Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Respect I Ever Had For Brian France...

+14
LadyKathy
f1fan12
vbooy57
Mother of Invention
Cynon
Alpineopossum
RACECAR
Metro 6r4
Alta
PYLrulz
Cardinals5
PackerMan71
RealRacer4
Sparkz47
18 posters

Go down

Any Respect I Ever Had For Brian France... Empty Any Respect I Ever Had For Brian France...

Post by Sparkz47 Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:25 pm

...is now completely obliterated.

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/9174688/brad-keselowski-fined-texas-tirade

"The line that we draw is you can't criticize the racing product. You can criticize our decisions, you can criticize everything else, which is more than any other sport might allow. Just don't go talking about our racing product isn't the best in the world, because it is." - Brian France

I've never seen such a mockery of a racing organization in my life. I...I can't... what would you even...why is...

...excuse me, I have to go stick my head in the oven.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Any Respect I Ever Had For Brian France... Empty Re: Any Respect I Ever Had For Brian France...

Post by RealRacer4 Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:34 pm

Good news: NASCAR decided to smarten up for once and NOT fine someone for speaking his/her mind.

Bad news: Brian France stooped to a new low, a low we all thought was unimaginable.

I've been debating on if I want to watch the Kansas race this weekend (except maybe for the truck series), but this is starting to make it easy for me to decide at this point.

Last edited by RealRacer4 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Any Respect I Ever Had For Brian France... Empty Re: Any Respect I Ever Had For Brian France...

Post by PackerMan71 Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:36 pm

I think Bill France, Jr. turned in his grave. No
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:40 pm

PackerMan71 wrote:I think Bill France, Jr. turned in his grave. No

At this point Bill Jr. and Sr. must be going rotisserie-style in their graves.
Cardinals5
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:41 am

Wonder if Denny Hamlin will be asking for his $25,000 back?!?
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:34 am

I can name three better on-track products. Doesn't take a genius to figure them out.

The Trucks are the best of the bunch. But still debatable when regarding best.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Metro 6r4 Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:41 am

"That's the beauty of NASCAR," France said. "We do allow the drivers to express themselves in that way, even if they say things that we would disagree with." So when Hamlin...I don't...what? Only some people are allowed to express themselves then? This is just confusing and massively inconsistent.
Metro 6r4
Metro 6r4
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:22 am

Yeah, to hell with this guy. He pretty has confirmed to me the kind of idiot he actually is.
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

https://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:44 pm

Brian France is a thin skinned gutless man who can't take any criticism. As much as I dislike the France family in general, this is not a family thing. Jim France, who runs Grand Am, doesn't pull this kind of crap. I'm not sure about Bill Framce Jr., but I doubt he was this bad.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:59 pm

You're talking about the same guy that helped Tony George split from CART. Underhanded bullshit is what the Frances specialize in.

NASCAR isn't stupid. I think they realized all the negative publicity they were getting from drivers being fined for speaking out, they even said a few weeks back that they would stop doing it...

-_-

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:18 pm

Alpineopossum wrote:this is not a family thing. Jim France, who runs Grand Am, doesn't pull this kind of crap.
Doesn't JC France fight everyone in Grand-Am?
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:24 pm

you guys (And by that I mean ALL NASCAR fans) would be whining if NASCAR fined Brad........
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:40 pm

Cynon wrote:NASCAR isn't stupid.
Extremely debatable.

Cynon wrote:I think they realized all the negative publicity they were getting from drivers being fined for speaking out, they even said a few weeks back that they would stop doing it...

There's a difference between actually having a fair system and shoehorning one in because of media peer pressure. Plus, this insistence that NASCAR is the be-all end-all, holy grail of racing proves to me that this organization will never advance or improve because France is an egomaniacal idiot experiencing delusions of grandeur on a terminal scale, and will never acknowledge even the most blatant of issues.

Mother of Invention wrote:you guys (And by that I mean ALL NASCAR fans) would be whining if NASCAR fined Brad.......

