Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nelson "Bulls**t" Piquet Jr...

+17
PKligBKFan
navycook75
bartman97
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
BWard
tommykl
FlashRod4
crl
RetrogradeRenegade
MPatterson1724
Alta
PRAWBLEMS
Toblerone
RealRacer4
PYLrulz
Metro 6r4
Milan655
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nelson "Bulls**t" Piquet Jr... Empty Nelson "Bulls**t" Piquet Jr...

Post by Milan655 Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:32 pm

http://www.f1zone.net/news/ayrton-senna-not-good-enough-for-todays-f1-piquet-jr/15351/

Ayrton Senna not good enough for today’s F1 – Piquet Jr

F1zone.net wrote:Having already derided the talents of Romain Grosjean and Kimi Raikkonen this week, Nelson Piquet Jr turned his attention to perhaps the most revered F1 driver of all time.

Referring to the current drivers at his former employer, the ex-works Renault team that is now called Lotus, Brazilian Piquet said Grosjean “has been lucky because he came (back) at a time when he had a slightly weaker teammate (Kimi Raikkonen) and a very good car”.

Now in the second-tier Nascar categories, Piquet – who left F1 amid the 2008/9 ‘crashgate’ scandal – has now aimed fire at his late and great countryman Ayrton Senna.

He mentioned Senna as an example of a talented driver who might struggle in modern Formula One, due to the change of emphasis since the 80s and early 90s.

“Someone like Senna would not have won anything in F1 today,” he is quoted by Terra.

“He was very fast but he had no talent in terms of the technical and mechanical.”

Senna won three titles, 41 races and 65 pole positions until his death in the 1994 San Marino grand prix.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Nelson "Bulls**t" Piquet Jr... Empty Re: Nelson "Bulls**t" Piquet Jr...

Post by Metro 6r4 Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:47 pm

This is coming from someone who agreed to crash his car for his team mate, whereas anyone else in that situation would have told Briatore to go to hell!
Metro 6r4
Metro 6r4
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:20 pm

I'm sure the Brazilian racing fans will welcome him with open arms for that comment No
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Metro 6r4 Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:23 pm

PYLrulz wrote:I'm sure the Brazilian racing fans will welcome him with open arms for that comment No
Loaded guns you mean Laughing
Metro 6r4
Metro 6r4
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:13 pm

Says the guy who was mediocre in F1 No.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Toblerone Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:18 pm

F1 is certainly different than the late 80s, early 90s, you never know how he would do.
Toblerone
Toblerone
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:44 pm

Toblerone wrote:F1 is certainly different than the late 80s, early 90s, you never know how he would do.

It doesnt matter. The disrespect he shows from that comment is incredible. Ayrton Senna is THE best driver. Piquet Jr is a wash up that even struggles in 2nd and 3rd tier NASCAR.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PRAWBLEMS Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:51 pm

Milan655 wrote:
Toblerone wrote:F1 is certainly different than the late 80s, early 90s, you never know how he would do.

It doesnt matter. The disrespect he shows from that comment is incredible. Ayrton Senna is THE best driver. Piquet Jr is a wash up that even struggles in 2nd and 3rd tier NASCAR.
Fanboy much?
Piquet is actually doing quite well, thank you very much.
PRAWBLEMS
PRAWBLEMS
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Metro 6r4 Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:00 pm

To be honest I was never the world's biggest fan of Senna. I've seen the DVD and countless footage, the man had exceptional talent but I got the impression that because he believed so strongly in God that he thought he was untouchable, when Schumacher began beating him he began to realize that everything wasn't going as perfect as he liked. I think this is why some people thought his accident was intentional.
Metro 6r4
Metro 6r4
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:32 pm

I love Piquet Jr...But come on are you trying to get Brazilians to hate you. ;/
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by MPatterson1724 Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:36 pm

I seriously hope he's just trolling xD
MPatterson1724
MPatterson1724
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:24 pm

MPatterson1724 wrote:I seriously hope he's just trolling xD
Probably. That or he's just desperately trying to emulate his father in some fashion - I recall hearing that Piquet Sr didn't have that high an opinion of Senna either.
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:43 pm

RetrogradeRenegade wrote:
Probably. That or he's just desperately trying to emulate his father in some fashion - I recall hearing that Piquet Sr didn't have that high an opinion of Senna either.

Piquet, Sr. was a giant wuss who was afraid of having a teammate who could beat him, thus the reason that his relationship with Mansell was so bad. He once implied that Senna was gay, and he called Mansell "an uneducated blockhead". When they both threatened to sue him, he backed off those statements.

