Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 German Grand Prix - Formula 1 - Nurburgring

+18
FlashRod4
Nascar9fan
conrail1990
navycook75
BWard
Milan655
RetrogradeRenegade
RealRacer4
Wizzie
flyingturns89
crl
f1fan12
Alta
PYLrulz
Chives2112
BBoy
Sparkz47
bigdc48
22 posters

Go down

2013 German Grand Prix - Formula 1 - Nurburgring Empty 2013 German Grand Prix - Formula 1 - Nurburgring

Post by bigdc48 Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:31 pm

Last time at the tricky Nurburgring, Lewis Hamilton won in 2011.

Last week at Silverstone, Nico Rosberg took his Mercedes to victory after Sebastian Vettel's transmission failed with a few laps to go and held off a challenge late from Mark Webber.

Fernando Alonso won this race last year at the Hockenheimring.

We'll find out Sunday on who will come out victorious.
bigdc48
bigdc48
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

2013 German Grand Prix - Formula 1 - Nurburgring Empty Re: 2013 German Grand Prix - Formula 1 - Nurburgring

Post by Sparkz47 Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:40 pm

I want to know when they're going to revert back to Nordschleife.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

2013 German Grand Prix - Formula 1 - Nurburgring Empty Re: 2013 German Grand Prix - Formula 1 - Nurburgring

Post by BBoy Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:44 pm

Drivers are now threatening to boycott the German Grand Prix after the issues with the tires blowing out during last week's British Grand Prix.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/10151649/British-Grand-Prix-2013-Drivers-threaten-to-boycott-German-Grand-Prix-after-dangerous-tyre-explosions.html
BBoy
BBoy
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdc48 Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:24 pm

2005 US Grand Prix incoming.
bigdc48
bigdc48
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:30 pm

If that does happen, it certainly wont help with the Nürburgring's financial situation.
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:38 pm

What happened in Silverstone was the first time we had that kind of major situation happen with the tires, and now the drivers are whining?!?  Even when there was suspect kerbing?!?

Hell, they race in Bahrain, which should be far more killer to a tire, with the high heat and all, and there were nowhere near as many problems.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:22 pm

Kerbs were blowing the tires. All the blowouts happened in the same section of track at Silverstone.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:37 pm

The drivers are just finding a way to stop Pirelli from making there tires out of cardboard and string!
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:15 pm

Alta wrote:Kerbs were blowing the tires. All the blowouts happened in the same section of track at Silverstone.

If the kerbs were the problem, how come there weren't more blowouts in the support classes?

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
2013 German Grand Prix - Formula 1 - Nurburgring NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:24 pm

crl wrote:
Alta wrote:Kerbs were blowing the tires. All the blowouts happened in the same section of track at Silverstone.

If the kerbs were the problem, how come there weren't more blowouts in the support classes?
Cause Pirelli...Now that i think about it...Combo of both.

But F1 needs to man the fuck up. I love the racing that Pirelli's brought and it be a shame if they left.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:18 am

crl wrote:

Was anything done between one of the support races to the kerb, and race day sunday?
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:20 am

PYLrulz wrote:
crl wrote:

Was anything done between one of the support races to the kerb, and race day sunday?
<That
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:22 am

The drivers are not gonna do a damn thing. They're gonna whine and moan for four days, then get in their cars and race, and Pirelli won't have to change a thing.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzie Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:37 am

Alta wrote:
crl wrote:

Cause Pirelli...Now that i think about it...Combo of both.

Don't the GP2 cars also use the exact same Pirelli compounds? Because if my memory is correct, they didn't seem to have any problems with the tyres all weekend.

Then again, GP2 have far bigger and more fundamental problems to worry about. Likes the useless stewards and drivers that don't deserve to be there *cough*Canamasas*cough*. But that's a rant for another day.
Wizzie
Wizzie
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:45 pm

BBoy wrote:Drivers are now threatening to boycott the German Grand Prix after the issues with the tires blowing out during last week's British Grand Prix.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/10151649/British-Grand-Prix-2013-Drivers-threaten-to-boycott-German-Grand-Prix-after-dangerous-tyre-explosions.html

Pussies.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:13 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:
BBoy wrote:Drivers are now threatening to boycott the German Grand Prix after the issues with the tires blowing out during last week's British Grand Prix.

Pussies.

Really? No

Given how utterly useless the FIA, teams, and Pirelli are at coming to a comprimise which doesn't end with 5 tyre failures in the same race, I think they need this sort of incentive to get to work.
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:00 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:

Pussies.

Now it's your turn to have a tyre blow out at 180mph, enjoy..
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:34 pm

Milan655 wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:

Pussies.

Nascar seems to do okay with it, Albeit completely different sport.

From what it sounds like they just brought a really shitty compound one week and the curbs tore them apart, different track...different week...Get back to racing boys.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:00 pm

Alta wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:

Pussies.

From what it sounds like they just brought a really shitty compound one week and the curbs tore them apart, different track...different week...Get back to racing boys.

