ARCA @ Salem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ARCA @ Salem

Post by Ceej on Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:51 am

I will be at this race Very Happy

Entry List

Turns 3 and 4 were recently repaved, while the rest of the track was left alone.
avatar
Ceej
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1229
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 26
Location : Chicago, Illinois

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCA @ Salem

Post by SpeedDemon37 on Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:58 pm

Ceej wrote:Turns 3 and 4 were recently repaved, while the rest of the track was left alone.
Well, that could prove interesting!


Last edited by SpeedDemon37 on Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1636
Join date : 2012-05-11
Age : 20
Location : Michigan, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCA @ Salem

Post by flyingturns89 on Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:32 am

SpeedDemon37 wrote:Justin Boston won the Menards Pole Award for the race earlier this afternoon.

This is Boston's 4th Pole at the Salem Speedway in his 4th start at the track.

http://www.arcaracing.com/articles/1990998-three-menards-pole-awards-and-counting-for-boston-at-salem

Actually, ARCA qualifying is at 4 PM today.

http://www.arcaracing.com/events/1963896-federated-car-care-arca-fall-classic#schedule
avatar
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2715
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 22
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCA @ Salem

Post by SpeedDemon37 on Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:37 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:
SpeedDemon37 wrote:Justin Boston won the Menards Pole Award for the race earlier this afternoon.

This is Boston's 4th Pole at the Salem Speedway in his 4th start at the track.

http://www.arcaracing.com/articles/1990998-three-menards-pole-awards-and-counting-for-boston-at-salem

Actually, ARCA qualifying is at 4 PM today.

http://www.arcaracing.com/events/1963896-federated-car-care-arca-fall-classic#schedule
Oh. My bad!
avatar
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1636
Join date : 2012-05-11
Age : 20
Location : Michigan, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCA @ Salem

Post by SpeedDemon37 on Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:43 pm

Ken Schrader wins the Menard's Pole Award for the race. Points-leader Mason Mitchell will start on the outside of the front row, while his championship rival Grant Enfinger will start in 5th.

http://www.arcaracing.com/articles/1991020-ken-schrader-wins-menards-pole-for-race-at-salem-mitchell-gains-in-point-chase
avatar
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1636
Join date : 2012-05-11
Age : 20
Location : Michigan, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCA @ Salem

Post by flyingturns89 on Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:12 pm

Mason Mitchell is currently leading the race and is the only car on the lead lap.
avatar
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2715
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 22
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCA @ Salem

Post by Lucstar88 on Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:15 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:Mason Mitchell is currently leading the race and is the only car on the lead lap.

After Benjamin had problems on pit road... They were having a good battle from what i heard
avatar
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2688
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 22
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCA @ Salem

Post by Lucstar88 on Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:46 pm

Hessert Wins, may or may not of wrecked Mitchell for the win....
avatar
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2688
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 22
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCA @ Salem

Post by Ceej on Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:35 pm

This race was well worth the 5-hour trip from Chicago.

The first 145 laps were green. Schrader led from the start until he was snookered by Mitchell and Benjamin. They battled until Benjamin's car crapped out.

From there, several of the leaders pitted (including Schrader, who was black-flagged and had to do a drive-through), but many of the midfielders didn't. It was very fun to watch the leaders struggle with the tire falloff while those who had pitted blow by everyone trying to get their laps back.

Hessert cycled through to the lead after Mitchell pitted, but then Finney cut a tire and smacked the turn 3 wall, drawing the caution.

Hessert pitted under caution, but he and Mitchell were the only two on the lead lap. Mitchell stayed out with older tires and regained the lead.

Mitchell pulled away after the restart, despite Hessert's fresh tires. With 25 to go, Hessert came to life again and got past Mitchell. However, Mitchell found some speed again and never let Hessert out of his sights.

Mitchell made several lunges on Hessert in the last 10 laps, and finally got to his door on the white flag. Mitchell dove wildly into 3 and stuffed Hessert into the wall, but Hessert held on and won as Mitchell spun, quickly shifted into reverse, and backed across the line in 2nd.

I am definitely going to more ARCA races next year.

You should too.
avatar
Ceej
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1229
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 26
Location : Chicago, Illinois

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCA @ Salem

Post by Lucstar88 on Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:53 pm

Ceej wrote:This race was well worth the 5-hour trip from Chicago.

The first 145 laps were green. Schrader led from the start until he was snookered by Mitchell and Benjamin. They battled until Benjamin's car crapped out.

From there, several of the leaders pitted (including Schrader, who was black-flagged and had to do a drive-through), but many of the midfielders didn't. It was very fun to watch the leaders struggle with the tire falloff while those who had pitted blow by everyone trying to get their laps back.

Hessert cycled through to the lead after Mitchell pitted, but then Finney cut a tire and smacked the turn 3 wall, drawing the caution.

Hessert pitted under caution, but he and Mitchell were the only two on the lead lap. Mitchell stayed out with older tires and regained the lead.

Mitchell pulled away after the restart, despite Hessert's fresh tires. With 25 to go, Hessert came to life again and got past Mitchell. However, Mitchell found some speed again and never let Hessert out of his sights.

Mitchell made several lunges on Hessert in the last 10 laps, and finally got to his door on the white flag. Mitchell dove wildly into 3 and stuffed Hessert into the wall, but Hessert held on and won as Mitchell spun, quickly shifted into reverse, and backed across the line in 2nd.

I am definitely going to more ARCA races next year.

You should too.

Wish i could, if i had a car/arca race nears me
avatar
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2688
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 22
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCA @ Salem

Post by navycook75 on Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:01 pm

>Bill Catania 9th

WESTERN NEW YORK REPRESENT
avatar
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4916
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 28
Location : Portland, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCA @ Salem

Post by SpeedDemon37 on Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:04 pm

This sounded like quite the race! I wish that I could have watched it through some means of broadcast media (or in person); I didn't see the online stream.

I really want to go back to the race at Berlin next year, and maybe to the race at Toledo, as well.
avatar
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1636
Join date : 2012-05-11
Age : 20
Location : Michigan, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCA @ Salem

Post by navycook75 on Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:11 am


Video of the last 15 laps.
avatar
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4916
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 28
Location : Portland, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum