Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dash Cup Weekly with Todd Benatar!

5 posters

Go down

Dash Cup Weekly with Todd Benatar! Empty Dash Cup Weekly with Todd Benatar!

Post by Ben Atkins Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:03 pm

Welcome to the first episode of Dash Cup Weekly with Todd Benatar!

Todd Benatar: Hello guys, my name is Todd Benatar, and if you don't recognise this voice, then let me introduce myself. I've been doing broadcasts for Dash Cup for CloudSport TV for around 10 years now, and I am also a former champion of the Dash Cup, winning it in 1999. Well, now we're off to a good start... I hope; let's kick this off! So for this episode, I have a special guest with me. He use to race with me in 1999, and you better get use to him as he'll be appearing a lot in the show! Say hello to Dean Thompson! *crowd applause* Okay, and before we introduce the great two time champion, we have to introduce someone who's fresh off her Formula Overdrive win at Las Vegas, it's our special guest for tonight; Natalie Kendall! *crowd applause* So let's start off with Dean... what do you expect to see from the upcoming American exhibition tour, starting off at Daytona in two days?

Dean Thompson: I think we'll have a great race at Daytona. We have guys and girls out there who can do whatever you ask them to as soon as they step into any car. I don't know how Carla Rosinski will perform with her new team, Tom Delgado Racing, but I know the Kwik Fit gang will be a force to be reckoned with, even if they put someone like Rence Brown in the car. I'm excited to see how your niece will do, Todd.

TB: I'm hoping Cassie does well. She got fastest in practice today, so I'm optimistic for her. Natalie, congratulations on your recent marriage to Jacob Eichholtz. What do you think?

Natalie Kendall: I hate to be a shameless self-promoter here, but I think the #60 Eichholtz E231 has been mad fast in practice. I seen Carla and Cassie work together though... they could be quick if they meet up at the end of the race.

TB: How about the rest of the season, what do you expect to see? Any predictions?

DT: I think when Lucy Barnton steps into the car, she will win one of her oval races. I've seen her in ARLA and for someone who's only just come up from minor racing, she's amazingly quick. Look out for Ashley Flynn too. She was a threat for many good finishes last year, and I think she'll get it done at some point in the exhibition.

NK: I expect something from Patrick Arceneau. I was waiting for him to win a race next season, but he never did! I also half expect to see something from the Last Row Autosport camp. They've been really committed to setting up Sean Sanchez's car it appears, but they've not really been focusing on Pastor Grosjean. I think Delgado will score a victory at Daytona though. Boy, that would be iconic.

DT: I don't think Tom can get it done. Carla Rosinski may be able to though. When Verity Logan steps into the car, I think she may do well... who knows. If she performs anything like she did at Monaco this year, then she will be great. I expect a win out of you, Natalie.

NK: Well, Dean, I'll be sure to get one!

TB: Okay guys, we have to go to commercial soon, so let's have another opinion from you guys... What do you think of Toddring being removed from the schedule.

NK: It was an iconic track, but dangerous too. I'm sure Dean can tell you all about that.

DT: I can. Weren't you in that wreck Natalie?

NK: I actually hit you in the door in that wreck.

DT: That's right. If Toddring's oval configuration wasn't taken off the schedule soon, then it would have killed someone. I have no doubts in my mind that someone would have been killed in the next two years there. Kellan Rogers was lucky her wreck wasn't any worse, and that she got out alright, honestly. However, I don't see why the old BTC Road Course configuration can't be used. That track was a blast when I raced BTC in 1997 and 1998. Granted, you always won there Todd. That was when it was called the Carlisle Motorsports something or another, right?

TB: Indeed it was. The Carlisle Motorsport Complex. That is all we have time for on this half of the show. Join me, Dean and Natalie in a few minutes for some of the following topics; Harriet Wallace, future star or just a hack. Where will Ben Atkins end up? And the latest silly season for the fans. We'll also be taking fan calls and opinions. All this and more when you come back.

(OOC: I'll post the "second half" tomorrow. I need to go so no time to do it now! Razz If you wanna send me a fan question, shoot me a PM.)