I find it strange that the people on this forum are always the first ones to shout out about safety, yet when the drivers complain about cars crashing at 180mph due to tire-blowouts in a series with open-cockpit, open-wheeled race cars, they tell said drivers to suck it up.

It's like Derrick Walker said, the best protocol for racing safety is to be proactive rather than reactive (paraphrased). No one got hurt this time, but something went very and dangerously wrong at Silverstone that put the drivers lives at risk, and you're accusing them of whining when they express concern? A piece of rubber hit Alonso in the helmet. What's it going to take to convince you? Another death? We had about five fatalities last month, can you blame them for being cautious? Especially with the FIA's record on this sort of thing, heck I don't even think they've acknowledged the incident.

Long story short: These people make their living by strapping into 900hp monsters and pushing them to their limits all over the globe alongside 23 other people doing the same. They are in no way, shape, or form "pussies". If they're concerned about something, then it seems to be something worth looking into.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdc48 Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:10 pm

Sparkz47 wrote:
Alta wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:

Pussies.

I find it strange that the people on this forum are always the first ones to shout out about safety, yet when the drivers complain about cars crashing at 180mph due to tire-blowouts in a series with open-cockpit, open-wheeled race cars, they tell said drivers to suck it up.

It's like Derrick Walker said, the best protocol for racing safety is to be proactive rather than reactive (paraphrased). No one got hurt this time, but something went very and dangerously wrong at Silverstone that put the drivers lives at risk, and you're accusing them of whining when they express concern? A piece of rubber hit Alonso in the helmet. What's it going to take to convince you? Another death? We had about five fatalities last month, can you blame them for being cautious? Especially with the FIA's record on this sort of thing, heck I don't even think they've acknowledged the incident.

Long story short: These people make their living by strapping into 900hp monsters and pushing them to their limits all over the globe alongside 23 other people doing the same. They are in no way, shape, or form "pussies". If they're concerned about something, then it seems to be something worth looking into.

This
bigdc48
bigdc48
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:16 pm

Let me elaborate on what I said. Maybe I was being a little harsh. At first, it didn't make sense to me because the tires blowing out was a one-time thing for Formula 1 last Sunday. When NASCAR first went to the COT cars full-time, there were quite a few tire issues. As time went on, Goodyear fixed that problem and isn't an issue anymore. I did see what happened to Alonso nearly getting hit by the piece of debris. There's always going to be races where tires will blow out. Long story short, things happen. This is the first time in a while where there were multiple tires blowing up in an F1 race. If these tire blow-outs have happened all year, then I would understand the drivers more on where they're coming from. Other than that, I feel like drivers are overreacting to this issue.

I do apologize for making a comment that wasn't really thought out and rude. I hope the paragraph I wrote above clear things up.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:45 pm

Sparkz47 wrote:
Alta wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:

Pussies.

How does anyone know if this was a one week thing or not? It might have been just Silverstone....If it continues at Nurburgring then yes than there's an issue and then it would makes sense to put that race in doubt. But threatening to screw over another race over one bad race for tires combination at one bad track is sounds stupid to me...This could all be fixed easily.

Personally i'm quite tired of the teams whining about how the Pirelli tires work when it's for once giving F1 ACTUAL RACING which they were brought in for and then we double back on that and complain about tire wear. First big problem since they've come in as far as i've seen.

And about the fatalities....Despite how pathetic the walls were at Le Mans...It was just one bad set of barriers from everything that i've heard about. Other three when you get down to the actual details were freak accidents. Sorry to be brutal with this, but point is....this danger is what they've signed up for.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:48 am

Alta wrote:
Sparkz47 wrote:
Alta wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:

Pussies.

How does anyone know if this was a one week thing or not? It might have been just Silverstone....If it continues at Nurburgring then yes than there's an issue and then it would makes sense to put that race in doubt. But threatening to screw over another race over one bad race for tires combination at one bad track is sounds stupid to me...This could all be fixed easily.

Personally i'm quite tired of the teams whining about how the Pirelli tires work when it's for once giving F1 ACTUAL RACING which they were brought in for and then we double back on that and complain about tire wear. First big problem since they've come in as far as i've seen.

And about the fatalities....Despite how pathetic the walls were at Le Mans...It was just one bad set of barriers from everything that i've heard about. Other three when you get down to the actual details were freak accidents. Sorry to be brutal with this, but point is....this danger is what they've signed up for.

What worries me is that none of the previous F1 races at Silverstone with Pirelli had this issue. Even if it was the kerbs causing the blowouts, the tires themselves must be weaker than they were in the past few years in order to shred like that. It's definitely something to worry about, considering they're heading to one of the most demanding locations in racing next. My point is, it needs to be looked into and taken seriously, because whether or not it was a one-time thing, some serious danger was presented at Silverstone and it warrants attention.

