Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I the only one who went to see "Turbo"?

+6
Vincent Giacalone
Sparkz47
Cynon
day500champ1
Pyrozooka0
SnakePlissken
10 posters

Go down

Am I the only one who went to see "Turbo"? Empty Am I the only one who went to see "Turbo"?

Post by SnakePlissken Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:43 pm

I mean, it was no Sharknado but...

I thought someone here would've seen Turbo as it's a racing movie!

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Am I the only one who went to see "Turbo"? Empty Re: Am I the only one who went to see "Turbo"?

Post by Pyrozooka0 Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:32 pm

I saw it. it was actually pretty funny

Pyrozooka0
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Am I the only one who went to see "Turbo"? Empty Re: Am I the only one who went to see "Turbo"?

Post by day500champ1 Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:27 pm

I thought about it. Haven't acted on it.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:53 am

I heard it was dumb, but that is what you should expect from a movie made for five year olds...

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:19 am

Probably won't see it. I get that it's a kid's movie, and by extension it's required to have a certain amount of whimsy involved, but the whole "snail on the entry list for the INDY 500" concept just derails it for me. In what twisted world would that be even remotely realistic? Seriously, can you even imagine what kind of thought process the officiators would have to go through in order for him to be accepted?

But I guess that's just the way I am. I have a pretty high standard a movie has to meet before I feel comfortable suspending my disbelief. I still can't watch Herbie: Fully Loaded for this very reason. I believe they state somewhere in that movie that there are no specific rules that prohibit a VW Beetle from entering a NASCAR event, when there are in fact countless rules that would throw it completely out of the question. Never mind that the car's alive.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Giacalone Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:37 am

Sparkz47 wrote:I believe they state somewhere in that movie that there are no specific rules that prohibit a VW Beetle from entering a NASCAR event, when there are in fact countless rules that would throw it completely out of the question. Never mind that the car's alive.

The actual line is "I guess Team Peyton found a loophole!"
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerAzuzu Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:28 am

Sparkz47 wrote:Probably won't see it. I get that it's a kid's movie, and by extension it's required to have a certain amount of whimsy involved, but the whole "snail on the entry list for the INDY 500" concept just derails it for me. In what twisted world would that be even remotely realistic? Seriously, can you even imagine what kind of thought process the officiators would have to go through in order for him to be accepted?

Well to be fair a snail would've been faster than the Lotus from last year... Razz

Might see it if I'm asked to come along for to see anything, otherwise I most likely will wait till it's on DVD/Cable.
GamerAzuzu
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:23 am

Sparkz47 wrote:Probably won't see it. I get that it's a kid's movie, and by extension it's required to have a certain amount of whimsy involved, but the whole "snail on the entry list for the INDY 500" concept just derails it for me. In what twisted world would that be even remotely realistic? Seriously, can you even imagine what kind of thought process the officiators would have to go through in order for him to be accepted?

But I guess that's just the way I am. I have a pretty high standard a movie has to meet before I feel comfortable suspending my disbelief. I still can't watch Herbie: Fully Loaded for this very reason. I believe they state somewhere in that movie that there are no specific rules that prohibit a VW Beetle from entering a NASCAR event, when there are in fact countless rules that would throw it completely out of the question. Never mind that the car's alive.

You care about realism in a movie involving a talking snail?
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:39 pm

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:

I know, it's weird. I have this weird thing where I get all bunched up about logistical implausibilities in movies. Maybe it's just because, besides the talking snails, the rest of the world in Turbo is reasonably realistic.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:27 pm

Sparkz47 wrote:
Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:

I know, it's weird. I have this weird thing where I get all bunched up about logistical implausibilities in movies. Maybe it's just because, besides the talking snails, the rest of the world in Turbo is reasonably realistic.

I can see where you're coming from Spark. Movie are but definition not suppose to reflect realism unless of course they are documentaries. But at the same, that doesn't mean a film can just throw all logic and reason out the window. The level of realism should reflect the genre of that movie.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:14 pm

I'll catch when it hits DVD.

I'm waiting for Rush.

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
Am I the only one who went to see "Turbo"? NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:38 pm

I thought it was stupid from the start especially because it barely has any racing figures to back it up, so I'll continue to not care about it.

You could say Cars was also made for five-year-olds, but at least PIXAR did a hell of a lot better with those movies than DreamWorks did with Turbo. And I'm pretty sure that DreamWorks' primer goal is to shit out over hyped garbage every twice a year, so long story short, screw them and screw this movie.
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down