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Dash Cup Weekly with Todd Benatar! Empty Re: Dash Cup Weekly with Todd Benatar!

Post by Ben Atkins Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:53 am

TB: Welcome back to Dash Cup Weekly! I am Todd Benatar and along side me still is Dean Thompson and Natalie Kendall... so the first of our topics; does Harriet Wallace really have talent? We've had a few fans call it, and it's really been quite one-sided.

DT: Yeah... I don't agree with them though.

TB: Well, they pretty much all said Harriet Wallace was good in 2012, and that she has a lot of potential with her full time effort in 2013. Before we hear why Dean does not agree, let's see what Natalie thinks.

NK: Well, I think she's awesome. I met her at Spa, and she was so nice, and so chatty. Then she went on to finish 2nd in the main race, and if that isn't talent, I don't know what is.

DT: It's the Atlantic equipment. Put anyone in that stuff and they'll be good.

NK: Now, hold on. Jakob Hughes was in Atlantic equipment and he really under-performed, so that makes your argument invalid.

DT: Yeah, but wasn't it like 4 drivers in the top 10 were in Atlantic equipment?

NK: Yes, Wallace, Atkins, Matt Tremblay and Rosinski.

DT: None of them are actually very good.

NK: You're kidding, right? Rosinski and Atkins are drivers who have developed from Dash Cup and found success in other series.

DT: Humour me, what sort of accomplishments does Rosinski and Atkins have?

NK: Atkins has a pair of top 5's in TM Master Cup, Rosinski finished 2nd on her ARLA Debut, Atkins has 4 or 5 top 10s to his name this season in ARLA, they raced together in Indianapolis in TMMC...

DT: Okay, Rosinski is very good... but I bet I could do better than Atkins.

TB: I'm sure you could, now moving on. Where will Ben Atkins end up next season? Dean, let's start with you.

DT: Probably a backmarker RROL team. He's not really good enough for anywhere else...

NK: I say he'll probably make it to TMMC full time. It may not be the best team, but who knows.

TB: I think it'll be limited to an Independent's Trophy ride for him, but that could mean more Dash Cup for him. And now, it is time for fan calls... we never really got many, so lets go to.... Line 9!

Line 9: Oh, hello Todd.

TB: Hey, what's your name?

Line 9: My name is Tony Norman, and I just wanna say that I think that Harriet Wallace is probably going to win the title next season.

DT: Pfft.

Line 9: Well, she'll pick up a win, that's for sure. I don't see what you got again Atlantic. You were positive for Lucy Barnton...

DT: She's a good American stock car driver. She's racing Sonoma, but she won't be of any worth there.

Line 9: Well, okay... I heard rumours of one of the icons of the sport may be moving on.

TB: Oh yeah, who would that be?

Line 9: I've heard rumours that Carla Rosinski may be searching for a bigger ride, and if she gets on she may leave Dash Cup.

TB: Hmm... we didn't realise this... well thank you Tony... and that is all we have time for today, be sure to come back next week, where we will have two new special guests, as Dean will be running a sports car race at Rockingham. Wish him luck! Alright, goodnight from me, Dean and Natalie.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:43 pm

Episode 2

TB: Hello, and thank you for joining us for the second episode of Dash Cup Weekly, with Todd Benatar. As I said last week, Dean won't be here today, he's got other commitments, but we have someone better. But before I introduce them, let me go over our topics. Eurospeedway, and the entry list on there, as well as our all in all American Exhibition Tour predictions. So without further ado, here is Harriet Wallace!

HW: Hello guys, I'm happy to be on here.

TB: For those who don't know, Harriet is only 17, and she nearly won the Spa GP last year! Such a fantastic drive from her. By the time Eurospeedway comes around, you'll be 18 right?

HW: Not quite. February 7th, Todd. Hope there isn't a race that day, I'll be having fun in the pubs! <laughter>

TB: Haha, okay, and our third guest, someone new to the scene, and I must say I'm glad to have her on the show, as she'll be making her first start by the time Daytona comes around, it's another young one, it's Cassandra Collins!

