Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh, My God in Heaven, NASCAR Is Actually Going Through With It

+9
zfitzwater599
pennst24
gone-sovereign
BooyakaDragon
Alta
navycook75
NASCARLOVER427
RyanB06
PackerMan71
13 posters

Go down

Oh, My God in Heaven, NASCAR Is Actually Going Through With It Empty Oh, My God in Heaven, NASCAR Is Actually Going Through With It

Post by PackerMan71 Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:07 pm

Restrictor plates at Indianapolis, and quite possibly Pocono and Michigan as well. Shocked

I really don't know how to react to this, TBH...
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Oh, My God in Heaven, NASCAR Is Actually Going Through With It Empty Re: Oh, My God in Heaven, NASCAR Is Actually Going Through With It

Post by RyanB06 Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:09 pm

Xfinity only, but could be used in the 2018 Brickyard 400.

Indy technically is a superspeedway (in length, not in behavior)...

BUT THIS IS A DUMB IDEA.
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Oh, My God in Heaven, NASCAR Is Actually Going Through With It Empty Re: Oh, My God in Heaven, NASCAR Is Actually Going Through With It

Post by PackerMan71 Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:12 pm

RyanB06 wrote:Xfinity only, but could be used in the 2018 Brickyard 400.

Indy technically is a superspeedway (in length, not in behavior)...

BUT THIS IS A DUMB IDEA.

I realize it's XFinity, but the fact that they are actually going through with is what shocks me.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by NASCARLOVER427 Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:20 pm

Eh, I'm willing to try anything if we get a good Indy race. I still think the road course is the best option, but maybe it'll work?
NASCARLOVER427
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:37 pm

They say "if it goes well" they'll use it for the 400, which probably means that it'll be used regardless.

I want to see this idea do well, but I won't be surprised if we wind up having New Hampshire 2000 all over again.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:23 pm

The next fiasco at Indy i feel would lead to it being taken off the schedule. While they need to take a risk to save that date, they need to not take an irreversible damaging risk.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:31 pm

navycook75 wrote:They say "if it goes well" they'll use it for the 400, which probably means that it'll be used regardless.

I want to see this idea do well, but I won't be surprised if we wind up having New Hampshire 2000 all over again.

Exactly what I was gonna say. When I heard this was happening, New Hampshire 2000 immediately popped into my mind.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:36 am

Don't compare this to New Hampshire 2000. That was an overreaction to Adam Petty's (or was it Kenny Irwin's?) death.

This is just stupidity.
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BooyakaDragon Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:12 am

Might as well give it a shot I guess, it's not like you can make the racing any worse there at this point Razz
BooyakaDragon
BooyakaDragon
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:10 am

BooyakaDragon wrote:Might as well give it a shot I guess, it's not like you can make the racing any worse there at this point Razz

Was gonna say, this sounds to me like more of a last resort than anything to me.
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by BooyakaDragon Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:09 pm

kensethfan wrote:
BooyakaDragon wrote:Might as well give it a shot I guess, it's not like you can make the racing any worse there at this point Razz

Was gonna say, this sounds to me like more of a last resort than anything to me.

If I had to make a guess, I'd say it's NASCARs "one last chance" effort before switching to the F1 layout.
BooyakaDragon
BooyakaDragon
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:39 pm

Alta wrote:The next fiasco at Indy i feel would lead to it being taken off the schedule. While they need to take a risk to save that date, they need to not take an irreversible damaging risk.

The only risk they need to take is running the races on the road course. The oval will never be "good" for stock cars.
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by zfitzwater599 Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:06 pm

RyanB06 wrote:Don't compare this to New Hampshire 2000. That was an overreaction to Adam Petty's (or was it Kenny Irwin's?) death.

This is just stupidity.
Kenny Irwin's death
zfitzwater599
zfitzwater599
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter249 Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:26 am

zfitzwater599 wrote:
RyanB06 wrote:Don't compare this to New Hampshire 2000. That was an overreaction to Adam Petty's (or was it Kenny Irwin's?) death.

This is just stupidity.
Kenny Irwin's death
Both Actually.
Dexter249
Dexter249
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, North America,Earth,Sol,Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way, Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by Rovenami Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:25 am

Rovenami
Rovenami
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:59 pm

I am open to almost anything. I can't imagine a restrictor plate at Indianapolis can make the racing that much worse than it already was.
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:14 am

If it will Make Indy more Interesting, Im all for it.
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down