Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The first domino will fall today; Hamilton to Mercedes

+12
Sparkz47
RetrogradeRenegade
RealRacer4
Metro 6r4
PYLrulz
pennst24
Alpineopossum
Dan Mackay
Milan655
BWard
Alta
crl
16 posters

Go down

The first domino will fall today; Hamilton to Mercedes Empty The first domino will fall today; Hamilton to Mercedes

Post by crl Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:14 am

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
The first domino will fall today; Hamilton to Mercedes NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

The first domino will fall today; Hamilton to Mercedes Empty Re: The first domino will fall today; Hamilton to Mercedes

Post by Alta Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:32 am

The first domino will fall today; Hamilton to Mercedes 2041-it-begins
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

The first domino will fall today; Hamilton to Mercedes Empty Re: The first domino will fall today; Hamilton to Mercedes

Post by crl Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:40 am

I just realized I also could've titled this thread, "EDDIE JORDAN STRIKES AGAIN!". Damn, why didn't I think of that?

The first domino will fall today; Hamilton to Mercedes NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:45 am

this may be the beginning of the end of triumph for Hamilton.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:46 am

That makes him the second highest paid driver in Formula One after Alonso. He's only in it for the money which is, quite frankly, an idiotic move. Makes life easier for Ferrari however, so I won't complain..
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:48 am

Milan655 wrote:That makes him the second highest paid driver in Formula One after Alonso. He's only in it for the money which is, quite frankly, an idiotic move. Makes life easier for Ferrari however, so I won't complain..

his move just means he won't be fighting for titles next year.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:54 am

BBC'S ANDREW BENSON SAYS SERGIO PEREZ IS HEADED FOR MCLAREN! The first domino will fall today; Hamilton to Mercedes 215644238 The first domino will fall today; Hamilton to Mercedes 215644238 The first domino will fall today; Hamilton to Mercedes 215644238 The first domino will fall today; Hamilton to Mercedes 215644238

crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:05 am

crl wrote:BBC'S ANDREW BENSON SAYS SERGIO PEREZ IS HEADED FOR MCLAREN! The first domino will fall today; Hamilton to Mercedes 215644238 The first domino will fall today; Hamilton to Mercedes 215644238 The first domino will fall today; Hamilton to Mercedes 215644238 The first domino will fall today; Hamilton to Mercedes 215644238
PARTY ROCKIN AT MCLAREN TONITE!

Last edited by Alta on Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Mackay Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:46 am

nice hotlink bro

Dan Mackay
Dan Mackay
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

http://danmackay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:58 am

Perez confirmed at McLaren.

Alonso has just pissed his pants.

As for Lewis, well, if this turns out to be a bad move, then this becomes the theme song to what would've been an amazing career:

crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:55 am

Hamilton: Career suicide
Péréz: career windfall
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:08 am

I'm happy McLaren got Perez over Ferrari, considering the Scuderia were too noncommital on firing Massa and hiring Perez. I still think they'll sack Massa, but I believe the seat will come down to between Hulkenburg and di Resta.
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:04 pm

crl wrote:BBC'S ANDREW BENSON SAYS SERGIO PEREZ IS HEADED FOR MCLAREN! The first domino will fall today; Hamilton to Mercedes 215644238 The first domino will fall today; Hamilton to Mercedes 215644238 The first domino will fall today; Hamilton to Mercedes 215644238 The first domino will fall today; Hamilton to Mercedes 215644238

PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:14 pm

Perez contract has been effectively torn up with Ferrari Sad
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:17 pm

Milan655 wrote:Perez contract has been effectively torn up with Ferrari Sad

does this mean Massa will stay with Ferrari next year? I presume it does.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:52 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:
Milan655 wrote:Perez contract has been effectively torn up with Ferrari Sad

does this mean Massa will stay with Ferrari next year? I presume it does.

No, Massa is already on his way out. Kubica has recently ran in a rally, so he may be ready to race by next season. If not, either one of the Force India are available, and Davide Valsecchi would be as well.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Metro 6r4 Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:59 pm

And the stupidest move of 2012 goes to......HAMILTON!
But Kubica to Mclaren? PLEASE!
Metro 6r4
Metro 6r4
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:04 pm

Metro 6r4 wrote:But Kubica to Mclaren? PLEASE!

There isn't a seat available at Mclaren. In any case, Kubica is definitely someone I would pick as a favourite to replace Massa. Ferrari have been trying for a very long time to hire Kubica, and now he is on his way back to motorsport.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Metro 6r4 Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:13 pm

Milan655 wrote:
Metro 6r4 wrote:But Kubica to Mclaren? PLEASE!

There isn't a seat available at Mclaren. In any case, Kubica is definitely someone I would pick as a favourite to replace Massa. Ferrari have been trying for a very long time to hire Kubica, and now he is on his way back to motorsport.

