Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yeley to drive for Robinson-Blakeney

+17
Alta
Sparkz47
Alpineopossum
teamwhiper
Syzygy
Tanrar
RealRacer4
BBoy
Mother of Invention
pennst24
Chives2112
racingfreak1999
crl
Cynon
flyingturns89
AntmanB
f1fan12
21 posters

Go down

Yeley to drive for Robinson-Blakeney Empty Yeley to drive for Robinson-Blakeney

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:50 pm

Jayski: Newly established Sprint Cup team Robinson-Blakeney Racing has tabbed J.J. Yeley to drive its #49 Toyota for the 2012 season. In addition, Yeley will be reunited with crew chief Tony Furr, who has been hired to coordinate and direct the upstart endeavor. "I am energized and looking forward to working with [owner and manager] Jay Robinson and our team beginning at Daytona in the Duel 150 race and building success all the way to Homestead," said Yeley, who has 11 top-10 finishes in his Cup career. "I have enjoyed a good working relationship in the past with Tony Furr as my crew chief and am happy to be partnered with him again on this team." Furr brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the team and has the tools available to formulate a competitive effort at Robinson-Blakeney Racing. "I am excited to again be working with a talented driver like J.J., as well as the rest of the team and owners at Robinson-Blakeney Racing," Furr said. In addition to its first year in Cup, Robinson-Blakeney Racing returns for its 12th season of competition in the Nationwide Series in the #28 car. "We are preparing the team for a very successful 2012 season and we are very pleased to announce our partnerships with Tony and J.J.", Robinson said.(NASCAR.com)(1-25-2012)

Another cup team. Looks like there will be over 60 attempting the 500 (possible exaggeration).

Back to top Go down

Yeley to drive for Robinson-Blakeney Empty Re: Yeley to drive for Robinson-Blakeney

Post by f1fan12 Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:07 pm

My brain hurts. Team overload.
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Yeley to drive for Robinson-Blakeney Empty Re: Yeley to drive for Robinson-Blakeney

Post by AntmanB Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:11 pm

so the #46 whitney car is up for grabs ( even though mcdowell is running a limited schedule in that car, but he driving the 66 in the 500)

EDit - apparently whitney motorsports merged with phil Parsons racing and jayski didnt tell us. oh well.

to my Calculations, that is 42 that have driver- # Combinations announced for the 500.
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:34 am

By the way, completely missed this, but a few days ago, this team merged with a team called America Israel Racing, which is hoping to bring a message of Israeli support to the track. If you think I'm kidding on this, I'm not. Got it off Jayski.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:42 am

At least I have a new team to hate above all others.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:08 am

Cynon wrote:At least I have a new team to hate above all others.

Not a Yeley fan, I take it?
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by racingfreak1999 Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:23 am

After Daytona, this team will either become a start & park, or shut down after 6 races.
racingfreak1999
racingfreak1999
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:24 am

crl wrote:

Oh, I don't mind Yeley, he seems to be a decent enough person, I'm just not a fan of oppressive regimes being directly involved with sponsoring race cars.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:38 am

Cynon wrote:
crl wrote:

Oh, I don't mind Yeley, he seems to be a decent enough person, I'm just not a fan of oppressive regimes being directly involved with sponsoring race cars.
Everybody has their own opinion, I just don't want that sort of stuff shoved down my throat while I'm trying to watch a race.
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:48 pm

Pretty sure Yeley is of far off Israeli descent. Hope they don't even make it to the track.
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:54 pm

Cynon wrote:
crl wrote:

Or anything political, for that matter.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:03 pm

pennst24 wrote:Pretty sure Yeley is of far off Israeli descent. Hope they don't even make it to the track.

I think Yeley is driving for the Jay Robinson team nit the Israeli team.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:48 pm

Pretty sure I don't care if a team has a pro-Israeli message whether I agree with Israel's statehood or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by BBoy Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:56 am

I see so many problems with this...

Yeley to drive for Robinson-Blakeney 49america-israel-racing-front

Yeley to drive for Robinson-Blakeney 49america-israel-racing-nose

Yeley to drive for Robinson-Blakeney 49america-israel-racing-lside

Yeley to drive for Robinson-Blakeney 49america-israel-racing-rside

Yeley to drive for Robinson-Blakeney 49america-israel-racing-rear
BBoy
BBoy
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:22 am

Nascar's team approving policy

f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:47 am

BBoy wrote:I see so many problems with this...

