Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 10 - Saitama

2 posters

Go down

Round 10 - Saitama Empty Round 10 - Saitama

Post by Ben Atkins Fri May 05, 2017 9:55 am

Sprints

Feature
Coming soon.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Round 10 - Saitama Empty Re: Round 10 - Saitama

Post by Electric Wolf Fri May 05, 2017 7:41 pm

Morton shaken up but okay after heavy shunt

For the 30-year-old Bristol native, the 2016 Dash Cup Pirelli Stock Series has been as ugly as the crash he suffered during the second Saitama sprint, the 27th cumulative race of the season, where he was turned into a jutting wall just past the second turn off the bumper of Pascal Vallee and reflected back into the path of French driver Pierre Eiffel. The jarring crash looks to be avoidable had Morton cranked the steering wheel to the right. The problem was that he indeed was turning to the right; he just did not have sufficient grip at that speed to direct the car from the wall. He quickly climbed out, knowing traffic would be coming through and his car needed to be moved out of their way, and gingerly hobbled off while laboring his left foot. Needless to say, that hit crushed both the front end of what was his car as well as the #08 team's morale.

"Nothing's been going right, it seems," Morton told the press in a subdued tone of voice. "I dunno if people have been dropping black cats in our box or what, but it's not a great feeling to have been struck with this kind of luck. The crew have no tails left to work off. I banged up my foot, but I can still move it. No harm, no foul, thankfully. We just got to keep our heads on straight and move along."
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down