Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorenson OUT IMMEDIATELY at Turner Motorsports

+9
F1V1
racingfreak1999
Alpineopossum
PYLrulz
Chives2112
flyingturns89
Cynon
day500champ1
crl
13 posters

Go down

Sorenson OUT IMMEDIATELY at Turner Motorsports Empty Sorenson OUT IMMEDIATELY at Turner Motorsports

Post by crl Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:20 am

crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Sorenson OUT IMMEDIATELY at Turner Motorsports Empty Re: Sorenson OUT IMMEDIATELY at Turner Motorsports

Post by day500champ1 Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:05 pm

I would be inclined to believe the money issues if not for two things:

1. He was in the middle of the title fight: 3rd in points 27 back of the lead.

2. He's won this season (though I don't really agree with the call).
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Sorenson OUT IMMEDIATELY at Turner Motorsports Empty Re: Sorenson OUT IMMEDIATELY at Turner Motorsports

Post by Cynon Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:57 pm

Of course it's money issues; Sorenson didn't bring Dollar General to the team, and in order for Turner to secure backing for next season, they need to win more races. Easiest way to do that is stick a Cup guy in there.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:30 pm

My prediction: This is all Dollar General's idea. Dollar General, who is leaving Turner Motorsports next year, is looking for a new driver. Brian Vickers, who drove a Dollar General car in the past, is a free agent. Dollar General also sponsors Kyle Busch in the Truck Series, and wins races. So, why not go to a team, Joe Gibbs Racing to be exact, and help them get a fourth car going and put Vickers, one of the only two drivers who has been using TRD equipment the entire time they've been in Cup, which also so happens to be the equipment Gibbs will use next year, in the car.

Summary: Dollar General wants to see if Brian Vickers still has the skills the did when he drove for them. If he does, he'll be in a fourth Gibbs car for 2012, with Denny Hamlin, Joey Logano, and former Hendrick Motorsports teammate Kyle Busch.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:52 pm

Maybe Turner is also stretching their resources a bit?
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:06 pm

There has to be something more to this...
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:16 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:My prediction: This is all Dollar General's idea. Dollar General, who is leaving Turner Motorsports next year, is looking for a new driver. Brian Vickers, who drove a Dollar General car in the past, is a free agent. Dollar General also sponsors Kyle Busch in the Truck Series, and wins races. So, why not go to a team, Joe Gibbs Racing to be exact, and help them get a fourth car going and put Vickers, one of the only two drivers who has been using TRD equipment the entire time they've been in Cup, which also so happens to be the equipment Gibbs will use next year, in the car.

Summary: Dollar General wants to see if Brian Vickers still has the skills the did when he drove for them. If he does, he'll be in a fourth Gibbs car for 2012, with Denny Hamlin, Joey Logano, and former Hendrick Motorsports teammate Kyle Busch.

This explaination is COMPLETELY...plausible. You may have hit the nail on the head flying. But, it still doesn't explain why they'd drop Reed when he is a contender for the championship.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:25 pm

Ian Cooper/National Racing anybody?
There's more to this than meets the eye. Unfortunatly, I doubt we'll ever see Reed Sorenson in a non start and park car again.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by racingfreak1999 Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:48 am

I was shocked when I heared this. Even if it's money problems, why would they fire him when he's a title contender. flyingturns' theroy is completely possible, but my theroy is if he don't get a Cup ride next year, where do you think he will end up? In the Nationwide Series and if these races with Turner go well, what team will he end up with? As for Sorenson, I agree with Alpine, his career is pretty much over.
racingfreak1999
racingfreak1999
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by F1V1 Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:00 pm

I don't really understand why anyone cares. Sorenson's losing the Nationwide series championship to, of all people, Ricky Stenhouse and Elliott Sadler. That's pretty pathetic. At least Vickers could put that car in contention for wins when he drove for them, Sorenson just putts around in the top 15 all day. He was a flop in Cup and he didn't do anything in Nationwide either despite a fair chance at it.

