Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gravis City

Go down

Gravis City Empty Gravis City

Post by Cynon Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:10 am

I've posted some screenshots for this ... err, semi-ambitious edit of Edenvale around on here and on the book of faces. I've worked on this on and off for quite some time and kinda got stuck because there's just something I don't like about some of the scenery. None of those parts are present in these screenshots.

Gravis City Gravis6_zpse913ac57

Gravis City Gravis7_zps94558bc3

Gravis City Gravis5_zpsba36e742

A majority of the textures I got or modified from Deus Ex. The riot cops are from Marathon Infinity. If they look like the Spartans from Halo... yeah, Bungie made both games.

The track is a little more than a graphic edit of Edenvale -- it has a pit wall, a pit lane, and should hold a full field of 42 without too much of a problem. It also retains Edenvale's use of three different surface types. Some of the buildings on the side of the track are W sections. In layman's terms, they're solid objects and if you hit them you get damage. Unlike Edenvale, it also has walls, and turn 3 has a lot of FUCKING PAINT GRIP very low-grip runoff and a pretty ridiculous curb.

Is it finished? No. I'm just looking for feedback on what I have. The track folder is huge, I made some of the .3do's myself (feel free to steal those, by the way), and it's not compressed into a .DAT so the track folder is pretty huge at present. Credits for the original Edenvale should be in the zip.

The name Gravis City comes from an old RPG Maker project called Name 73 that I still have a soft spot for even if it was really crap. In the original RPG Maker game, Gravis City was mostly deep underground, buuuuuuuut that's not the case here. I personally really like the sky mips I did for this...

Gravis City 0.1

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down