Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dash Cup Exhibition Tour - Race 3 (Decatur)

3 posters

Go down

Dash Cup Exhibition Tour - Race 3 (Decatur) Empty Dash Cup Exhibition Tour - Race 3 (Decatur)

Post by Ben Atkins Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:57 am

Matt Tremblay takes the pole position at Decatur with Cassie Collins on his outside. This front row has a combined age of 33. Wow. The snake on the first lap would be surprisingly clean, despite some very fast cars being at the back (Ben Atkins, Jacob Tremblay and Daniel Miller in particular, they all wrecked on their Q laps). The first lap was clean and Matt Tremblay held the lead.

On the second lap, Cassie Collins takes the lead from Tremblay as Collins is quicker, but on the fourth lap, she goes off in the snake and crashes hard! Her car would keep going, as Carla Rosinski slides off too! Oh my. This would give the lead to Rence Brown, and he would have Matt Tremblay and Sean Sanchez in tow. Jack Parker crashed on this lap too, and his damage would be terminal.

After sliding off on the snake one too many times, on lap 7, Pastor Grosjean takes an early exit from the race, not a huge loss, but it knocks the race down to 24 running cars. Now there would be a big break off from Brown, Tremblay and Sanchez as they run away from Ben Atkins who is in 4th. Terry Orvell Jr spins off at the snake and loses four laps for repairs, but would finish the race.

A cycle of pit stops occur on lap 12, and the three leaders come in. As they come in, Sanchez makes a move for the lead on the slip road entering the pits, and he gets into Rence Brown and all three wreck! Sanchez hits the end of the pit wall with his drivers side door, while Brown and Tremblay both suffer from spins. Sanchez would be done after a stupid and overambitious move, and he would be taken to a local hospital for medical examinations, but by the time we roll into Kentucky he should be good to go.

This would leave Ben Atkins the beneficiary. He would move up to second as Rence Brown gets a good pit stop still, but he spins coming out of the pits!!! Rence Brown has just lost this race for himself, and now Ben Atkins is in the lead! Matt Tremblay recovers well from his spin to get up into second, and Jakob Hughes is now in third! This race just became totally interesting as a curveball was just thrown into it!

On lap 14, Ashley Ambercroft spins Andrew O'Reilly, the current points leader into the wall in the esses, and O'Reilly would drop out of the race and register 22nd. However, something finally went right for Ben Atkins this year, as he takes home the Decatur GP! Matt Tremblay grabs 2nd for an Atlantic 1-2, and Kellan Rogers claims a podium spot as well in a fantastic run. Jakob Hughes finishes fourth and Jacob Tremblay finishes 5th. All of the top 5 have some sort of affiliation with Atlantic Motorsports, with the Tremblays, Hughes and Atkins driving for them currently, and Rogers joining them in 2013.

Results
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Dash Cup Exhibition Tour - Race 3 (Decatur) Empty Re: Dash Cup Exhibition Tour - Race 3 (Decatur)

Post by navycook75 Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:55 pm

your namesake driver won.

RIGGED!

I'm kidding Ben. you still suck though
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Dash Cup Exhibition Tour - Race 3 (Decatur) Empty Re: Dash Cup Exhibition Tour - Race 3 (Decatur)

Post by Chives2112 Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:30 pm

O'Reilly DNFs at Decatur

Andrew O'Reilly came crashing down to Earth this week after finishing 22nd in the 3rd American Exhibition Tour race at the Decatur Raceway. O'Reilly was turned into the wall in the infamous esses portion of the track with a little help from Ashley Ambercroft.

"Not really sure if Ambercroft turned me, or if I came up into her, but it really doesn't matter. We lost valuable time, money, and data for our road course program. This is the portion of the schedule that I feel I need to improve on, seeing as I'm still getting used to these bigger cars on these road courses," was all that O'Reilly said after the race.

O'Reilly and the Westockin team will now head south a couple of hundred miles to the Kentucky Speewday for the 4th American Exhibition Tour race.
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down