Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCA @ Salem

5 posters

Go down

ARCA @ Salem Empty ARCA @ Salem

Post by Ceej Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:51 am

I will be at this race Very Happy

Entry List

Turns 3 and 4 were recently repaved, while the rest of the track was left alone.
Ceej
Ceej
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

ARCA @ Salem Empty Re: ARCA @ Salem

Post by SpeedDemon37 Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:58 pm

Ceej wrote:Turns 3 and 4 were recently repaved, while the rest of the track was left alone.
Well, that could prove interesting!

Last edited by SpeedDemon37 on Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:32 am

SpeedDemon37 wrote:Justin Boston won the Menards Pole Award for the race earlier this afternoon.

This is Boston's 4th Pole at the Salem Speedway in his 4th start at the track.

http://www.arcaracing.com/articles/1990998-three-menards-pole-awards-and-counting-for-boston-at-salem

Actually, ARCA qualifying is at 4 PM today.

http://www.arcaracing.com/events/1963896-federated-car-care-arca-fall-classic#schedule
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:37 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:
SpeedDemon37 wrote:Justin Boston won the Menards Pole Award for the race earlier this afternoon.

This is Boston's 4th Pole at the Salem Speedway in his 4th start at the track.

http://www.arcaracing.com/articles/1990998-three-menards-pole-awards-and-counting-for-boston-at-salem

Actually, ARCA qualifying is at 4 PM today.

http://www.arcaracing.com/events/1963896-federated-car-care-arca-fall-classic#schedule
Oh. My bad!
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:43 pm

Ken Schrader wins the Menard's Pole Award for the race. Points-leader Mason Mitchell will start on the outside of the front row, while his championship rival Grant Enfinger will start in 5th.

http://www.arcaracing.com/articles/1991020-ken-schrader-wins-menards-pole-for-race-at-salem-mitchell-gains-in-point-chase
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:12 pm

Mason Mitchell is currently leading the race and is the only car on the lead lap.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:15 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:Mason Mitchell is currently leading the race and is the only car on the lead lap.

After Benjamin had problems on pit road... They were having a good battle from what i heard
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:46 pm

Hessert Wins, may or may not of wrecked Mitchell for the win....
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceej Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:35 pm

This race was well worth the 5-hour trip from Chicago.

The first 145 laps were green. Schrader led from the start until he was snookered by Mitchell and Benjamin. They battled until Benjamin's car crapped out.

From there, several of the leaders pitted (including Schrader, who was black-flagged and had to do a drive-through), but many of the midfielders didn't. It was very fun to watch the leaders struggle with the tire falloff while those who had pitted blow by everyone trying to get their laps back.

Hessert cycled through to the lead after Mitchell pitted, but then Finney cut a tire and smacked the turn 3 wall, drawing the caution.

Hessert pitted under caution, but he and Mitchell were the only two on the lead lap. Mitchell stayed out with older tires and regained the lead.

Mitchell pulled away after the restart, despite Hessert's fresh tires. With 25 to go, Hessert came to life again and got past Mitchell. However, Mitchell found some speed again and never let Hessert out of his sights.

Mitchell made several lunges on Hessert in the last 10 laps, and finally got to his door on the white flag. Mitchell dove wildly into 3 and stuffed Hessert into the wall, but Hessert held on and won as Mitchell spun, quickly shifted into reverse, and backed across the line in 2nd.

I am definitely going to more ARCA races next year.

You should too.
Ceej
Ceej
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:53 pm

Ceej wrote:This race was well worth the 5-hour trip from Chicago.

The first 145 laps were green. Schrader led from the start until he was snookered by Mitchell and Benjamin. They battled until Benjamin's car crapped out.

From there, several of the leaders pitted (including Schrader, who was black-flagged and had to do a drive-through), but many of the midfielders didn't. It was very fun to watch the leaders struggle with the tire falloff while those who had pitted blow by everyone trying to get their laps back.

Hessert cycled through to the lead after Mitchell pitted, but then Finney cut a tire and smacked the turn 3 wall, drawing the caution.

Hessert pitted under caution, but he and Mitchell were the only two on the lead lap. Mitchell stayed out with older tires and regained the lead.

Mitchell pulled away after the restart, despite Hessert's fresh tires. With 25 to go, Hessert came to life again and got past Mitchell. However, Mitchell found some speed again and never let Hessert out of his sights.

Mitchell made several lunges on Hessert in the last 10 laps, and finally got to his door on the white flag. Mitchell dove wildly into 3 and stuffed Hessert into the wall, but Hessert held on and won as Mitchell spun, quickly shifted into reverse, and backed across the line in 2nd.

I am definitely going to more ARCA races next year.

You should too.

Wish i could, if i had a car/arca race nears me
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:01 pm

>Bill Catania 9th

WESTERN NEW YORK REPRESENT
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:04 pm

This sounded like quite the race! I wish that I could have watched it through some means of broadcast media (or in person); I didn't see the online stream.

I really want to go back to the race at Berlin next year, and maybe to the race at Toledo, as well.
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:11 am

Video of the last 15 laps.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend