Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IZOD IndyCar World Championships presented by Honda at Las Vegas

+37
Nascar9fan
F1V1
AntmanB
Mystrsyko
pennst24
racingfreak1999
Jahgee1124
Racerfan275
Tonyl14
conrail1990
Magus978
Blake Camphausen
RACECAR
24batista24
bartman97
f1fan12
Vincent Giacalone
Rykia
PackerMan71
PYLrulz
Ben Atkins
Tanrar
day500champ1
lat8829
BBoy
gone-sovereign
Alpineopossum
JMac525
Cynon
Nextelracer
crl
Alta
TheRacingExperts
navycook75
PKligBKFan
Chives2112
flyingturns89
41 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

IZOD IndyCar World Championships presented by Honda at Las Vegas - Page 4 Empty Re: IZOD IndyCar World Championships presented by Honda at Las Vegas

Post by DAWGFATHER Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:13 am

Usual IZOD Indy Car races have only 26 or 28 cars i believe. if they started that many i doubt that what went down sunday woulda happened or if it did happen it wouldnt have been so severe
DAWGFATHER
DAWGFATHER
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

IZOD IndyCar World Championships presented by Honda at Las Vegas - Page 4 Empty Re: IZOD IndyCar World Championships presented by Honda at Las Vegas

Post by Mystrsyko Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:14 am

i just dug this up. apparently they originally planned to only have 30 cars at vegas. not that 4 cars would have made much of a difference, but it really shows how careless they were being with the car counts. 26 for each track, but 8 more cars than "normal" are allowed to start

http://indycar.com/news/show/55-izod-indycar-series/41626-twenty-six-is-the-limit/
Mystrsyko
Mystrsyko
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nascar9fan Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:06 pm

Mystrsyko wrote:i just dug this up. apparently they originally planned to only have 30 cars at vegas. not that 4 cars would have made much of a difference, but it really shows how careless they were being with the car counts. 26 for each track, but 8 more cars than "normal" are allowed to start

[url=http://indycar.com/news/show/55-izod-indycar-series/41626-twenty-six-is-the-limit/
http://indycar.com/news/show/55-izod-indycar-series/41626-twenty-six-is-the-limit/[/quote[/url]]

Indianapolis and Las Vegas didn't have 26 car per track rule
Nascar9fan
Nascar9fan
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystrsyko Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:35 pm

I know. my point is that they decided well ahead of time that 26 or 28 cars was plenty, and then kinda went "well, it couldnt hurt to add a bunch more for just one race"

even so, they said they'd limit vegas to 30, and they went ahead and threw in even more cars than that. it's almost like they didnt even consider that more cars might be more dangerous
Mystrsyko
Mystrsyko
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4