CC: Oh gosh, I've never been on TV before. Hello guys.

TB: We won't usually have three guests on the show, but we feel we need opinions from all sides, it's Ben Atkins!

BA: Glad to be on here, Mr Benatar.

TB: Alright, so looking at the Eurospeedway entry list, one thing that strikes me is the big names. Both the Matthews couple, Joe Olenick, Tom Delgado, Barton Sandy, Afzal Tahmid, and the ever lovable Kuzzie!

CC: I've not really got experience with this, so my first official debut will hopefully happen at Eurospeedway. If not it'll have to wait until Mallory.

HW: Well, I finished 2nd against these guys at Spa. I'm hoping to do the same here, only go one up.

BA: I've raced a lot with Tom, Bart, Tiffany and Kuzzie, so I know how they drive. I'm not happy to see Bart on the entry list, honestly.

TB: Why?

BA: You know, how he wanted me to get in a fight at Calder Park in TMMC?

HW: Wow.

TB: Well... I see a few more interesting things on the list too... what's the ATK Project, hey Ben?

BA: What's that? I couldn't hear you?

TB: The ATK Project

BA: Never heard of it. <he smiles at this point>

TB: Not speaking then... okay. We'll see on race day.

CC: If it makes it.

TB: True that... also, see someone returning, like Michael Dougly?

HW: He's back? Good for him, nice to see he got picked up by another team.

CC: Yeah, that's good.

TB: And now, moving on. American Exhibition, Cassie, who's gonna win it?

CC: I'm going to have to say my teammate, Rence Brown.

TB: Seriously?

CC: Well, I have to go for my team, and I don't wanna pick myself.

TB: Alright, fair enough. Harriet?

HW: I think Jacob Tremblay will bring it to Atlantic. I hate I have to say goodbye to that team.

TB: Ben?

BA: I'm not gonna say who I think will win the drivers championship. The owners championship will go to the 31 though. This car is mad fast. I think Lucy, when she steps into the car, will win one of the ovals. Cassie, I think you can lock up a win, too though.

CC: Really?

BA: You look good for Daytona. Watch for Harriet though. I seen you and Harriet draft in final practice. You two, try and get... wait I'll keep that for secret.

TB: And now it's time for our break. When we come back, the round of Daytona will be over! So Cassie and Harriet need to suit up, we'll see you in a few hours.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:48 am

Episode 3 - 2013 Preview

It's been a long time, but finally Dash Cup Weekly is back! Today, we'll go through all of the teams in 2013, and how we expect them to do... so lets start this!

Tiny's Autosport

Tiny's makes a good move and keeps all of their focus on the 2012 Champion Reuben Vogt. He made a big impact on the series in 2012, and with the #1 car, I think Vogt will be in contention for another championship.

Simonet Sport

Simonet snapped up ex TMMC race winner Jacques Bouvier to give Patrick Arceneau a team-mate for 2013. With this very solid line up, and a team who know what they are doing, both of their cars will be a massive threat for the championship, especially Bouvier, I feel, because of his experience.

Euro-1

Euro-1 underperformed last year, and I can't help but feel that Jeff Fischer may prove it's not the drivers that are the problem. Fischer may be good for a few top 10's, and Ryan Griffin, in his few starts may contend for a win, but I don't see Euro-1 making a huge improvement in 2013.

STS Racing Inc.

STS Racing Inc have a very solid driver lineup, but with the team returning for the first time since 2006, I think they'll get off to a slow start, but will pick up a win here or there at the end of the season, and I feel that Harriet Wallace will be the driver that impresses at that team.

CTR Development

A risky move for the ARLA and ASCC team to make, but I think that their Spa GP experience from last year is a good omen for them. I'd look for Jess Zander to impress on the road courses, and Joe Olenick to impress in his part-time races too.

Westockin Racing Team

The loss of Spiedel from the series may hinder this team a good amount, but I still think O'Reilly will crack the top 10 in points this season, as he shown in many instances last season that he is a very capable driver.