I would absolutely hate to see Vickers become a Gibbs driver simply because of who he'd have to be working with, but he's almost guaranteed to be out of the Cup series next season thanks to Red Bull (no money when you're dominating in Formula 1? Seriously?), and this ride could be what he has to fall back on.
F1V1
F1V1
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:35 pm

PYLrulz wrote:There has to be something more to this...
I agree, Reed is a good driver and I think he deserves to stay there. He was in the hunt for the title ad should have stayed

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:38 pm

I remember his ASA days when he was considered "The Next Great Thing for NASCAR" or something like that. I'm sure he'll find another team, though it'll probably be a mid-field team.
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:56 pm

Tweet from Marty Smith:

"The Reed Sorenson mess at Turner Mtspts is just the latest example of a growing problem in NASCAR. I worry about the longevity of NNS/CWTS"

Duh, Marty.

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
Sorenson OUT IMMEDIATELY at Turner Motorsports NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:28 pm

crl wrote:Tweet from Marty Smith:

"The Reed Sorenson mess at Turner Mtspts is just the latest example of a growing problem in NASCAR. I worry about the longevity of NNS/CWTS"

Duh, Marty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by racingfreak1999 Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:13 pm

Alpineopossum wrote:I doubt we'll ever see Reed Sorenson in a non start and park car again.
He was right, he's driving the #82 for MacDonald Motorsports.
racingfreak1999
racingfreak1999
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:53 pm

racingfreak1999 wrote:
Alpineopossum wrote:I doubt we'll ever see Reed Sorenson in a non start and park car again.
He was right, he's driving the #82 for MacDonald Motorsports.

Incorrect, from what I've heard the #82 was already planning on running the full race.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:22 pm

One user from NASCAR.com came up with an theory thats just as similar, if not more plausible to the one here and I'm about inclined to agree:

dollar general has a history of only wanting cup drivers in the car. they used to sponsor burney lamar for khi in the nationwide series and pulled him out in favor of kevin harvick and bobby labonte. same situation for kertus davis the next season they made harvick drive his races. and recently busch wanted them to have brian ickler drive the truck races for them but they told busch if he didn't drive then they were pulling their sponsorship. the only reason sorenson drove for them at all was because he was supposed to drive like 10 races last season with vickers driving the rest. when vickers was out for his blood clots there was no choice but for sorenson to take over full time

When you also combine both theories with their recent announcement to leave Sarah Fisher Racing in the Indycar series even after that spectacular win, It becomes even more believeable.
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

https://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:43 pm

RACECAR wrote:One user from NASCAR.com came up with an theory thats just as similar, if not more plausible to the one here and I'm about inclined to agree:

dollar general has a history of only wanting cup drivers in the car. they used to sponsor burney lamar for khi in the nationwide series and pulled him out in favor of kevin harvick and bobby labonte. same situation for kertus davis the next season they made harvick drive his races. and recently busch wanted them to have brian ickler drive the truck races for them but they told busch if he didn't drive then they were pulling their sponsorship. the only reason sorenson drove for them at all was because he was supposed to drive like 10 races last season with vickers driving the rest. when vickers was out for his blood clots there was no choice but for sorenson to take over full time

When you also combine both theories with their recent announcement to leave Sarah Fisher Racing in the Indycar series even after that spectacular win, It becomes even more believeable.

Makes me lose some respect for them, but then again, with business being business, sometimes, being behind a name is better than a no name
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanrar Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:00 am

It's things like this that prove that The Nationwide and Trucks are on life support. Extreme bias from the sponsors, and teams, is creating a growing problem for the NW and Truck regulars.
Tanrar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:23 pm

I saw we merge the Nationwide and Trucks and make it the "Super Xtreme Racing League of NASCAR sanctioned by NASCAR and powered by Coca-Cola, Toyota, Nationwide, and Camping World!" Razz
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down