Yea, I meant to say Ferrari but my brain doesn't work to well! Razz
Metro 6r4
Metro 6r4
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:53 pm

After speaking with some people at Scuderia Ferrari, Kubica will definitely not be healthy enough to race next season, which means F1 may be waiting until 2014 for Kubica to return. I've also been told Di Resta is the higher on the shortlist.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Metro 6r4 Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:56 pm

Milan655 wrote:After speaking with some people at Scuderia Ferrari, Kubica will definitely not be healthy enough to race next season, which means F1 may be waiting until 2014 for Kubica to return. I've also been told Di Resta is the higher on the shortlist.

Goddamit. Di Resta would be pretty cool though.
Metro 6r4
Metro 6r4
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:09 pm

MFW:

Hamilton making the move to Mercedes:
The first domino will fall today; Hamilton to Mercedes V6XPc

Perez joining McLaren:
The first domino will fall today; Hamilton to Mercedes Backpain-1292835351

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:22 pm

Massa's staying at Ferrari. If Ferrari didn't think Perez was experienced enough, they sure as hell won't think di Resta is. I'm thinking Kubica will get the Pirelli test seat for 2013 though - Pirelli mentioned that they wanted him for the position, which'll be perfect for gauging whether he can come back to F1. If he does well enough, Ferrari might sign him up for 2014...

Really looking forward to 2013 now, though; Button/Perez at McLaren is gonna be awesoooommmmmee Very Happy
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:06 pm

Godspeed, Lewis. I hope you enjoy the hole you just dug yourself into, you'll probably be staying there for a while.

I'm pretty happy about Perez staying away from Ferrari, we all know Alonso would have been the favorite for over there. Perez would have most likely been treated like excess baggage, and that's a label he absolutely does not deserve.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:10 pm

Sparkz47 wrote:Godspeed, Lewis. I hope you enjoy the hole you just dug yourself into, you'll probably be staying there for a while.

The only way he can bring success is that if Mercedes have some some of great power in the Silver Arrows, then maybe Hamilton could challenge for titles.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:52 pm

Perez to McLaren...

Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:56 pm

RetrogradeRenegade wrote:Massa's staying at Ferrari. If Ferrari didn't think Perez was experienced enough, they sure as hell won't think di Resta is.

I spoke to some people from Ferrari, and the situation is that Massa will stay with Ferrari for 2013, however they will replace him in 2014 with Perez. Perez will not be at Mclaren for more than 1 year; the man who put Perez into the sport is Carlos Slim, owner of a rival telecommunications company of Vodafone, Mclarens title sponsor, therefore he cannot last at Mclaren.

Kubica cannot drive again in Formula One is what I've been told, apparently he struggles with movement within his fingers, and this is not good-the steering wheel has so many buttons and paddles, the wheel would have to be heavily modified to allow Kubica to drive.

Mclaren cannot afford the wages that Hamilton demanded. This is due to the partnership between Mclaren and Mercedes ending, therefore Mclaren must buy the engines from Mercedes rather than receive them for free. It's expensive, which is why they wanted to keep Hamilton salary at < 20,000,000 Euros.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:59 pm

Milan655 wrote:
RetrogradeRenegade wrote:Massa's staying at Ferrari. If Ferrari didn't think Perez was experienced enough, they sure as hell won't think di Resta is.

I spoke to some people from Ferrari, and the situation is that Massa will stay with Ferrari for 2013, however they will replace him in 2014 with Perez. Perez will not be at Mclaren for more than 1 year; the man who put Perez into the sport is Carlos Slim, owner of a rival telecommunications company of Vodafone, Mclarens title sponsor, therefore he cannot last at Mclaren.

But if Vodafone leaves the title sponsor as has been claimed, what will happen then?
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Metro 6r4 Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:01 pm

Milan655 wrote:

Kubica cannot drive again in Formula One is what I've been told, apparently he struggles with movement within his fingers, and this is not good-the steering wheel has so many buttons and paddles, the wheel would have to be heavily modified to allow Kubica to drive.

Mclaren cannot afford the wages that Hamilton demanded. This is due to the partnership between Mclaren and Mercedes ending, therefore Mclaren must buy the engines from Mercedes rather than receive them for free. It's expensive, which is why they wanted to keep Hamilton salary at < 20,000,000 Euros.

They got Zanardi a man who has no legs to drive, so there is hope
Metro 6r4
Metro 6r4
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:04 pm

pennst24 wrote:
Milan655 wrote:

But if Vodafone leaves the title sponsor as has been claimed, what will happen then?

