Fictional Track Ideas

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fictional Track Ideas

Post by kensethfan on Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:59 pm

Self-explanatory. Share some ideas for fictional NR tracks. I'll start:

-A narrow, flat, four-mile oval track surrounded by hills and a lake in the middle of the infield. It would also have no grandstands, so fans just camp out on the adjacent hills. The pit road might not even be separate from the racing surface, it might just be off on the apron on the front-straight. This is an idea I might go about doing myself, it seems fairly straight forward.

-A high-banked board racing track, like what they used to have in the 1920's.

That's all the ideas I have right now, I'll edit this when I can think of more.
kensethfan
Legend
Legend

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fictional Track Ideas

Post by NASCARLOVER427 on Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:53 pm

46 car Rainbow Road

A track above a canyon with no walls whatsoever. Like a really technical course and the pit road also follows this rule.
NASCARLOVER427
Champion
Champion

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC38X7A4OTUNE5rYROv9Bnzw

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 on Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:57 pm

I would love to see a N64 remake of Yoshi's Valley. Just add walls, a pit lane on the front straight, and take out the big Yoshi Egg.

The_Wall_91
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by conrail1990 on Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:57 pm

All of the Dirt to Daytona tracks.
conrail1990
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:21 pm

An 8-corner speedway similar to the Canyon track in the original World of Outlaws game.
A 1 mile speedway track with 30* banking on one end and completely flat on the other
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 on Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:05 pm

This...

f1fan12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon on Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:30 am

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:A 1 mile speedway track with 30* banking on one end and completely flat on the other

If you consider Irporplorp a serious track, that's the closest there is.

Online Wins: 19
Last Win: Formula 5 @ Vancouver, WA
EFR's #1 Robby Gordon fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan

Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

Cynon
Admin

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention on Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:40 pm

Cynon wrote:
Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:A 1 mile speedway track with 30* banking on one end and completely flat on the other

What about the Pizza shaped track Ceej made a few years ago?
Mother of Invention

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon on Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:37 am

Mother of Invention wrote:
Cynon wrote:

Verdugo? I don't remember that having much banking but then again I don't remember that track too well. I might even have it in my backup folder somewhere, and the only thing I do remember about it besides its shape is that Ceej once told me he had issues with the AI not using the brakes properly into one corner and creating a lot of carnage. Laughing

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NASCARLOVER427 on Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:43 pm

Cynon wrote:
Mother of Invention wrote:
Cynon wrote:

Verdugo? I don't remember that having much banking but then again I don't remember that track too well. I might even have it in my backup folder somewhere, and the only thing I do remember about it besides its shape is that Ceej once told me he had issues with the AI not using the brakes properly into one corner and creating a lot of carnage. Laughing

NASCARLOVER427
Champion
Champion

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC38X7A4OTUNE5rYROv9Bnzw

Back to top Go down

Post by TPGRacing75 on Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:11 pm

This is an idea I've had for awhile. It is called all-star speedway, a 2 mle long oval, with a slanted double dogleg, a curved back straightaway, and turns 1 and 2 are a tighter radius than turns 3 and 4 by a fair amount.
TPGRacing75
Development Driver
Development Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by larso on Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:09 pm

conrail1990 wrote:All of the Dirt to Daytona tracks.

yes!! especially welch valley, one of my all time favorite fictional tracks.
larso
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kensethfan on Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:11 pm

TPGRacing75 wrote:This is an idea I've had for awhile. It is called all-star speedway, a 2 mle long oval, with a slanted double dogleg, a curved back straightaway, and turns 1 and 2 are a tighter radius than turns 3 and 4 by a fair amount.

That actually sounds like it'd be pretty fun. Maybe like Robert's idea the wider end of the racetrack can be higher banked and the shorter end can be more level. It'd be like a roval-type track, and NR doesn't have nearly enough of those in my opinion.

Last edited by kensethfan on Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
kensethfan
Legend
Legend

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rovenami on Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:12 pm

Any track from the Daytona USA series including SCUD Race.
Rovenami
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 on Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:42 pm

Copying one of the drawings that I posted in The Whirlpool, I would like to see a temporary circuit made out of the runways at the defunct Naval Air Station Alameda on the San Francisco Bay. It wouldn't be a very technical layout, but with a lot of very long and very fast straightaways and the backdrop of the bay and the city to the west, I think that it would be a really fun track.

The only other track for NR2003 that I can think of that might be similar to this would be the Speed version of Valkenburg.

