Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Discourage Excessive AI Passing?

3 posters

Go down

How to Discourage Excessive AI Passing? Empty How to Discourage Excessive AI Passing?

Post by gone-sovereign Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:06 am

This is going to sound like a strange ask, so just hear me out.

I'm dealing with .pta physics on some of the longer ovals; Fontana, Indianapolis, and Las Vegas in particular. As I'm experimenting with the track.inis on those tracks, I've done my best to have the AI dynamic resemble how IndyCar drivers would be racing in real life. I have the speeds where they should be, but the AI race each other as if they were running a super speedway. Messing with drafting distance and chassis type yields no results.

I had the same problem with the AI at Eldora using .cts physics. Obviously the AI should not be running a dirt oval as if it were a super speedway.

So without touching the .lps, what can I do to the track.ini?
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

How to Discourage Excessive AI Passing? Empty Re: How to Discourage Excessive AI Passing?

Post by Cynon Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:52 am

AI drag, AI drafting distance.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How to Discourage Excessive AI Passing? Empty Re: How to Discourage Excessive AI Passing?

Post by John Norton Sun May 22, 2016 10:58 pm

Lower the ai_squeeze_pcnt line in the track.ini.

Try it at 0.0 and see what happens then adjust it somewhere inbetween that and the original numbers.
John Norton
John Norton
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

http://wildkustomcars.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum