Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TM Lights Finale @ Decatur

+3
gwoodard41
conrail1990
Cynon
7 posters

Go down

TM Lights Finale @ Decatur Empty TM Lights Finale @ Decatur

Post by Cynon Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:05 am

All of Leon13's drivers were taken out, and I didn't bother replacing them (except Danny Savin took Chad Lyndie's place), so some groups had an odd number of cars... but it didn't end up mattering in the end because there were very few retirements. Also, I accidentally listed Cameron Taylor as Bruce Wilkinson. I'll fix that.

Race 1 Results
Race 1 was incredibly boring, with a rather amusing situation at the start. Stephanie McGlynn, starting from pole, self-spun in the first corner and didn't hit anyone. Bernie Fellows made a bit of a fool of himself by eliminating both himself and Gavril Tatarescu in what was a pretty stupid collision at the top of the Hill...

This race was so boring that I can't remember what happened except for that and the last few laps. Doug Baker had stomped the field, leading every single lap, but the biggest moving chicane of all time, AKA, Morgan Hamburg, cost him the win (and a 5 second lead) and Dean Rickenbacher sneaked past to take the win. This was the only combo group to have a full field of 42 cars, but only 41 started -- Bernhard Strauss blew up on the pace lap.

Race 2 Results
Race 2 was actually very good, as Lorne Roth and Chris Davenport, the two title favorites, were both in this group. Unfortunately, neither qualified well, so it appeared to be a very dull championship battle between them. But Thurston Blood, Buffy Boreanaz, and Joe Branch were all there to make things fun! There were a few drivers in this group who, frankly, earned more hatred than anything Mike Whitmore did in one race...

DeAndre Berkowitz did exactly what Stephanie McGlynn did in the first corner, except he nearly wiped out Jose Luis Martinez, who was subbing for the injured Arturo Ortega, out in the process...

Thurston Blood's thirst for the title was obvious, once he got into the lead (read: lap 5 or so), he made a stake in the lead that would last for the rest of the race, except for a lap after he pitted. It looked to be a good day for Power Steering Incorporated, as he and teammate Buffy Boreanaz ran 1-2 for most of the race, with Altamont Autosport driver Lang Chong Kun in third.

Further back, there were shenanigans.

First lap, Jennifer Goodwin gets dumped by Garrick Kolby after Kolby leans on her right rear in turn 3 for a good half second. Not really Kolby's fault, because Goodwin did move over on him just a bit... but then again, Kolby didn't have to make a move at the last second...

Lap 2, Crash Davenport spun off the track all by himself. Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp. Amazingly, though, Davenport was still on the pace and caught up to the rest of the pack before long.

Lap 3, Dick Move #1, DeAndre Berkowitz loses all goodwill he had from Stan Rosenstreter and chops Rosie off as they pass under the Hotel. However, Rosie was already there, sending both cars off into the sand trap. Anyone who witnessed Louis Kingston and Joel Rodriguez's clash in the same part of the track would know that the wall at the end of turn 3 + the sand trap = many barrel rolls. That's exactly what happened to Berkowitz, eliminating him and Rosenstreter on the spot, and infuriating the South African. Neither driver was injured, but Rosenstreter had a few loud words with the Israeli...

Lap 8, Roger Kendall spins off the track in The Snake, and then merges back on the track... right in front of Nico Wechsler, eliminating the German immediately.

Lap 10, Greg Woodard and Lorne Roth both spin in The Snake while running nose to tail. Woodard received significantly less damage because he hit Roth, and not the wall... they were running 19th and 20th.

Lap 10, Dick Move #2, For the record, I really hate picking on Antknee's drivers, but when they keep causing dumb wrecks, I can't really avoid it. That being said, I'm pretty sure you all know where I'm going here... Garrick Kolby was passed by Chris Davenport in The Snake, but Kolby wasn't too fond of that, and as soon as he got to turn 3, laid on Davenport's right rear corner until Kolby spun Davenport into the armco. Kolby was called to the Steward's Office.

Davenport limped his way back to the pits, in hopes that repairs could be made...

Lap 11, Davenport is on the end of Farmer's Straight, keeping his car to the right side, well out of the way. The leaders all get by him safely, except for Jose Luis Martinez, who somehow doesn't realize that blue and pink car in front of him is solid, promptly crashes into Davenport and eliminates himself and Davenport in one fell swoop. Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp....

Lap 21, DICK MOVE OF ALL DICK MOVES, Kevin Monroe and Andrea Kinasa are battling for position, and apparently, Monroe is getting rather frustrated with the 06 car. His solution is to apply the Tony Stewart Law of Outbraking: I'm Wrecking You Because I'm a Raging Prick. Monroe uses the 06 car as the brakes, sending Kinasa for a one-way trip into the armco and eliminated immediately. Monroe was IMMEDIATELY called to the Steward's Office, having clearly lost quite a bit of good will among his competitors...

Back at the business end of the field, Lang Chong Kun and Buffy Boreanaz had an AWESOME battle for second, won by the Chinese driver. However, Thurston Blood could not be headed and staked his claim on the race victory for Power Steering Inc!

Race 3 Results
Race 3 had so many selfspins I can only think of one car that I know for sure DIDN'T self spin in turn 1...

A big jam up in turn 3 resulted in Montana Mosehez ARCA (or R-KUH?) braking into the back of someone else and eliminating himself immediately. Like race 2, there were a few dick moves in this race...

Lap 9, Kazuki Toshima gets dropped by Taylor Silverman and eliminated.

Lap 10, Holden Roberts is not a smart guy. How do I know that? Because after seeing the Berkowitz/Rosenstreter collision in race 2, one would think; "Maybe I shouldn't do that". Nope. Roberts moves over on Justin Lewis and... you know where this is going, right? Okay, Roberts barrel rolls about 10 times at about 100 miles per hour.

Lap 14, Kevin Dwyer assumes the lead and proceeds to pull away.

Lap 21, Silverman doesn't learn from Roberts and from Berkowitz. He does the exact same dick move to Jack Bohart... and they were 6th and 7th... -_-;

Lap 23, Dwyer throws it off in turn 1 and damages the car. He still leads when he comes back on the track, but he loses a lot of time to Tyrone Stanley... Stanley gives chase, and on the final lap, final corner, Stanley is close enough to make a move, which is exactly what he does, and pulls off a photo finish to steal the win from Dwyer!

Final Points

Last edited by Cynon on Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TM Lights Finale @ Decatur Empty Re: TM Lights Finale @ Decatur

Post by conrail1990 Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:48 am

Race 1 & 2 results are the same
conrail1990
conrail1990
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:41 pm

conrail1990 wrote:Race 1 & 2 results are the same

Whoops. Fixed.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:47 pm

Final Race in TM Lights does not go well at Decatur

Was it because of his driving? No, not in the slightest. The main reason Greg lost the positions he gained was all due to a mechanical issue with the car. Greg drove the 61 Inglesby Flashback type-M for Dan Timothy racing, which happened to die AS HE WAS GOING INTO THE PITS. The team attempted to fix it, eventually losing a lap and having the car perform at or about 2 - 3 seconds off the pace of the leaders.

Woodard would go to Roth post race and apologize for hitting them off the snake on lap 10. He told Roth that he got overzealous and wanted to win or get a good field position when the checkered flag finally dropped. Woodard personally believes karma gave him the one fingered salute during the race after what happened between him and Roth.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:03 pm

Spoiler:
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bartman97 Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:35 pm

Ferguson finishes 4th, disappointed with season

"This car was the best car I have driven in my life, I got to thank Leonid Roderick for letting me drive this car for this season, but I'm really disappointed with my season. I didn't help my team at all when they gave me a fast car. But I did beat 80 something drivers, but 40th in standings is not where this car should be. But I'd like to drive this car again next year to try and prove that I could get a TM Master cup ride in the near future."
bartman97
bartman97
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:13 am

The results for the South race in Brazil were never posted.

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
TM Lights Finale @ Decatur NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyfast21 Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:39 pm

CJ Long finishes 86th in points

"I am just happy for the opportunity that was provided for me. I will be happy if i still have a ride next year but if I dont thanks to the team for helping me get a ride and just having a good time"
crazyfast21
crazyfast21
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down