Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UNOH Battle at the Beach

+27
Dan Mackay
Rykia
racingfreak1999
Lucstar88
PKligBKFan
Milan655
flyingturns89
BBoy
Kornography
PackerMan71
Mother of Invention
bigdc48
PYLrulz
Tanrar
Ben Atkins
day500champ1
RyanB06
Sparkz47
Metro 6r4
f1fan12
Chives2112
RealRacer4
Alta
navycook75
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
crl
AntmanB
31 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

UNOH Battle at the Beach - Page 2 Empty Re: UNOH Battle at the Beach

Post by PackerMan71 Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:54 pm

f1fan12 wrote:
PackerMan71 wrote:
f1fan12 wrote:I hope 2013 is the first, and last time they ever race on this abomination of a racetrack...

Rolling Eyes Yeah... don't see your logic there.

Honestly, this race was ten times better than the crapfests we saw Saturday. And yes, Larson pulled a pretty cheap move, but honestly, what else do you expect from short track racing?

I'm fine with Short Track racing, but the track they set up was absolutly garbage. They didn't even bother to put up an infield wall... Speed hyped the race up to be the Superbowl of Short track racing, when the race shouldn't have even covered live...

So according to you, the track was garbage, yet it's produced the best race of the week so far. If that's the case, then maybe NASCAR should set up temporary short tracks at all the superspeedways. Razz And the race shouldn't have been covered live? Did you even watch the whole race? That race kept me on the edge of my seat for ALL 150 LAPS. The Larson incident aside, these guys showed that they were ready to put everything on the line to win, and with the beating and banging that took place, that's what made it exciting.

Ben Atkins wrote:You obviously have a different definition to hair raising than me. That wasn't exciting. Exciting would have been if Larson got side by side with Falk, not wrecking him. So no, NASCAR fans don't complain about an exciting finish. They just have opinions. People just try to find excuses to go after others when they don't agree with them, I guess...

Suspect Seriously? I mean, what does NASCAR have to do to please it's fans? It seems like it's damned if they do and damned if they don't. We saw some great racing tonight, as well as a shocking finish, and everybody's complaining? I mean, really? I know what Larson did was cheap, but if you didn't find that finish exciting, all I can do is shake my head at you. No
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:59 pm

Larson should have been penalized. Remember that Logano got disqualified at Irwindale a couple of years back for doing a similar thing.

Btw, the track itself was good, but the walls were set up like crap. Best race of speed weeks thus far.
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:17 pm

I'll be honest. I couldn't give a rat's helmet what a track looks like. It could be designed by a two year old for all I care, as long as it produces exciting racing.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:55 pm

I take back my earlier statement. The race was hilarious and fun as hell. Finish was crazy.

Fun shit.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:55 am

My problem with Larson spinning out Fak is this. Kyle Larson is extremely talented. There's no doubting that. He's one of the most successful Drive 4 Diversity drivers ever, he's the defending K&N Pro Series East champion. He's come close to victory in almost every Truck Series race he's run. He's got a full schedule ahead of him in Nationwide. Now let's look at CE Falk. Very few starts in any major racing series. Only five Truck Series starts, and maybe a Cup start or two possible for this season for his uncle's team. Still a decent driver who earned a lock in spot for this race.

Larson is going to have many races at Daytona. He's already ARCA, will probably be in the Nationwide race, and there's a good chance he'll a Cup career in his future, which includes the Daytona 500. But Falk, like many others in that race, knew that this race could be their chance to say that they raced at Daytona, and possibly win there too. For Falk, there was a VERY good chance that he could win, until Larson felt it necessary to spin him. Falk may never race at Daytona again. This one of Larson's three or four Daytona races in just this week.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:07 am

Okay. 4 things:

1) It's a temporary oval. Of course the track's not going to be in top notch conditions for a 2-day show.

2) It's a temporary oval, which means there won't be as big as a groove or as much grip as you normally see on a regular oval, hence why soem people say it was a wreckfest.

3) I thought the racing was actually good.

4) I was shocked myself when I saw Kyle Larson took out C.E. Falk for the win. Now, lets keep things in perspective here. This is the first time we've seen Larson pull this kind of move, and he's only 20 years old. I love how everyone's calling him a dirty driver for that one move alone. If he always pulled those kind of moves when moving through the ranks for the last couple of years, he would've been considered a dirty driver a long time ago. I'll just let this slide and see what will happen tomorrow night when he races the modifieds and K&N cars. If he keep this up, my opinion on the guy will most definitely change.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:40 am

I think that the race was a huge failfest. So IMO, it wasn't the greatest race of speedweeks. Maybe when Modifieds get on the track, the race will be better. But the track hasn't impressed me...
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:52 am

PackerMan71 wrote:
Ben Atkins wrote:You obviously have a different definition to hair raising than me. That wasn't exciting. Exciting would have been if Larson got side by side with Falk, not wrecking him. So no, NASCAR fans don't complain about an exciting finish. They just have opinions. People just try to find excuses to go after others when they don't agree with them, I guess...

