Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NASCAR at Homestead: Ford Championship Weekend

+22
f1fan12
Backmarker
Mother of Invention
PYLrulz
Memoriesallbutdone
NASCARLOVER427
bigdc48
Alpineopossum
PRAWBLEMS
bsoyuz
Magus978
Electric Wolf
gone-sovereign
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
TPGRacing75
AntmanB
day500champ1
Alta
Rykia
Ben Atkins
Cynon
RyanB06
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

NASCAR at Homestead: Ford Championship Weekend - Page 2 Empty Re: NASCAR at Homestead: Ford Championship Weekend

Post by bsoyuz Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:15 pm

Cue the memes kids, Jim John won.
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

NASCAR at Homestead: Ford Championship Weekend - Page 2 Empty Re: NASCAR at Homestead: Ford Championship Weekend

Post by bigdc48 Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:16 pm

JJ Wins 7. Congrats.
bigdc48
bigdc48
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:18 pm

kensethfan wrote:(Also, good call Ben. 3/3. Cool)

afro

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by NASCARLOVER427 Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:18 pm

NASCARLOVER427
NASCARLOVER427
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by PRAWBLEMS Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:40 pm

Pretty damn cool to see two history-making championships this year in NASCAR (Sorry Sauter). Great for Jimmie, I think he has a very strong case for greatest of all time just considering the parity in NASCAR nowadays.
PRAWBLEMS
PRAWBLEMS
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:47 pm

PYLrulz wrote:
Mother of Invention wrote:
PYLrulz wrote:
kensethfan wrote:Good fucking job Logano. Just ruined the championship battle.

What did Logano do wrong?!?  He was making a move, and Edwards fucked up the block.  Simple as that.

Joey would have had a better shot at a Championship had he not forced the issue. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A move like that on lap 57, you got a point.

On lap 257, with a car in front of you that has been good?!?  You take any opening you can get.  Edwards screwed up and got the block in too late.  There's a reason many racing series take a dim view to blocking (open wheelers especially, but that's another subject for another time).  Because blocking done wrong is going to wreck a bunch of race cars.

In farness I thought Joey had way worse damage than he did too, so I thought basically he cost himself a shot at the Championship, bur alas he didn't.....
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:57 pm

So in lieu of all this championship business, Micahel McDowell managed to finish in the Top 10.
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by PRAWBLEMS Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:05 pm

kensethfan wrote:So in lieu of all this championship business, Micahel McDowell managed to finish in the Top 10.
He actually outperformed his mother ship team *coughMenardcough* a lot this season.
PRAWBLEMS
PRAWBLEMS
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Giacalone Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:07 pm

Don't ever go back in time and tell this to 2009 me, but I'm happy Jimmie got seven.
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:30 pm

PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerAzuzu Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:51 am

kensethfan wrote:So in lieu of all this championship business, Micahel McDowell managed to finish in the Top 10.

A driver making his last ride in his career got a respectable top 15 finish as well, a decent way to ride off into the sunset and end a career.

Of course I'm talking about the one, the only,

Spoiler:

GamerAzuzu
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:28 pm

Weakest race of the weekend, but it was solid weekend if that means Solid-middle of the road.

Big Jim did it again and is in the history books. The big question now is can he get #8 with the twilight of his career fast approaching. Played it smart and got it.

That Edwards wreck was nasty for a just up to speed thing, i cringe to image that at full speed. I found it more of a format forced racing deal...I feel any other race and Logano would've back off/Edwards would block all the way to the bottom.

Brian Scott goes out with arguably his best run of the year in a year where he got badly exposed. Tony Stewart gets his proper celebration but goes out with a "well at least that big crash saved him from a worse finish" (Dude outside the top 30 before that)
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:00 pm

Interesting stats from the season.

Kasey Kahne completed the most laps (10 355), but didn't lead a single lap.
Jamie McMurray became the first driver to make the Chase without leading a single lap.
Martin Truex Jr. led 17.7% of the laps he completed.
Kevin Harvick was the only driver who had an a average finish inside the top 10 (9.9)
No driver finished every race, but Landon Cassill was the only one who finished 35 (had a suspension failure with 26 laps to go at Michigan)
Kurt Busch had the most lead lap finishes with 31, and completed every lap until he crashed at Bristol in the fall (race 23)
David Ragan was the worst driver who started every race. He finished behind Dale Earnhardt Jr. (who had 18 starts), and Michael McDowell (31) in points.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:10 am

Racing-Reference hasn't updated the compare drivers tool yet but I'm pretty sure Landon was the better Front Row driver statistically this year. Buescher has the win and is talented in his own right, but Landon's biggest assest is his consistency. Not to mention how much he gets out of Front Row's own cars while Buescher wasn't noticeably better in what was really the fourth Roush car.
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2