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
Nelson "Bulls**t" Piquet Jr... NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FlashRod4 Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:18 pm

Dang it Piquet! I was just gaining some respect for you!
He's made pitchfork and torch sellers in Brazil very happy though!
FlashRod4
FlashRod4
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:27 pm

That is just a hater speaking. About the only thing Piquet and Senna are equals in are championships (both have their three). After that, Senna blows him out of the water.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Toblerone Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:26 am

I like Senna, Do I think he is the best? No. facts and references wont change that. Nelson shares the same opinions. So what?
Toblerone
Toblerone
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by tommykl Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:54 am

Well, Senna always looked to be very technically-minded as well, certainly not as much as Prost, but he was always there testing the car to get a good feel for it. I don't know, maybe Nelson Jr. was taught at an early age to think that Senna was nothing special Razz

In any case, I still rank Senna third all-time behind Fangio and Prost. So sue me.
tommykl
tommykl
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:58 am

tommykl wrote:Well, Senna always looked to be very technically-minded as well, certainly not as much as Prost, but he was always there testing the car to get a good feel for it. I don't know, maybe Nelson Jr. was taught at an early age to think that Senna was nothing special Razz

In any case, I still rank Senna third all-time behind Fangio and Prost. So sue me.

David Coulthard said that the difference between testing for Senna and Mansell was that Mansell would do a few test laps and go play golf, while Senna would stick around and watch Coulthard test, then listen in on what DC would say to the engineers about the car, to see if Senna could trust Coulthard's feedback.

crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:29 am

PRAWBLEMS wrote:
Milan655 wrote:

Fanboy much?

Yes, I am a fanboy of Senna. But I have reason-Senna was a good friend of my family.

And no, Piquet is not 'actually doing quite well'. He went from Formula 1 to the Truck series. Not an accomplishment of such.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PRAWBLEMS Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:31 am

Milan655 wrote:
PRAWBLEMS wrote:
Milan655 wrote:

Fanboy much?

Yes, I am a fanboy of Senna. But I have reason-Senna was a good friend of my family.

And no, Piquet is not 'actually doing quite well'. He went from Formula 1 to the Truck series. Not an accomplishment of such.

Name me one open-wheel crossover to NASCAR who didn't go through ARCA or Trucks first.
PRAWBLEMS
PRAWBLEMS
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:06 am

PRAWBLEMS wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
PRAWBLEMS wrote:
Milan655 wrote:

Fanboy much?

Name me one open-wheel crossover to NASCAR who didn't go through ARCA or Trucks first.

When was going from Formula 1 (the most revered World Championship) to Trucks/Nationwide successful? Had he been racing the Cup series this year, then maybe yes. But Trucks...?

Additionally, Montoya.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:01 pm

Milan655 wrote:
PRAWBLEMS wrote:
Milan655 wrote:

Fanboy much?

You're doing pretty well when you can win a Nationwide and a Truck race and look very competitive week in and week out. Piquet's doing quite well in Nascar and has bright things in his future.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:26 pm

Alta wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
PRAWBLEMS wrote:
Milan655 wrote:

Fanboy much?

You're doing pretty well when you can win a Nationwide and a Truck race and look very competitive week in and week out. Piquet's doing quite well in Nascar and has bright things in his future.

He won't have a "bright future" if he makes comments like that.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Toblerone Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:44 pm

Milan655 wrote:
Alta wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
PRAWBLEMS wrote:
Milan655 wrote:

Fanboy much?

He has a bright future with me. I like people who speak their mind. In fact I will go look at some of his merchandise now. I'm a fan after this awesome year for him.
Toblerone
Toblerone
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by PRAWBLEMS Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:16 pm

Milan655 wrote:
Alta wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
PRAWBLEMS wrote:
Milan655 wrote:

Fanboy much?

So because he spoke his opinion means he's automatically a washed-up "idiot" who needs to be b&ed forever?
PRAWBLEMS
PRAWBLEMS
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:20 pm

PRAWBLEMS wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
Alta wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
PRAWBLEMS wrote:
Milan655 wrote:

Fanboy much?

So because he spoke his opinion means he's automatically a washed-up "idiot" who needs to be b&ed forever?

Yes. Free speech is fine, but saying something as stupid as that? Who does he think he is? The only person in the position to make a comment like that is Schumacher, but he wouldn't dare make a comment like that. Piquet is the biggest tool to walk through the door of motorsport (excl. Jordon Lennox-Lamb); he loses his job; reveals that he and his team cheated; gets Pat Symmonds fired; ends up in the Truck series; thinks he can comment negatively on one of Brazil's most cherished men.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PRAWBLEMS Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:24 pm

Milan655 wrote:
PRAWBLEMS wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
Alta wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
PRAWBLEMS wrote:
Milan655 wrote:

Fanboy much?