Suspect Seriously? I mean, what does NASCAR have to do to please it's fans? It seems like it's damned if they do and damned if they don't. We saw some great racing tonight, as well as a shocking finish, and everybody's complaining? I mean, really? I know what Larson did was cheap, but if you didn't find that finish exciting, all I can do is shake my head at you. No
Well sorry for enjoying clean racing. I guess that's frowned upon nowadays. Rolling Eyes

The rest of the last 10-15 laps was exciting. Just Larson's cheap move ruined it for me. The first bump was fine, but the second wasn't necessary, but that's just my opinion. It was a good race, and I didn't say anywhere I didn't enjoy the race, I just didn't like the finish.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Metro 6r4 Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:36 pm

I missed the race due to parents switching off the internet. Is there a race tonight and what (European) time will it start?
Metro 6r4
Metro 6r4
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:34 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:My problem with Larson spinning out Fak is this. Kyle Larson is extremely talented. There's no doubting that. He's one of the most successful Drive 4 Diversity drivers ever, he's the defending K&N Pro Series East champion. He's come close to victory in almost every Truck Series race he's run. He's got a full schedule ahead of him in Nationwide. Now let's look at CE Falk. Very few starts in any major racing series. Only five Truck Series starts, and maybe a Cup start or two possible for this season for his uncle's team. Still a decent driver who earned a lock in spot for this race.

Larson is going to have many races at Daytona. He's already ARCA, will probably be in the Nationwide race, and there's a good chance he'll a Cup career in his future, which includes the Daytona 500. But Falk, like many others in that race, knew that this race could be their chance to say that they raced at Daytona, and possibly win there too. For Falk, there was a VERY good chance that he could win, until Larson felt it necessary to spin him. Falk may never race at Daytona again. This one of Larson's three or four Daytona races in just this week.

Sorry, I just don't like that logic. Someone should, more or less, let someone else win because they got plenty of chances to win at Daytona in their lifetime?!? What if something, god forbid, happens to a driver, and they can't race again?!?

The move could be considered dirty, but at least it was going for the win in the race, not some bump and run and spin 20 laps into a race.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:38 pm

Metro 6r4 wrote:I missed the race due to parents switching off the internet. Is there a race tonight and what (European) time will it start?
Two tonight. Starts at 7:15 EST and i think it's 12:15 British time. Not sure though on Brit time.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:22 pm

Ben Atkins wrote:Well sorry for enjoying clean racing. I guess that's frowned upon nowadays. Rolling Eyes

The rest of the last 10-15 laps was exciting. Just Larson's cheap move ruined it for me. The first bump was fine, but the second wasn't necessary, but that's just my opinion. It was a good race, and I didn't say anywhere I didn't enjoy the race, I just didn't like the finish.

If you didn't like the finish, that's fine, but I just don't agree with you. I thought the finish was a very big WTF moment, and to be honest, we haven't seen very many of those lately.

I just think some of you are overblowing what Larson did just a little bit. Yes, it was a dirty move, but seriously, cool your jets a little bit. Some of you are acting like he committed murder, and to be honest, it's getting a little ridiculous.

Last edited by PackerMan71 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:30 pm

PackerMan71 wrote:

If you didn't like the finish, that's fine, but I just don't agree with you. I thought the finish was a very big WTF moment, and to be honest, we haven't seen very many of those lately.

I agree 100% And remember this is what NASCAR was like in the "good old days"
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:46 pm

Metro 6r4 wrote:I missed the race due to parents switching off the internet. Is there a race tonight and what (European) time will it start?

You can watch the replay here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHFckHyY_XE&list=UUTIMBj8hNZCACgZxmSFwWjA&index=1

Modifieds are tonight at 0:00 GMT
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:47 pm

Ok, figured I'd give my two cents on last nights event and before the mods take to the track.

My thoughts are this when the white flag waves it's game on. Whatever happens at that point happens. That's why if a guy gets turned blocking, hey he did what he had to do. Frankly, the only one has a right to be mad with Larson is Falk and chances are if Falk finds himself in a similar situation later down the road, he won't hesitate to do the same to Larson.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:52 pm

The thing that was wrong with what Larson did is didn't just bump and run. He bumped, bumped, bumped again and then flat out dumped Falk. That is not racing. If you couldn't get it done the first time, the proper way he has to do it in a dirty way.
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:55 pm

Honestly, I don't mind a bit of bumping but not to the point where you spin a driver that has you beaten. First bump by Larson was fine, but he hit him a 2 or 3 more times then completely turns him..Faulk definitely deserved it and had it taken away from him by a ridiculous move..
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:01 pm

Milan655 wrote:Honestly, I don't mind a bit of bumping but not to the point where you spin a driver that has you beaten. First bump by Larson was fine, but he hit him a 2 or 3 more times then completely turns him..Faulk definitely deserved it and had it taken away from him by a ridiculous move..

