Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walmart Will sponsor a car in daytona July Race

+6
Sparkz47
navycook75
RACECAR
Blake Camphausen
day500champ1
AntmanB
10 posters

Go down

Walmart Will sponsor a car in daytona July Race Empty Walmart Will sponsor a car in daytona July Race

Post by AntmanB Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:34 am

Bill Elliott & Walmart team up for Daytona in July: Walmart announced Thursday that they will expand their merchandise program in 2012, the 50th anniversary of the retail giant. While the merchandise partnership isn't new, Walmart will take to the track for the first time with a Chevy built by Turner Motorsports and driven by Bill Elliott. However the effort, as of now, is for only one race; the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona in July. The company wanted to get on the track this year with the #50 Chevy and Elliott to help celebrate the 50th birthday of the company in July and just wants to 'have a lot of fun with it', said Rand Waddoups, senior director Entertainment Properties and Brands for Walmart. The company has no shop has hired no personnel and has no plans beyond the single race. 'But we have six months yet', Waddoups added.(NASCAR Examiner), see images of the car on my #50 Team Schemes page.(1-26-2012)
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Walmart Will sponsor a car in daytona July Race Empty Re: Walmart Will sponsor a car in daytona July Race

Post by day500champ1 Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:54 pm

Will this be the first Bill is running a Chevy in his career? As far as I can remember Bill's always been primarily a Ford guy. Yes, he did run Dodge when he was with Ray's team.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Walmart Will sponsor a car in daytona July Race Empty Re: Walmart Will sponsor a car in daytona July Race

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:27 pm

I do hope that this team runs more races. I do hate Walmart, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Camphausen Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:19 pm

day500champ1 wrote:Will this be the first Bill is running a Chevy in his career? As far as I can remember Bill's always been primarily a Ford guy. Yes, he did run Dodge when he was with Ray's team.
Didn't he run for Phoenix once or twice?
Blake Camphausen
Blake Camphausen
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:47 pm

day500champ1 wrote:Will this be the first Bill is running a Chevy in his career? As far as I can remember Bill's always been primarily a Ford guy. Yes, he did run Dodge when he was with Ray's team.

Call me crazy, but I'm could've sworn he was behind the wheel of the 09 car many times.
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

https://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:53 pm

Bill Elliott...I'm surprised he's still racing...I think I know why they call him "Awesome Bill From Dawsonville"

I actually know a guy from Dawsonville too....
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:34 pm

AntmanB wrote:The company has no shop, has hired no personnel, and has no plans beyond the single race.

Surely this is the best possible way to begin a racing venture.

Last edited by Sparkz47 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Giacalone Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:35 pm

RACECAR wrote:

Call me crazy, but I'm could've sworn he was behind the wheel of the 09 car many times.

He was. Last year.
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:15 pm

Sparkz47 wrote:
AntmanB wrote:The company has no shop, has hired no personnel, and has no plans beyond the single race.

They'll probably just use their Nationwide employees...

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:52 pm

Sparkz47 wrote:

How it's done in ARCA. They know how it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:58 pm

vbooy57 wrote:
Sparkz47 wrote:

I'm pretty sure these guys, however, know how to make quality breaks that don't fail during the pace laps. Laughing
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:10 pm

Chives2112 wrote:
vbooy57 wrote:
Sparkz47 wrote:

I'm pretty sure these guys, however, know how to make quality breaks that don't fail during the pace laps. Laughing
We'll find out in July.

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:18 am

Bill ran a Chevy for...

Roger Hamby 3 times back in 1979
Nelson Bowers once in 2006
Michael Waltrip 5 times in 2006
James Finch (Phoenix) 4 times in 2011
Dusty Whitney once in 2011

And he even ran an Olds at Atlanta in 1978

http://www.racing-reference.info/rquery?s=8&id=elliobi01&series=W&trk=t0
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down