Yes. Free speech is fine, but saying something as stupid as that? Who does he think he is? The only person in the position to make a comment like that is Schumacher, but he wouldn't dare make a comment like that. Piquet is the biggest tool to walk through the door of motorsport (excl. Jordon Lennox-Lamb); he loses his job; reveals that he and his team cheated; gets Pat Symmonds fired; ends up in the Truck series; thinks he can comment negatively on one of Brazil's most cherished men.
And that's it. He's not god.
PRAWBLEMS
PRAWBLEMS
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:25 pm

Milan655 wrote:
Alta wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
PRAWBLEMS wrote:
Milan655 wrote:

Fanboy much?

To be quite honest, I don't think it really matters in Nascar what you say about Senna or any other Formula One driver, Maybe elsewhere it will come back to bite him if Nascar doesn't work out, but i seriously doubt anyone in Nascar really cares about Piquet making a comment about Senna since it's not of their concern.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:30 pm

Alta wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
Alta wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
PRAWBLEMS wrote:
Milan655 wrote:

Fanboy much?

To be quite honest, I don't think it really matters in Nascar what you say about Senna or any other Formula One driver, Maybe elsewhere it will come back to bite him if Nascar doesn't work out, but i seriously doubt anyone in Nascar really cares about Piquet making a comment about Senna since it's not of their concern.

Fair enough.

PRAWBLEMS wrote:And that's it. He's not god.

What?
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:37 pm

Way to hurt a fellow Brazilians feelings Nelson Fail
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by PRAWBLEMS Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:57 pm

Milan655 wrote:
Alta wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
Alta wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
PRAWBLEMS wrote:
Milan655 wrote:

Fanboy much?

Fair enough.

What?
He's not, duh. So don't treat him as such.
PRAWBLEMS
PRAWBLEMS
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:15 pm

PRAWBLEMS wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
Alta wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
Alta wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
PRAWBLEMS wrote:
Milan655 wrote:

Fanboy much?

Fair enough.

What?
He's not, duh. So don't treat him as such.

What?
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:29 pm

Milan655 wrote:Yes. Free speech is fine, but saying something as stupid as that?

What. I don't think there's anything against bashing a driver, even if it's an all-time great like Senna. I think perhaps you're taking this a bit too seriously - even if he did really think that (and I don't think he does, he just wants to get in the headlines IMO), it doesn't really change anything. It certainly won't have an affect on his career, at least, it shouldn't - it's not like he's shooting his mouth off Kurt Busch style or anything.
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:42 pm

Milan655 wrote:Yes. Free speech is fine, but saying something as stupid as that?

What. I don't think there's anything against bashing a driver, even if it's an all-time great like Senna. I think perhaps you're taking this a bit too seriously - even if he did really think that (and I don't think he does, he just wants to get in the headlines IMO), it doesn't really change anything. It certainly won't have an affect on his career, at least, it shouldn't - it's not like he's shooting his mouth off Kurt Busch style or anything.

When you idolise a man and hear a nobody say something like this then you will react in this way. I still think it's stupid for someone to say something like this, especially someone like Piquet Jr.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:54 pm

Milan655 wrote:
PRAWBLEMS wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
PRAWBLEMS wrote:
Milan655 wrote:

Fanboy much?

When was going from Formula 1 (the most revered World Championship) to Trucks/Nationwide successful? Had he been racing the Cup series this year, then maybe yes. But Trucks...?

Additionally, Montoya.

Montoya's first stock car race was in ARCA at Talladega. And then he progressed to Nationwide, and then into Cup.

crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:56 pm

crl wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
PRAWBLEMS wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
PRAWBLEMS wrote:
Milan655 wrote:

Fanboy much?

Additionally, Montoya.

Montoya's first stock car race was in ARCA at Talladega. And then he progressed to Nationwide, and then into Cup.

It's a single race, I wouldn't think you would count that as a significant event.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by MPatterson1724 Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:19 pm

I don't see how having an opinion on a driver makes you an idiot. It's his freedom, don't get butthurt over it.

