Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IndyCar Season Opener - Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg

+19
BBoy
bartman97
Mother of Invention
Kornography
Cardinals5
Alpineopossum
Michael29Shell
RealRacer4
Cynon
Mystrsyko
pepsibottle1
Tanrar
Alta
f1fan12
PYLrulz
navycook75
PKligBKFan
BWard
flyingturns89
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

IndyCar Season Opener - Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg - Page 2 Empty Re: IndyCar Season Opener - Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg

Post by navycook75 Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:09 pm

Helio did an awesome job out there, it reminds me of the 2001 Pepsi 400 all over again in terms of emotion...
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

IndyCar Season Opener - Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg - Page 2 Empty Re: IndyCar Season Opener - Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg

Post by RealRacer4 Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:15 pm

navycook75 wrote:Helio did an awesome job out there, it reminds me of the 2001 Pepsi 400 all over again in terms of emotion...

I think Hinchcliffe, or a Schmidt/Herta driver winning the Indy 500 this year might reach that comparison, IMO.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:17 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:
navycook75 wrote:Helio did an awesome job out there, it reminds me of the 2001 Pepsi 400 all over again in terms of emotion...

I think Hinchcliffe, or a Schmidt/Herta driver winning the Indy 500 this year might reach that comparison, IMO.
I had a brain derp....

I meant this is like the 2001 Cracker Barrel 400 in terms of emotion.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:10 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:
Cynon wrote:Brilliant win by Helio, and a brilliant run by Bourdais and Sato.

Again, ABC's coverage was a huge letdown. Proof that the coverage can make a good race appear bad.

Whatever happened to Bourdais? No mention of that from the crappy coverage either. Rolling Eyes

Bourdais lost control and went off track late, as did JR Hildebrand in case anyone else noticed him out too. At least that's what it says on IndyCar's scoring.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:28 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:
Cynon wrote:Brilliant win by Helio, and a brilliant run by Bourdais and Sato.

Again, ABC's coverage was a huge letdown. Proof that the coverage can make a good race appear bad.

Whatever happened to Bourdais? No mention of that from the crappy coverage either. Rolling Eyes

Bourdais lost control and went off track late, as did JR Hildebrand in case anyone else noticed him out too. At least that's what it says on IndyCar's scoring.

Hildebrand and Panther Racing had both tweeted they lost fuel pressure.
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:37 pm

Good race. Awesome showing from Helio as well as the nice touch with that Wheldon tribute at the end.

These new cars seems to have a lot of bug that they need to work out, Lotus being slow as hell. Good fun overall.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:40 pm

crl wrote:Great win for Helio. Thank God it wasn't Scott or Dario or Wilford Brimley or Brisuck.

Kimball's presence on the grid I think is a good thing. He's a role model. Not at all fast, but he's at least fast enough to show he's good enough to be on the grid in the first place. He's also far less expensive and less petulant than Graham Rahal.

Briscoe decided to stop sucking this weekend, which I think is good for him. At least Motegi isn't there for him to piss away a championship run at...

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:01 pm

Did Dario get a penalty on the last lap, cause they're showing the results with him in 13th, and I think he was originally ninth.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:33 pm

It's really too bad for Sato, he was having a very respectable run today. Overall, a decent race.
JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:25 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:Did Dario get a penalty on the last lap, cause they're showing the results with him in 13th, and I think he was originally ninth.

Ran out of gas.
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerAzuzu Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:12 pm

Bourdais still had a bit of that magic it seems, being able to run in 6th with a Lotus before (story of Lotus this weekend) the car gave up.

And Sato came out in full form and looked poised to take it..then the car gave up as well..which really is a shame.

And amazing EJ Viso decided not to be a running caution flag in waiting this week and actually finished in the top 10....course when you couldn't even pass Bourdais..

All in all it was a decent race, drivers are still trying to learn the cars in traffic conditions so the next couple of races will probably be more calmer than in years past.
GamerAzuzu
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystrsyko Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:31 pm

i'm glad i wasn't the only one that thought the race coverage was lacking
Mystrsyko
Mystrsyko
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2