Probably, since the ideal scenario is that neither Kez nor Hamlin is fined. The drivers are really the only people involved in this whole sham of a league that can actually provide the higher-ups with information on what's wrong with the racing and how to make it better. But no, instead, they're told to shut up about the things that actually matter and are severely punished if they dare say anything that carries the least bit of weight. Kez and Hamlin both being fined would have been bad, but NASCAR has the audacity to fine one driver $25,000 for a simple interview and let another one go without any punishment whatsoever for going on a profanity-filled tirade. It's a sad, sad excuse for management.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by vbooy57 Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:02 pm

^ This man has said some very intelligent things. Heed his words.
vbooy57
vbooy57
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:24 pm

Cynon wrote:

You're talking about the same guy that helped Tony George split from CART. Underhanded bullshit is what the Frances specialize in.

I did not know that. Hmmm...

At any rate, Brian really needs to quit talking out of his ass. Talking about NASCAR being the best racing product in the world? That is very debatable. In my opinion, there are at least three organizations that have produced better racing in the last few years, and two of them use open wheel cars.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:22 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Bernie Eccelstone would do a better job running NASCAR
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:24 pm

f1fan12 wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again... Bernie Eccelstone would do a better job running NASCAR

^ This ^

The guy might be one of the most money hungry, corrupt people on the planet, but at least he tries to make F1 a good series to watch at times. Brian France is just the idiot who doesn't know how to wield power.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:31 pm

f1fan12 wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again... Bernie Eccelstone would do a better job running NASCAR

I hate to say this but I find this to be believable.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:11 pm

Alta wrote:
Alpineopossum wrote:this is not a family thing. Jim France, who runs Grand Am, doesn't pull this kind of crap.

Last I checked, he isn't even in Grand-Am anymore(good riddance).
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

https://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyKathy Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:23 am

RealRacer4 wrote:

I hate to say this but I find this to be believable.

i mean, NASCAR's cookie-cutters are kinda the same as F1's tilkedromes, so, maybe he could

LadyKathy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:36 am

RACECAR wrote:
Alta wrote:

Last I checked, he isn't even in Grand-Am anymore(good riddance).
Well before he left. Razz
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:07 pm

Sparkz47 wrote:There's a difference between actually having a fair system and shoehorning one in because of media peer pressure. Plus, this insistence that NASCAR is the be-all end-all, holy grail of racing proves to me that this organization will never advance or improve because France is an egomaniacal idiot experiencing delusions of grandeur on a terminal scale, and will never acknowledge even the most blatant of issues.
^ This. Forget Eccelstone, it seems that most anyone could run NASCAR better than Brian France!
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdc48 Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:36 pm

I've come to realized that on how much I love racing, I'm probably never, EVER gonna see another NASCAR race ever again. The lack of consistency is a joke...and so is Brian France. And f1fan12 is spot on.
bigdc48
bigdc48
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:20 pm

Brian France is the Bob Taft of racing executives. Got the job because of a family name and screwed it up on a level never before seen. If you don't get the referance ask an Ohioan.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:28 am

He probably wouldn't be 100% successful but he wouldn't be as bad as Brian France has treated the NASCAR Community right now.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:30 am

bigdc48 wrote:I've come to realized that on how much I love racing, I'm probably never, EVER gonna see another NASCAR race ever again. The lack of consistency is a joke...and so is Brian France. And f1fan12 is spot on.

Sorry for the double post but saying something like that to begin your paragraph to me is really shameful. A true Racing fan would never say stuff like that, especially even if Brian France is acting plain retarded.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:15 am

I wonder what Randy Bernard is up to?
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:34 am

BWardboy88 wrote:
bigdc48 wrote:I've come to realized that on how much I love racing, I'm probably never, EVER gonna see another NASCAR race ever again. The lack of consistency is a joke...and so is Brian France. And f1fan12 is spot on.

Sorry for the double post but saying something like that to begin your paragraph to me is really shameful. A true Racing fan would never say stuff like that, especially even if Brian France is acting plain retarded.

Not really shameful. If that's how he feels, then he has every right to not watch a NASCAR race again. Probably an over reaction, but he should feel right to be embarrassed by France's actions.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down