Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NR2003 Mod Wishlist

+4
Ceej
bsoyuz
RyanB06
gone-sovereign
8 posters

Go down

NR2003 Mod Wishlist Empty NR2003 Mod Wishlist

Post by gone-sovereign Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:11 pm

I made a thread a while back like this one asking everybody what tracks they want to see made for NR, so how about this? Name some mods you'd like to see made for NR. Very Happy

Some mods I'd like to see:

Late 70's NASCAR mod - A lot of the people I've spoken to about this seem to agree that NR2003 needs a late-1970s Grand National Mod. I think all you'd have to do is take the existing Hobby Stock mod by Bullring, put a spoiler on it and maybe make a few minor aesthetic changes, and you have a passable supplement for this mod.

Legends Car mod - Since Legends car racing has taken on a life of its own in the real world, it's somewhat surprising that this mod hasn't been made yet. It could also compliment the early NASCAR Modified bodies, seeing as how the Legends cars are practically modified coupes like the ones NASCAR ran in its primordial days. That said, I see a lot of potential for a Legends car mod. Wink

A completed NNC07 mod - The 2007 season was the one that introduced me to NASCAR, so I already have a fondness for the NNC07 mod. But since the mod we got was only a beta, I'd really like to see what a more finalized version of the mod would look like.

Vintage Roadster mod - Something similar to the front-engine cars that ran the Indianapolis 500 through the 50's and 60's and likewise appeared in Grand Prix racing. I see a lot of variability with this mod, in that respect.

Last edited by kensethfan on Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:57 am; edited 5 times in total
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

NR2003 Mod Wishlist Empty Re: NR2003 Mod Wishlist

Post by RyanB06 Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:20 pm

I think the reason there's no Legends mod is because of the bounding box; Legends cars are much shorter than Cup cars so they wouldn't really work.

I'd love to see an early 80's mod myself; specifically the era 1980-83. I have a soft spot in my heart for the early 80's Thunderbird (AKA the Squarebird).
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:54 am

RyanB06 wrote:I think the reason there's no Legends mod is because of the bounding box; Legends cars are much shorter than Cup cars so they wouldn't really work.

Crying or Very sad

Aren't Sprint Cars about the same size, if not slightly bigger than Legends cars, though? Because the Sprint Car mod holds up fairly well I think, disregarding the roof panel clipping into the ground if you get upside down.
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:06 am

kensethfan wrote:
RyanB06 wrote:I think the reason there's no Legends mod is because of the bounding box; Legends cars are much shorter than Cup cars so they wouldn't really work.

Crying or Very sad

Aren't Sprint Cars about the same size, if not slightly bigger than Legends cars, though? Because the Sprint Car mod holds up fairly well I think, disregarding the roof panel clipping into the ground if you get upside down.

The thing is the height. Sprint cars are taller due to the wing, so that's a way to compensate the bounding box.
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceej Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:42 am

A current ARCA mod would be neat; the three Fivestar Gen 6 bodies, with the last mesh being used for the older body style.
Ceej
Ceej
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:36 pm

That and tracks would have to be scaled up for the legends car. Kind of like the rFactor remote control cars looking HUGE when you take them to other tracks.

For the hopeful... I did actually look into a bunch of modding tutorials that are on the US Pits, and I'm surprised more people don't know they exist, frankly. It's a complicated process, but like anything with NR, I think if someone set their mind to it they could sift through it and work it out. I figured out how to use AutoPAS and make3do for Gravis City (after clumsily doing every damn .TSO in 3dsimed previously No) and there's a markup language called PSG or something similar that NR2003 uses for LODs (Levels of Detail) that you'd need to learn to actually make a car model. It looks VERY similar to XML markup.

I think the only mods I have on my wishlist would be a 90s Champ Car or the current Indy Lights car. It doesn't need to have any more than one body, but I would like the driver helmet to be better than the default NR2003 driver helmet. If one of those two were to get made, you could essentially scratch the other from the wishlist. I could probably fulfill my own wish since I did stumble across a 3d model of what looks like a 1997 Swift some years ago.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TPGRacing75 Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:06 pm

Personally, I would like a proper mid 90's mod, The models would be simple

Chevy: Monte Carlo
Ford: Ford Taurus
Dodge: Ford Thunderbird
Pontiac: Pontiac Grand Prix

And there could be a 95 Grand Prix and Lumina template etc for the Thunderbird body if you really want to go in depth.
TPGRacing75
TPGRacing75
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Giacalone Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:24 am

It'd be cool to be able to drive the new Mexico Series cars or the Pinty's Series cars.
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by sutcliffe9 Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:00 pm

90s Champ Car would be fantastic

sutcliffe9
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by TPGRacing75 Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:38 pm

TPGRacing75 wrote:Personally, I would like a proper mid 90's mod, The models would be simple

Chevy: Monte Carlo
Ford: Ford Taurus
Dodge: Ford Thunderbird
Pontiac: Pontiac Grand Prix

And there could be a 95 Grand Prix and Lumina template etc for the Thunderbird body if you really want to go in depth.

Someone has granted my wish! Splash 'N' Go Graphics are in the process of making a late 90's cup mod! Oh yes! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1492855130733412.1073741863.466928753326060&type=3
TPGRacing75
TPGRacing75
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down