SuzukaCorp.

SuzukaCorp are a good team, and with former champion Daniel Miller coming to the team, this could be a combination to look out for in the top 5 in points. However, Miller is known to be horribly inconsistent, so this could be a major downfall for him.

Snowdrift Motorsports

Snowdrift are also a very good team, and with Elizabeth Francisco making her return to the series, I think she will finally get that first career win. Justin Keith will continue to impress, and may be a dark horse to take out the championship.

All For One Racing

Three new faces are coming onto the scene in Dash Cup, and I think they are showing they could be a good threat for a win or two in 2013. Watch out for these guys.

Abbey Engineering

With Abbey Engineering bringing the Huntley to the sport, and with them focusing on so many series other than Dash Cup, I don't expect much out of Abbey Engineering. I'd be more than happy if Zoe Carter proved me wrong though.

Spannerhead Racing

Phil Nelson has not proved himself in any major motorsports leagues, and Spannerhead Racing are like Abbey Engineering since they are focusing on so many series, that I, again, do not expect much out of this team.

Interstellar Motorsports

It's not a question, for me, if Willard Stanton can get his first win in Dash Cup, it's where he will get it that remains a mystery. Stanton is an exceptional driver, and Interstellar Motorsports are a fantastic team, so I am excited to see what 2013 brings Stanton.

TH Racing

A former Master Cup team with two former Master Cup drivers. I think this team will be right up there from the word "go."

Orvel Branch Autosport

Orvell is a good driver, and his bossly skills should guide him to a few wins this season. The team, however, after going through a merge with ex-TM Lights driver Joe Branch, I think, will come back bigger and better than ever.

Kovalenko Autosport

While this team has some good road course experience, I still think they will find it hard to keep up. Kovalenko, from what I have seen, is a good driver though, so we could be surprised.

Team Kwik Fit

The #02 car will be more impressive than the #20 car in my opinion, as Jack Parker did not really show much in 2012, but I think Collins, Bruce and Treediee will all find victory lane this year, as they easily have one of the best cars in the field.

Ecurie Nationale Belge

I don't see much for this team, as they emerge new. Maybe a few top 15s here and there, but other than that, nothing.

Eichholtz Atlantic Racing

EAR are proving to be one of the powerhouses of the sport, however I feel their driver line up is less than impressive this year. Arjanien and Patrick Eichholtz are the only ones, to me, that will score good results week in week out, and I think both will strive for a top 5 in points. Rogers will do good as well, but not to the level that Arjanien and Eichholtz will be at, while I feel Jakob Hughes will prove why he was a bad signing.

Spectre Racing

After breaking off from Atlantic, I can see the two Tremblay drivers doing very well in 2013, as well as Anto Markov. I see good things for this team.

Tom Delgado Racing

I don't see Tom Delgado Racing really doing well, as Rosinski is starting to fade a little, and Harold Smith being as unlucky as he is. The team is capable, but I am questioning the drivers here.

Altoros GP

It confuses me why this team proceeded to rush Radomir Stanoytchev off to ARLA so quickly, as I think Altoros would have had a much better chance at the title they deserve this year, but I think Prochazka will pick up where Stanoytchev left off, and may be a dark horse for the title.

D&S Automotive, Ltd.

Just like many rookie teams, I don't see much for D&S. Who knows, though?

Kurosawa Motor Sport

Akira Tsukari is the only ARLA Champion to ever race in Dash Cup, and I'm surprised her team is holding her part-time again, as Tuskari is a fantastic driver who should pick up a good amount of wins this year. Despite her limited schedule, I think Tsukari could pick up a top 20 in points.

Colony-Lyfe Autosport Engineering

It should not be worth mentioning this team, since they have proved nothing apart from their lack of pace.

Last Row Autosport

Sanchez shown his capability in the American Exhibition Tour, however Grosjean is not a wise choice to keep on. I don't see a lot for Last Row this year.

Arrow Dynamics

Keeping Jankovic part-time may have been the stupidest decision in the silly season for any team, as he is a good driver, and nearly won at Motegi before his Kwik Fit machine broke down. Arrow Dynamics should not disappoint, however.