And believe me, I understand that racing is inherently dangerous, and I'm completely and openly opposed to anything that sacrifices development and progress in the name of safety, but organizers should always be looking at ways to improve safety without undermining innovation. The tires degrading like they are seems to just be Pirelli sending out half-assed tires just to produce artificial action, and if that becomes a danger to the drivers (or, God forbit, the spectators), then it needs to be addressed.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:49 am

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
2013 German Grand Prix - Formula 1 - Nurburgring NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:13 am

Electric failure per Alonso this morning

Also, any repeat of these tyre issues will result in all cars pulling out of the Grand Prix on safety basis.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:49 pm

Apparently German tennis legend Boris Becker said that Pirelli is fortunate that they don't make condoms. Laughing
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:16 am

Qualifying is over, Lewis Hamilton claims pole position once again.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:20 am

BWardboy88 wrote:Qualifying is over, Lewis Hamilton claims pole position once again.
Mercedes will suck in 2013 they said.

Hamilton's career is over they said.

who's laughing now?
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzie Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:31 am

BWardboy88 wrote:Qualifying is over, Lewis Hamilton claims pole position once again.

Forget Lewis, Nico's stranded all the way in P11! Shocked 
Wizzie
Wizzie
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:13 am

Che incredibile! The GP2 Feature race finish was insane, 4 cars battling for 3rd place into the final corner!!

2013 German Grand Prix - Formula 1 - Nurburgring 94624110
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdc48 Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:18 am

Unbelievable
bigdc48
bigdc48
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by conrail1990 Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:19 am

Hope the camera man is okay. Looks like the tire bounced and nailed him.
conrail1990
conrail1990
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nascar9fan Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:21 am

WTF was the Red Bull lollipop man doing. If the pit crew says it's not ready, DON'T PULL UP THE F***ING LOLLIPOP. Really hope that cameraman is ok
Nascar9fan
Nascar9fan
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:45 am

Marussia rolled down the track Laughing
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FlashRod4 Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:49 am

Jules Bianchi in "Ghost Ride the Whip"! Laughing
Grosjean is looking pretty fast....1st win?
Williams is looking semi-decent.....Points?
Good pit stops? Not for the #2 driver. at least he's back on the lead lap.
FlashRod4
FlashRod4
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdc48 Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:50 am

vettelwinslol
bigdc48
bigdc48
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:50 am

2013 German Grand Prix - Formula 1 - Nurburgring 1357986942757s
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:52 am

Nice race. Kimi almost got him...Just a bad pit call it what it boiled down to.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:54 am

So, Sparkz, what do you think of that artificial action? Razz

Helluva race, not to mention we went to Weirdzville on a couple of occasions, especially when the Marussia rolled backwards down the track. O NOEZ TEH CAR IZ POSSESSED!!11! Laughing

Congrats to Vettel on finally winning his home GP, although the Lotus cars gave him a run for his money.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:59 am

I don't actually mind Vettel winning on home soil too much. The thing that got me with this race was Lotus and their lousy pit strategy costing Kimi the win.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:48 am

navycook75 wrote:

who's laughing now?

The teams that know how to change from Q to R setups.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:53 am

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:
navycook75 wrote:

who's laughing now?

I wonder if that's what affecting them in the race whenever they qualify at the front?
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:44 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:
Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:
navycook75 wrote:

who's laughing now?

I wonder if that's what affecting them in the race whenever they qualify at the front?

Mercedes form overly aggressive Q set ups which have severely detrimental effects on the tyres. Due to parc ferme regulations you can make few changes to the car post-qualifying. I think the car is also naturally very aggressive on tyres anyway, which is the biggest downfall of the Mercedes. Speed ≠ Success.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Metro 6r4 Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:14 pm

Apparently the camera man struck by the wheel suffered a broken collarbone and ribs, he should consider himself very lucky to have avoided any life threatening injuries.
Metro 6r4
Metro 6r4
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:03 pm

Metro 6r4 wrote:Apparently the camera man struck by the wheel suffered a broken collarbone and ribs, he should consider himself very lucky to have avoided any life threatening injuries.

Especially after the Steward at Montreal!
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:47 am

f1fan12 wrote:
Metro 6r4 wrote:Apparently the camera man struck by the wheel suffered a broken collarbone and ribs, he should consider himself very lucky to have avoided any life threatening injuries.

Especially after the Steward at Montreal!

That Marshall got killed in way different circumstances, but very similar to what happened to the cameraman.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FlashRod4 Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:41 am

Red Bull Racing fined 30,000 euros($38,650) for an unsafe release.
I knew somehow they were gonna screw up Webber's race. At least cameraman is okay.
Pastor Maldonado got screwed out of possible points as the pit crew had to change the gun during the pit stop with about 10 to go.
FlashRod4
FlashRod4
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:44 am

navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdc48 Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:27 pm

Got to say, that's a good thing moving forward. The cameraman was very lucky to get at least a few injuries.
bigdc48
bigdc48
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:22 pm

Will this effect TV pitlane reporters too?
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down