I can remember one time on teamspeak when someone made comments about Earnhardt Sr. being a douchebag dirty driver that was lucky nobody put him in the fence every week. Do I think said person is an idiot for having their own opinion on someone even when I disagree? No.
MPatterson1724
MPatterson1724
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by PRAWBLEMS Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:26 pm

MPatterson1724 wrote:I don't see how having an opinion on a driver makes you an idiot. It's his freedom, don't get butthurt over it.

I can remember one time on teamspeak when someone made comments about Earnhardt Sr. being a douchebag dirty driver that was lucky nobody put him in the fence every week. Do I think said person is an idiot for having their own opinion on someone even when I disagree? No.
How dare they insult URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNHARDT!?!
PRAWBLEMS
PRAWBLEMS
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:39 pm

I leave it then. I have an opinion, but it is met with hostility. So no point trying to fight it either. I think Piquet Jr, is both an idiot and a failure, and this is my opinion. Finished.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Toblerone Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:09 pm

I love debates. I hope nobody is butthurt over anything. I love this kinda talk.
Toblerone
Toblerone
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by PRAWBLEMS Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:24 pm

Toblerone wrote:I love debates. I hope nobody is butthurt over anything. I love this kinda talk.
You know what? Me too. They get your mind moving.
PRAWBLEMS
PRAWBLEMS
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:44 pm

MPatterson1724 wrote:I don't see how having an opinion on a driver makes you an idiot. It's his freedom, don't get butthurt over it.
This.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:51 pm

Milan655 wrote:I leave it then. I have an opinion, but it is met with hostility. So no point trying to fight it either. I think Piquet Jr, is both an idiot and a failure, and this is my opinion. Finished.
Getting mad at a driver over a stupid comment is one thing. Denying his accomplishments altogether just cause he made a silly comment is another.
I think Senna is an all-time great and yes Piquet's comment is pretty dumb, but you're being a little over-dramatic about it.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:34 pm

people be all madz up in da hoodz.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by bartman97 Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:31 am

Milan655 wrote:I leave it then. I have an opinion, but it is met with hostility. So no point trying to fight it either. I think Piquet Jr, is both an idiot and a failure, and this is my opinion. Finished.

First off, Piquet Jr. is a failure in F1, yes I agree. But he's been good in Trucks and won a race in his 1st start in Nationwide. He won a RACE. Plus we are not being hostile about your opinion, this is a debate and you're doing what another member did once, his name was kensethfan. Senna was one of the top 5 F1 drivers though in F1.
bartman97
bartman97
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:44 am

bartman97 wrote:

First off, Piquet Jr. is a failure in F1, yes I agree. But he's been good in Trucks and won a race in his 1st start in Nationwide. He won a RACE. Plus we are not being hostile about your opinion, this is a debate and you're doing what another member did once, his name was kensethfan. Senna was one of the top 5 F1 drivers though in F1.
actually Bart, that was Piquet's 3rd Nationwide start.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:18 am

bartman97 wrote:

ok, I classify Piquet Jr. as a failure in both what he's done on track, and what he's done off track. That's fine, he's doing well in America, but there is a big step from Formula 1 to 3rd tier NASCAR. And additionally, it was his fault that he got fired from Renault and blamed it on Flavio Briatore, rather than move on and return to GP2 or find a different race seat-that was failure number 1. Number 2, was that he got so pissed off at the fact he lost his race seat that he revealed the crash gate incident. This was his career in Europe and (I thought) his career altogether. Failure number 3 is his driving in general, it was quite bad.

Now he's in the trucks, I don't see him moving to the Cup Series and I know that is what he wants to do (why drive in the Nationwide series otherwise?).
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:44 am

He has a ton of fans. He's perfect for sponsors. He's won three races in NASCAR (if you include his K&N win at Bristol) and he came here with experience racing something completely different. He'll probably be in Cup within the next two or three years and he'll fair better than Montoya or even Franchitti ever did.
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by Toblerone Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:13 pm

PKligBKFan wrote:He has a ton of fans. He's perfect for sponsors. He's won three races in NASCAR (if you include his K&N win at Bristol) and he came here with experience racing something completely different. He'll probably be in Cup within the next two or three years and he'll fair better than Montoya or even Franchitti ever did.

I sure hope you're right.Id love to see him in cup. I actually bought some of his merchandise because of this fight, I realised I liked him more than I thought.

In the end though do you really think Piquet cares about what we think? Ill judge Piquet when he has retired from racing all together to judge if he is a failure or successful driver. But really who am I to judge a driver. Hahaha.
Toblerone
Toblerone
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:58 pm

Milan655 wrote:

Prost was better than Senna.

Clark was better than both.

Foyt and Mario Andretti were better than Clark.

End.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next