S-Tech Autosport

S-Tech should push Nanaya to his first career win at some point this season, as Nanaya shown in 2012, as he emerged as an early championship contender, that he is a good driver.

Dragonrider Motorsports

With their links to Gravity Racing, Inc, I think Draachreider will be in very capable hand, as will his car. I can see a few wins coming towards the German in 2013.

Big Mac Racing

They did well in ARLA last year, and they're momentum may come over to Dash Cup. With all of Meghan Gallagher's bad luck in the past, I hope she does well in 2013.

Autosport Trépanier

This team have changed their label more laps last season, but with Ashley Flynn going full time, this should be an exciting, and excellent season for Autosport Trépanier.

RUS Autosport

Exactly the same as Altoros, this team will be good this season, even though they're using a... well.... Frankencar...

The ATK Project

If I'm blunt, I don't think Atkins has enough experience to make the Eichholtz E231's any better. However, if the car is somehow fast, I think Percy will do decent in this car.

Ike Durbin, Inc.

McMillan proved in the Exhibition Tour that he is a decent driver, and I think that momentum for the tour will carry over into 2013, and that Ike Durbin, Inc may find their first win in the 2013 season.

Scuderia Pazzano

With this team basically being another entity of Eichholtz Atlantic Racing, and with the solid driver line-up they have, I don't see how this team could possibly go winless this season, even though it is the 90 car that is more likely to win, honestly. I think the 90 car could win the owners championship, as well.

J. Carr Tax Services Team Europa

With Ingle getting shafted for the lesser talented Dubois, I don't know, honestly, if this team will go anywhere in 2013. I can see Ingle doing well at Italy, if the team decide to enter him there.

Terra International Motorsports

2012 Spa GP winner Ashley Ambercroft will continue to prove why Lycoia is so overused in every series as the manufacturer proves it's solidness. Ambercroft may well be the first person to win the event twice in a row since Natalie Kendall, and I think Timmy will be a team to look out for in the championship hunt.

Brinson Engineering

I think it's quite obvious, in my mind, that Trey Ashby is going to win Motegi if he enters that race with how good he is at 1.5 mile speedways, so Brinson Engineering may have something to smile about in 2013.

Tuffinmaco Racing, Inc.

Johnson is a good driver, and should pick up a win at some point in 2013, although I expect it to arrive in 2013.

Eurosport

With Rantanen missing both Spa in 2012 and Eurospeedway this year, I don't think Rantanen or Eurosport will find success this year.

JINX Racing

JINX Racing owner Joel Rodriguez may have too much on his timetable this year, however I think this team may do well this year.

Empire Racing

This team will do okay, I think, as Noelia Castillo, the partner of the aforementioned Rodriguez, will have links with JINX Racing.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:41 pm

Ben Atkins wrote:Episode 3 - 2013 Preview

It's been a long time, but finally Dash Cup Weekly is back! Today, we'll go through all of the teams in 2013, and how we expect them to do... so lets start this!

Spannerhead Racing

Phil Nelson has not proved himself in any major motorsports leagues, and Spannerhead Racing are like Abbey Engineering since they are focusing on so many series, that I, again, do not expect much out of this team.
Sounds about right.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:03 pm

With Ingle getting shafted for the lesser talented Dubois, I don't know, honestly, if this team will go anywhere in 2013. I can see Ingle doing well at Italy, if the team decide to enter him there.

Todd Benetar Logic: Driver who fukes a top 5 is better then a driver who runs consistent top-15. Um...

(i kid Ben)
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:04 pm

He did what to a Top 5 ?! Shocked
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:22 pm

I think that's supposed to be "flukes". Laughing
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:28 pm

RyanB06 wrote:I think that's supposed to be "flukes". Laughing
I know Razz
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Mother of Invention wrote:

Todd Benetar Logic: Driver who fukes a top 5 is better then a driver who runs consistent top-15. Um...

