipeline Empty A Le Mans movie might be in the pipeline

Post by crl Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:21 am

Too bad the two principals who might be involved immediately put it in the "no" pile for me:

http://www.racer.com/pitt-and-cruise-to-team-up-for-le-mans-movie/article/326679/

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
A Le Mans movie might be in the pipeline NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

A Le Mans movie might be in the pipeline Empty Re: A Le Mans movie might be in the pipeline

Post by RealRacer4 Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:34 am

I just hope it's not as brutal as that one scene in "Rush" with Lauda in the hospital. I have a weak stomach for the gruesome scenes and watching it in theaters wasn't fun.  pale

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

A Le Mans movie might be in the pipeline Empty Re: A Le Mans movie might be in the pipeline

Post by Milan655 Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:44 pm

A movie about Le Mans involving Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt will more than likely be a disappointing CGI hollywood movie focused more on "character development". Then there was the fantastic Steve McQueen "Le Mans", focus on the racing and none of the bs.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:54 pm

This movie will fail. It'll be another pathetic inaccurate POS movie along the lines of most of the BS that comes from Hollywood (like that stupid NFS movie coming out in March) and it won't at all connect with the racing fan. If Ron Howard were directing this and it didn't have Tom Cruise or Brad pitt, then I'd be onboard after the brilliant work he did with Rush.
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

https://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:28 pm

It'll probably be about average. Hardcore fans will be disappointed but if it might get people talking about Le Mans, and that will be good. I'll see it if it comes out. The book there basing it on was fantastic. I'm reading it now and I'm about halfway through it.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:18 pm

Cruise was passable in Days of Thunder, in my opinion, and Brad Pitt is...well, he's there. I'll keep my eye on this, as I've heard Kosinski did some good cinematic work with Oblivion, but I'm not expecting any kind of masterpiece.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:31 pm

On an additional note, I pray that they don't completely shit on Ferrari and make them out as the "baddies".
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:51 pm

It depends on who they get to direct it... Ironically, my dad and I were watching Le Mans two nights ago. If they get someone like Ron Howard, it will be like Grand Prix... However if they get any of the majority of the directors out there, it will be like

f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:42 pm

f1fan12 wrote:It depends on who they get to direct it... Ironically, my dad and I were watching Le Mans two nights ago. If they get someone like Ron Howard, it will be like Grand Prix... However if they get any of the majority of the directors out there, it will be like

Oh so now I know why Mythbusters did a manhole cover myth.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:06 pm

Don't forget about the coin flipping scene at Toronto.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:31 am

f1fan12 wrote:It depends on who they get to direct it... Ironically, my dad and I were watching Le Mans two nights ago. If they get someone like Ron Howard, it will be like Grand Prix... However if they get any of the majority of the directors out there, it will be like

You could get Spielberg or Scorcese to direct it, and as long as Cruise and Pitt are involved, I won't see it. Cruise's ego some years back should've ended his career, yet, he's still as popular as ever. And to be completely honest, he's the same person in every film. So is Pitt. Grand Prix's storyline was kind of lame, but James Garner was great because James Garner can act. I have yet to see Rush, but seeing the praise for Hemsworth and Bruhl (especially Bruhl, since he just picked up SAG and Golden Globe nominations), I gather that people could see Hemsworth and Bruhl fall into their roles. That's what made Daniel Day-Lewis so great in Lincoln, and many of his other films, and why Bruno Ganz was so great as Hitler in Downfall. Cruise and Pitt don't fall into their roles; they just show up, and recite their lines. The only time I ever liked Pitt was his cameo in Jimmy Kimmel's "I'm Fucking Ben Affleck" video. I don't give a damn how big of a car guy Cruise is. It doesn't mean you automatically hand him the job of playing one of the most famous car guys ever. Driven failed because the storyline was atrocious, and so was the acting. It ruined Kip Pardue's career, which is a shame, because he was great in Remember the Titans. If someone wants to make a movie about the GT40's greatness at Le Mans in the mid-'60s, great, but don't get big-name actors just because you can. Get people who can bring out the story, and make the film as memorable as Rush.

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
A Le Mans movie might be in the pipeline NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down