I don't know. Perez, from what I've heard, was a last minute deal with Mclaren to boost experience. This source was my uncle who knows Stefano very well, so I would hope the information is valid scratch

@Metro, Zanardi was an incredible man, but he drove in the WTCC, where there are much fewer switches and those which are much less used therefore the use of hand accelerator and brake were much easier to implement. Albeit he did drive the 2006 BMW Sauber and a CART after his accident, however these were not done against competition, and he easier full use of his hands.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Metro 6r4 Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:11 pm

Milan655 wrote:
pennst24 wrote:
Milan655 wrote:

I don't know. Perez, from what I've heard, was a last minute deal with Mclaren to boost experience. This source was my uncle who knows Stefano very well, so I would hope the information is valid scratch

@Metro, Zanardi was an incredible man, but he drove in the WTCC, where there are much fewer switches and those which are much less used therefore the use of hand accelerator and brake were much easier to implement. Albeit he did drive the 2006 BMW Sauber and a CART after his accident, however these were not done against competition, and he easier full use of his hands.

Shame, at least he still competes.(It would be awesome to see him in the BTCC but it wont happen)
Metro 6r4
Metro 6r4
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:19 pm

Milan655 wrote:I spoke to some people from Ferrari, and the situation is that Massa will stay with Ferrari for 2013, however they will replace him in 2014 with Perez. Perez will not be at Mclaren for more than 1 year; the man who put Perez into the sport is Carlos Slim, owner of a rival telecommunications company of Vodafone, Mclarens title sponsor, therefore he cannot last at Mclaren.

That makes absolutely no sense for McLaren to do that. Why would they sign Perez with an eye to giving him experience in 2013, and then just let Ferrari have him in 2014? No way they'd agree to that, it's like stealing blueprints for something a rival company makes, improving them, and then giving the improved blueprints back to said rival company. Especially considering I think a Button/Perez lineup would be extremely solid, given their latent speed and similarly smooth driving styles.
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:13 pm

Hasn't Hamilton's career been already over like, the last few years? Acting like a spoiled bitch, Gets in a relationship with a spoiled bitch and gets run over by a bitch several times (deservingly so). Could care less so I hardly see this as "OMG, WAAT???!!!" news. As far as I'm concerned, he's dead to me. All the bad luck he'll get won't be a surprised, it'll be everything his ungrateful ass gets.
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

https://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:55 am

Milan655 wrote:

Well, at least Felipe will be handsomely paid to suffer in the final year of his F1 career.

crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:06 am

Like someone said. I CAN'T see Perez doing a one year deal at McLaren before going to Ferrari (where he would be treated like a redheaded stepchild as long as that Spanish crybaby gets his way). That would be insanity on McLarens part. I HAVE to see this as something long term for Perez, and that McLaren made a great move.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:24 am

PYLrulz wrote:Like someone said. I CAN'T see Perez doing a one year deal at McLaren before going to Ferrari (where he would be treated like a redheaded stepchild as long as that Spanish crybaby gets his way). That would be insanity on McLarens part. I HAVE to see this as something long term for Perez, and that McLaren made a great move.

That's why I'm glad to see Perez at McLaren; he won't be Alonso's lackey.

crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:16 am

Vodafone is not going to be the title sponsor of McLaren after this year I don't think.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:18 am

Cynon wrote:Vodafone is not going to be the title sponsor of McLaren after this year I don't think.
How much money have they lost recently, because they've pulled their sponsorship of Triple 8 Racing (V8 Supercars) and the Australian Cricket Team.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:21 am

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:
Cynon wrote:Vodafone is not going to be the title sponsor of McLaren after this year I don't think.
How much money have they lost recently, because they've pulled their sponsorship of Triple 8 Racing (V8 Supercars) and the Australian Cricket Team.

Point being, there would be space for Carlos Slim's companies to slip onto the McLaren if they chose to. Wink

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:30 am

Cynon wrote:
Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:

Point being, there would be space for Carlos Slim's companies to slip onto the McLaren if they chose to. Wink

There were Perez-to-McLaren rumors that mentioned TelMex going wherever Sergio went.

crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:33 am

There's something else to this to. McLaren was once a fully British Team, and Mercedes was once a fully German Team but look at that now.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:02 pm

Massa will be at Ferrari for 2013, before shipping off to Brazil most likely. However, Vettel is a likely candidate now as his contract with Red Bull ends next year. The Vettel-Alonso pairing can happen if TelMex take over from Vodafone at Mclaren. Perez will follow Telmex, they are his funding and without them he would not and will not be in Formula One.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 pm

well boy things are rapidly changing in F1 right now and they still will for the next couple of years.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:14 pm

Adrian Fernandez is Sergio's manager. Interesting.

crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:53 am

Fuck.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:28 pm

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:Fuck.

erm, wut?
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:19 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:
Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:Fuck.

erm, wut?
Everyone thought Hamilton would of sucked because of this move. If you're wondering why the bump, Haney (I think) linked to it in the RDT.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:22 am

Boy did we ALL fuck up on how this would turn out Laughing
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down