(i kid Ben)

Bare in mind, how biased Benatar was in the ASCC race Razz

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:13 am

Episode 4 - Interview with Ben Atkins about his career so far

TB: Hello, and welcome to Dash Cup Weekly with Todd Benatar! Today, we have Ben Atkins on the show for a big interview with him, but before we do that, we have to go over the Eurospeedway GP that has just passed. We seen Jack Parker take his first career victory over rookie Tanya Carter. Ben, first question, what do you think of some of the new drivers?

BA: Hi, Todd, great to be on here. When I qualified 4th, I was confident, but when I realised I got beat out by a 16 year old girl and another debutante driver, I just thought to myself "damn, these new drivers are quick!" Sure enough they were. I mean I got in a few incidents, but even with a messed up car Hannah was beating me until her car expired!

TB: Yeah, you drove a good race though. Did you learn anything about the Master Cup drivers you'll be alongside this year?

BA: Well, Kuzzie didn't get much of a chance, but I learned that Packer Carroll is quick, but I already knew that. I didn't learn too much about them, but I should do during Homestead testing.

TB: Let's start at the beginning. You came into Dash Cup in 2007, you were quick and won the Spa GP that year. Go through them years for us.

BA: I came in quite timid and shy, but when I raced at Eurospeedway, it all went away. I had the legend himself Jean-Pierre Beaufort working with me at Eurospeedway and he pushed me to the front before going on to win the race himself with me in tow. Then I went from step to step and started winning races. I won at Norisring at first, and that really took me by surprise. I didn't think I would be that quick. I think even though I won 4 races, including the double points Spa GP, Beaufort won 7 so he got me there. I think Harold beat me as well because he was consistent, unlike me.

TB: In 2008 you tried some ARLA racing, missed two Dash Cup races and won the title. It was like you have no competition.

BA: Oh, I did. It was a miracle Harold didn't win another race, but with Beaufort retiring that year, it did get a little easier. Natalie Kendall was also on top of her game that year, and she won one of the races I missed I think. But it was the best feeling ever.

TB: 2009 and 2010 introduced something new to you. You had fierce competition, and even missed out on winning in 2009.

BA: Those were the years Carla Rosinski took the series by storm. She was unstoppable, then in 2010 it was Daniel Miller, so they took all of the limelight. I still had good runs, but I couldn't do much. They were too good, and I couldn't compete. I still think Carla would have notched the 2010 title as well if it wasn't for the Neva Ring crash. She was still in top form.

TB: In 2011 you made the move to America. Was this influenced by Dash Cup not having a 2011 season?

BA: Not really. I told the guys at Atlantic that I was going to try and find my place in ARLA again, and I made 3 starts for Redstone Racing. We had some good runs, but I think my engine went sour on one of them. I developed a friendship with Jacob Eichholtz that year too, who was on top of his game in 2011. He was winning left and right and I was like "Hey, dude, how do you drive like, that quick?" He then entered me for Decatur which is when...

TB: Your Master Cup career really started.

BA: Finishing 5th in that race was unreal. It took me ages in my mind that at the top level of motorsports in my debut that only 4 people beat me. I'd outrun some of the top drivers in one of the most prestigious races in Master Cup. Even qualifying was an honour.

TB: In 2012, you had sour luck in ARLA, but you made 5 more starts in Master Cup in an Independent's Trophy bid. At one point you even looked to be in the catbird seat.

BA: I really was confident after Quebec. That top 5 really helped me as a driver. Making Indianapolis was good for me as well. I love that place, and despite wrecking, being in that race was an honour, and having two cars in the race was awesome too. However, when we hit Australia, our ARLA luck kicked in.

TB: Talk about ARLA from that year.

BA: I don't really want to, but okay. I had a lot of run ins with people. Jim Hayes, David Krikorian and Ashley Tucker are the ones I remember. I don't understand why Hayes is in a top-notch ride when all he does is wreck, but the other two at least earned their places in the top teams. Even though I had run ins with them, I like them as drivers and people. As for the season, we had a bad season, even though we took out a fair few top 10's. Still, it wasn't the ideal season.