This.

Oh and f1fan, quit the bitching about the track. Sure the track isn't perfect but it was a temporary track. Your comment about the race not being covered live is just plain stupid. Why? Because the whole reason NASCAR and SPEED put this event on is so drivers like C.E. Falk and all the other talented short track racers can get the TV coverage they rightfully deserve. Showing the race live is the best way to showcase their talent.
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:06 pm

Last edited by AntmanB on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:06 pm

Oh god, that anthem.
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:07 pm

She should never be allowed to sing ever again.
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:13 pm

So.. is it a replay or a real time race (This One)
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:14 pm

Never Mind got it..
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:17 pm

PKligBKFan wrote:She should never be allowed to sing ever again.

It wasn't great, but it wasn't Carl-Lewis-in-New-Jersey bad.

Aaaaand caution already.
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:17 pm

That was quick..
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:30 pm

Well the good thing about all these cautions is we get to hear Mike Joy wax poetic about the Modifieds. He's from up this way (Massachusetts I think) and really knows his stuff when it comes to this level of racing.
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:36 pm

How many yellow predicted then?
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanrar Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:44 pm

That was such BS by the 98. Glad he got a penalty for that.
Tanrar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:47 pm

Milan655 wrote:How many yellow predicted then?

I put the over/under at 20.

Don't look now, but Kyle Larson's up to third.
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:53 pm

PKligBKFan wrote:
Milan655 wrote:Honestly, I don't mind a bit of bumping but not to the point where you spin a driver that has you beaten. First bump by Larson was fine, but he hit him a 2 or 3 more times then completely turns him..Faulk definitely deserved it and had it taken away from him by a ridiculous move..

This.

Oh and f1fan, quit the bitching about the track. Sure the track isn't perfect but it was a temporary track. Your comment about the race not being covered live is just plain stupid. Why? Because the whole reason NASCAR and SPEED put this event on is so drivers like C.E. Falk and all the other talented short track racers can get the TV coverage they rightfully deserve. Showing the race live is the best way to showcase their talent.

I thought of that race more of a demo-derby, and if anything it only made me think less of the drivers out there. I actually talked my dad into watching the race. (Which he normally doesn't watch Oval races) His quote words were, "That race would have been cleaner if they ran a figure 8." The only drivers I was impressed with was, Falk and Larson. (Before he dumped Falk) People were way too aggressive and the track was abysmal. I think Daytona could have done a better job at making the track (Like actual barriers). I'm just trying to prove my point here, so please don't think that I am trying to flame you for this...
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:55 pm

f1fan12 wrote:
PKligBKFan wrote:

This.

I think Daytona could have done a better job at making the track (Like actual barriers). I'm just trying to prove my point here, so please don't think that I am trying to flame you for this...

In Italy, the best oval we have is 250m flat with walls 2m from either side of the asphalt. In the UK, most ovals are based around greyhound circuits. Don't think the oval is that bad in hindsight...
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:00 pm

Wreckfest!
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:31 pm

Shocked

That's something you don't see every day!
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:45 pm

Szegedy's broken! This race just got interesting...
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BBoy Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:51 pm

RyanB06 wrote:Szegedy's broken! This race just got interesting...

Donny Lia threw up in his car. Ragepuke
BBoy
BBoy
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:56 pm

So much WAT.
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanrar Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:59 pm

There isn't a word in the English language to describe how I feel about this race.
Tanrar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:00 pm

Chives2112 wrote:So much WAT.

In other words, a typical Modified race! Laughing

Steve Park wins! Shocked
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:03 pm

STEVE PARK!
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by BBoy Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:03 pm

The modified race = indescribable.
BBoy
BBoy
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:06 pm

Mike Stefanik a very unhappy camper.
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:10 pm

Woody Pitkat, in the #79 car, was driving a PONTIAC. And he finished 12th. That car is at least five years old.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:12 pm

Steve Park! AWW YEAAAHH!!
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:23 pm

Let's see we are 2 for 2 in races where the leader got spun out on the last lap. Is the final race going to make it 3 for 3?
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by racingfreak1999 Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:44 pm

STEVE PARK WINS!!! F*** YES!!!!
racingfreak1999
racingfreak1999
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:44 pm

Holy hell, we have clean racing 45 laps and we have 2 cautions... I'm ok with this...
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:02 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:Woody Pitkat, in the #79 car, was driving a PONTIAC. And he finished 12th. That car is at least five years old.

In Modifieds you could callt he car a Benty and get away with it lol. I have heard tales of a Modified that had Jeep listed as Mfg.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:22 pm

I thought Stefanik's post race interview was very mature for his age...how about you guys? Smile. Overall, the races have been pretty good, despite the lot of cautions.

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:31 pm

Come on, D.J. Kennington! Pretty Colors!
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Kornography Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:42 pm

Kornography
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

http://rateyourmusic.com/~kornography19