Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paul Sweeney: Duckroll Development's advantage is "ridiculous"

Go down

Paul Sweeney: Duckroll Development's advantage is "ridiculous" Empty Paul Sweeney: Duckroll Development's advantage is "ridiculous"

Post by Ceej Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:54 pm

The success of Duckroll Development, the single-car team fielded by ARLA tire supplier Duckroll Tires for research purposes, has drawn criticism from some of the other teams approaching the Canadian tour. Most of these criticisms arose after Nick Howard, the team's primary driver, won the FABricators Body & Detailing 100 at Quincy.

Pearson-Sweeney Motorsports co-owner Paul Sweeney, whose son Lucas was passed on the last lap by Howard at Quincy, spoke out against Duckroll on Monday after the Williams Grove 150.

Said Sweeney, "Duckroll's telling us that they're collecting data after every race, data that they'll use to make the tires better. I think they're just using it to get a ridiculous advantage over everyone else while the rest of us are left scratching our heads....look back at Quincy. Lucas had that race locked up all day. Can you tell me with a straight face that [Nick Howard], of all people, had the talent to drive past him?"

Douglas Lopez, Nick Howard's car owner at Duckroll Development, countered the team's criticism's: "Duckroll doesn't tell my crew any more than what they tell the rest of the teams. The information they get is what they put into the compounds that they bring every week, and we've got the same tires as everyone else."
Ceej
Ceej
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down