TB: Now you take on your biggest challenge yet with Tutino. Are you excited?

BA: You bet I am! I just remember my agent calling me and him saying to me "Tutino want to put pen to paper and sign you." I was excited like a little girl, haha. I mean, I'm overusing this phrase, but it's an honour to be on the grid for 2013. I really realise how lucky I am.

TB: Eurospeedway was great. You wrecked your girlfriend, but not how you wanted to.

BA: Was that a euphemism?!?

TB: Maybe...

BA: Oh wow, Todd. That part of the race was disappointing, on a serious note. I knew I got into someone, but when my spotter, Paul [Lawson] told me it was Hannah, I literally just said... well, I can't say it on TV.

TB: What do you expect for 2013.

BA: I'd love to crack the top 10 in a race with Tutino. These guys are capable of it, and I know they are, and I'll try my best to do it. It'll probably be Alessandro [Rossini] that does though.

TB: That's Ben Atkins folks. On the next park, we'll get ready for Norisring with a top 10 countdown on drivers to look for. Join us after the commercials.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:57 pm

TB: Welcome back to Dash Cup weekly. Before we do the top 10, we got another interview, with Matt Tremblay! Welcome to the show, it's good to have you. We understand you missed Eurospeedway because of a late race incident with no yellow. How did that feel?

MT: It was greatly disappointing to me because I feel I had the car to win the race.

TB: You seen your dad come from a lap down to a top 10. Did you have the same setup as him because he was fast

MT: All of the Sceptre cars had the same base setup, however everyone tweaked them in different ways.

TB: I see. You started your professional career in Dash Cup last year when Atlantic gave you a chance. Is it safe to say a top 10 in your first ever Spa GP is your best achievement so far?

MT: Oh, absolutely. I had that race dedicated to my older brother, Ben. I drove my ass off to get that car towards the front.

TB: You also stood on the podium at Osaka alongside an ARLA frontrunner, Leslie Riggs, last year. Many of your fellow drivers thought you would win before the end of the year. Is 2013 the year?

MT:I'm not exactly anticipating a championship, but 2013 will be a great year for everybody at Sceptre.

TB: On a more... personal note, rumour has it you're seeing someone in the garage. Is that true?

MT: I'd prefer not to answer that question, thank you very much.

TB: We'll have to have everyone on the show then to get the answer then, haha. Back on a racing note, are there any drivers you really see as a title contender that's not on your team?

MT: I wouldn't count out any of the Atlantic drivers, no doubt. I'm also not counting out those with TM Master Cup experience say Dorian and Bouvier. Vogt will also be a definite threat for the repeat. This year is truly anybody's championship, honestly

TB: Any races you really think are winning chances?

MT: Norisring for sure. I'm determined to win that race and make it known that I'm here to win championships.

TB: Last question, another personal one. What do you like to do other than racing?

MT: I'd say I actually need to find myself a girlfriend. All of the guys have girlfriends by 18 don't they? Maybe someone like Harriet or Tanya, they're rather beautiful if I say so myself.

TB: Holy cr... you have balls to say that on national TV

MT: ...I guess

TB: Well, we'll see. I hope it works out. Have a good night, Matt.

MT: Have a great evening.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:44 pm

Welcome back to Dash Cup Weekly! We will go through the top 10 picks for Norisring. I'll pick 5 drivers I really solidly think can win, and 5 drivers I reckon could be dark horses. So without further ado, I'll start with Mr Confident from the last interview, Matt Tremblay. Matt missed Eurospeedway due to a crash at the end of his heat but I think he'll rebound well. Also, I just read my twitter feed over the break, and I seen both replies from Tanya Carter and Harriet Wallace. While Tanya seemed more shocked than anything, Harriet actually asked him out! Looks like Matt has actually pulled. Anyway, onto the second pick, I think Jacques Bouvier could be one to look out for. His Master Cup experience will pay off at some point and I think it'll be sooner rather than later, and his teammate Patrick Arceneau will be another favourite. Jakob Hughes has yet to prove himself in the EAR stable, and this week could be the week, and speaking of proving himself, Patrick Eichholtz has to recover from a poor run at Eurospeedway, and Norisring may be the place to do it.