Yeley to drive for Robinson-Blakeney 49america-israel-racing-front

Yeley to drive for Robinson-Blakeney 49america-israel-racing-nose

Yeley to drive for Robinson-Blakeney 49america-israel-racing-lside

Yeley to drive for Robinson-Blakeney 49america-israel-racing-rside

Yeley to drive for Robinson-Blakeney 49america-israel-racing-rear

Yeley to drive for Robinson-Blakeney Yao-ming-fuck-that-guy-rage-face

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanrar Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:06 am

That 49.

Yeley to drive for Robinson-Blakeney 429219_163247170452131_100003005466540_239252_891227081_n
Tanrar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Syzygy Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:33 am

My eyes are burning at the sight of that car.

iRacing Poles: 3
iRacing Championships: 1
I eat the weeb pizza.
Syzygy
Syzygy
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/BurningThund3r?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by teamwhiper Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:49 am

I wouldn't say that car is bad.Its just....crap.
teamwhiper
teamwhiper
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:06 am

teamwhiper wrote:I wouldn't say that car is bad.Its just....crap.

I vomited a couple days ago and my upchuck looked to be roughly that same color.

NASCAR shouldn't ban that car cause of the sponsor, NASCAR should ban that car cause it's tackier then a geriatric's living room.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:32 pm

Jesus Chr-, I mean yaweh. Looks like an `10 ASCC car.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:14 pm

Yeley to drive for Robinson-Blakeney Jackie
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:39 pm

vbooy57 wrote:Pretty sure I don't care if a team has a pro-Israeli message whether I agree with Israel's statehood or not.
I stand by this, but the car looks like complete s***.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:24 pm

The font, the copy-and-paste look...*shivers*
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:06 pm

This team...just.....No.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerAzuzu Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:13 pm

Yeley to drive for Robinson-Blakeney Thehellisthis
GamerAzuzu
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsibottle1 Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:05 pm

Is it okay for me to be thinking "Why???" right about now. Oh dear. Don't get me wrong here, but I smell a whole heap of trouble coming from this team. Morgan Shepherd's Jesus team is one thing but isn't this taking things a bit too far? (that eagle on the front is just waiting to be taken the wrong way.) I don't have anything against freedom of expression but I don't think all the good ol' boys are going to support this. Does anyone else picture a riot breaking out in Talladega over this car? Morgan can get away with the Christian theme since most of NASCAR's fanbase is particularly tolerant of that. But an Israeli team? Like I said, I frankly don't care about the religious message myself but I can only smell trouble waiting to happen. Rednecks + Israel = Don't mix.

That's my two cents. However, all of the above is the least of their concerns because they need a prayer if they're hoping to make the grid with this influx if new teams (pun intended). Cy, is'nt this reminding you more and more of the 80's and the privateer/pre qualifying days of F1? This season will be very interesting to say the least.
pepsibottle1
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:58 am

NASCAR wouldn't allow a car sponsored by redneckjunk.com, why would they allow this?

EDIT: Someone just pointed out to me, those are Toyota decals on a Ford body! Laughing
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:59 pm

Mother of Invention wrote:NASCAR wouldn't allow a car sponsored by redneckjunk.com, why would they allow this?

EDIT: Someone just pointed out to me, those are Toyota decals on a Ford body! Laughing

Not a Ford body...just the side windows. It's actually a Chevy body - look closely at the TV panel photo.

Also, as much I want to believe the car number (49) was a happy accident, I can't - the State of Israel was founded in 1949.

I have a very simple motto: "Keep your politics out of my sports." If NASCAR feels the same way, this car should never see one second on the track.
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Giacalone Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:35 pm

I'm not sure I see this as a political anvil as much as a genuine celebration of pride for one's heritage...but yes, the car does kind of suck.
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:48 pm

RyanB06 wrote:Also, as much I want to believe the car number (49) was a happy accident, I can't - the State of Israel was founded in 1949.

I'm guessing the reason they chose #49 was because Robinson's been using (and by that I mean start and parking) the #49 in Nationwide for ten years.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down