There are countless other ideas that I could think of, but I'm going to try to restrict myself to posting one.
SpeedDemon37
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BooyakaDragon on Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:43 pm

A road course that uses both the inside and outside of a sports stadium. Kind of like the X-Games RX course they used to run when they were in LA, but with tarmac of course.
BooyakaDragon
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:45 am

BooyakaDragon wrote:A road course that uses both the inside and outside of a sports stadium. Kind of like the X-Games RX course they used to run when they were in LA, but with tarmac of course.
So the Mexican Gran Prix track?
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by BooyakaDragon on Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:33 pm

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:
BooyakaDragon wrote:A road course that uses both the inside and outside of a sports stadium. Kind of like the X-Games RX course they used to run when they were in LA, but with tarmac of course.
So the Mexican Gran Prix track?
Maybe something a bit more larger. Like Wembley Stadium, for example.
BooyakaDragon
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon on Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:26 pm

SpeedDemon37 wrote:Copying one of the drawings that I posted in The Whirlpool, I would like to see a temporary circuit made out of the runways at the defunct Naval Air Station Alameda on the San Francisco Bay. It wouldn't be a very technical layout, but with a lot of very long and very fast straightaways and the backdrop of the bay and the city to the west, I think that it would be a really fun track.

The only other track for NR2003 that I can think of that might be similar to this would be the Speed version of Valkenburg.

There are countless other ideas that I could think of, but I'm going to try to restrict myself to posting one.

Funny thing is that another friend and I discussed what a race at this exact airfield (and the former Meig's Field in Chicago) would look like. This also looks a little bit like Edenvale.

Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 on Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:23 pm

Cynon wrote:
SpeedDemon37 wrote:Copying one of the drawings that I posted in The Whirlpool, I would like to see a temporary circuit made out of the runways at the defunct Naval Air Station Alameda on the San Francisco Bay. It wouldn't be a very technical layout, but with a lot of very long and very fast straightaways and the backdrop of the bay and the city to the west, I think that it would be a really fun track.

Funny thing is that another friend and I discussed what a race at this exact airfield (and the former Meig's Field in Chicago) would look like. This also looks a little bit like Edenvale.
This is only airfield that I've ever imagined what a possible racing circuit built into it could be. Using very rough measurements, I estimate that this layout would probably be somewhere between 3.4 and 3.5 miles in length.

If I ever acquire the means (and the knowledge) to create a track for NR2003, myself, this would certainly be my first road course!
SpeedDemon37
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TPGRacing75 on Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:54 am

kensethfan, that is the Exact Idea I was thinking of Very Happy

I also have an Idea for a pentagon shaped track, which would be a unique track layout, with progressive banking. (Maybe)

I like tracks with unusual layouts, E.G Pocono, Flemington, Langley, Darlington, as opposed to the usual cookie cutter D shape's used by NASCAR today.
TPGRacing75
Development Driver
Development Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Wall_91 on Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:57 am

TPGRacing75 wrote:
I also have an Idea for a pentagon shaped track, which would be a unique track layout, with progressive banking. (Maybe)

In NR4, we had a hexagonal shaped superspeedway track. Granted, you could not do a race on it because the track.ini was screwed up.

The_Wall_91
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuor Ttocs on Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:45 pm

A track where the outside is the preferred line (Larson Land)
A 43 car trophy truck track
A Super Speedway where the "grass" is sand and can grab you when you spin on it
Hsuor Ttocs
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PRAWBLEMS on Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:55 am

Hsuor Ttocs wrote:A Super Speedway where the "grass" is sand and can grab you when you spin on it
Daytona and Talladega Eyjix (sp?) fit this description. There's a few more off superspeedways, too.
PRAWBLEMS
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonny683 on Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:28 pm

Philadelphia GP! Champ Car tried to schedule a race in the city during July 4th, when the most people would be visiting the city. They couldn't settle on where, or how, and it never went off.
Jonny683
Development Driver
Development Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon on Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:52 am

Hsuor Ttocs wrote:A track where the outside is the preferred line (Larson Land)

There's actually quite a few tracks like this for online racing, Darlington is one that comes to mind, but the AI don't pass on the outside... with one exception.

There's a Homestead PWF edit that I didn't even know existed until 2 days ago that Mayor made called St. Lucia. The AI do pass on the outside regularly. It's not their preferred line, as they will prefer to stay on the low side, but a car on the outside entering the corners will get the biggest runs I've ever seen.

PRAWBLEMS wrote:
Hsuor Ttocs wrote:A Super Speedway where the "grass" is sand and can grab you when you spin on it
Daytona and Talladega Eyjix (sp?) fit this description. There's a few more off superspeedways, too.

Phoenix Eyjix as well.

Jonny683 wrote:Philadelphia GP! Champ Car tried to schedule a race in the city during July 4th, when the most people would be visiting the city. They couldn't settle on where, or how, and it never went off.

Pretty good summation as to why that race never happened. Although porting Sketchup objects into NR2003 can be a pain, you could probably get enough stuff from Philadelphia from 3D Warehouse to plot and make a Philadelphia NR2003 track. I would aim for something a little easier to do! Laughing

Also, Jon and I once talked about making a Roman coliseum track for NR2003 like Circus Maximus. I did actually start making the track, but figuring out how to populate the massive W section grandstands is a bit more difficult of a task than I originally suspected. Contrary to what you might think, the number of objects on this track would be pretty small. Another problem comes with actually placing the pitlane, which would either be outside the track or outside of turn 3 (as in, leaving the stadium almost) and then awkwardly re-entering.

Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top