As for the dark horses, another Atlantic driver will kick this list off, as Kellan Rogers is always a good driver to pick as a dark horse. After a hefty rollover accident at Eurospeedway in the qualifiers, Rogers will be looking for a better run this week. Looking at drivers who have won before, Andrew O'Reilly may be one to look out for, as well as Jess Zander, who has actually been decent in the practice sessions for this race. A real longshot for the race would be Alexandre D'Artagnan in the All For One team, and Thomas Dietrich could impress in front of the home crowd.

That's it for this week, and we'll see you after Norisring! Good night everyone!

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:44 pm

Well, we've not had the TV time we'd like since the start of the season, but before the Rockingham GP, we have time to go over the crazy season we've had so far. From photo finishes to Mallory Park and clean race at the Toddring and rampages at the Russian Grand Prix, this season has been stellar so far, and we should be on course to a fantastic race at Rockingham! Today, I have a very charming person in the studio as well as an up and coming driver! This driver has yet to win a race, but her stellar runs with the Pazzano team haven't gone unnoticed, with her name being linked to contracts with Team Kwik Fit and STS Racing, Inc, it's Hannah Percy!

HP: Hello Todd, and thanks for having me.

TB: No problem. So this season, you're sat 4th in points with 5 out of 6 top 10's and 1 top 5. Are you doing better than expected?

HP: Certainly. I never expected to pick up the feel of the cars so quick, but I've had Ben help me all season, especially when his TMMC commitments brought him to Europe, so it's been good.

TB: You're well in the hunt for the title at the moment, with two of the Spectre Racing cars and STS driver Harriet Wallace. At the moment who do you think is gonna be your biggest threat for the title?

HP: Jennifer Goodwin has been amazing in the few races she's been in, so I think she could gain a lot of points in the upcoming races. Tanya Carter's been having bad luck the last few races as well, so she may rebound very well, and I think if she makes a comeback like she did in 2012, we can't count out Carla Rosinski yet, either.

TB: You and Ben have been in a lot of on-track battles this season, and every time you've come out on top, do you poke fun at him a lot for that?

HP: No, I don't. You need to remember, he's basically making his cars from scratch with very little help from the Eichholtz manufacturing group so he hasn't got great equipment, while I'm pretty much in an Eichholtz Atlantic Racing car, so he's been struggling.

TB: How about his recent luck on the Master Cup side? How has he been dealing with that?

HP: He's been really happy, actually. With him getting some good points finishing, his morale is really high, and it's really good for our relationship. He's had a few crashes, but he keeps his head up and doesn't ever stop trying. 

TB: Have you two talked about family life, if you don't mind me asking?

HP: We've talked about the aspect of marriage being there, but I don't know if we're ready yet. A lot of the drivers seem to rush their way into marriage and it seems to ruin their relationship on the long run. Besides, we're really happy as we are now, so why not keep it this way?

TB: But doesn't him being in America while you're in Europe strain the relationship?

HP: No, not at all. We're always on the phone or doing video calls every night, so we contact each other all the time. We're not away from each other for too long so we can deal with it.

TB: You've been worried about Ben making a Formula Overdrive start at Rockingham, I understand.

HP: Kind of. That series hasn't been the same in my eyes ever since the disastrous race at Texas, but he has a lot of common sense. I'm sure he'll be fine. 

TB: Yeah, I'm sure he will be. How far away do you think a Dash Cup win is for you?

HP: It depends. I could go into the slump or I could keep up this awesome form. With the form I'm on, right now, though, I have a good feeling it's not far off.

TB: How do you think Karjala will go?

HP: Again, it depends. The car has been fast but I didn't catch a break in the time trials. I just hope I can race my way in, because it would me a lot for Ben, since he's put so much into making the car competitive, and he's done a fantastic job in doing so. 

TB: Okay, I wish you the best of luck at Rockingham, and have a great race!

HP: Thank you Todd!

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down