Mexico's back on the F1 calendar for 2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mexico's back on the F1 calendar for 2015

Post by crl on Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:22 pm

At Ye Olde Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez, too:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/28445977

_________________
Norah O'Donnell - the only reason to watch CBS This Morning.
Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
avatar
crl
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2518
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 31
Location : Nashville, TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mexico's back on the F1 calendar for 2015

Post by bigdc48 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:40 pm

crl wrote:At Ye Olde Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez, too:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/28445977

avatar
bigdc48
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 909
Join date : 2012-10-05
Age : 24
Location : Manchester, NH (near Boston)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mexico's back on the F1 calendar for 2015

Post by bsoyuz on Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:54 pm

Even though I don't like the Hermanos Rodriguez Autodrome, it's good to see Mexico back in F1.
avatar
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2472
Join date : 2013-11-29
Age : 18
Location : São Paulo, Brazil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mexico's back on the F1 calendar for 2015

Post by Milan655 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:05 pm

Congrats, another corrupt country gets a Grand Prix regardless of history.
avatar
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2334
Join date : 2011-09-04
Age : 26
Location : London, UK/Bangkok, Thailand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mexico's back on the F1 calendar for 2015

Post by crl on Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:09 pm

Milan655 wrote:Congrats, another corrupt country gets a Grand Prix regardless of history.
You know you could make that argument about the United States, too, right?

_________________
Norah O'Donnell - the only reason to watch CBS This Morning.
Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
avatar
crl
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2518
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 31
Location : Nashville, TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mexico's back on the F1 calendar for 2015

Post by bsoyuz on Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:11 pm

crl wrote:
Milan655 wrote:Congrats, another corrupt country gets a Grand Prix regardless of history.
You know you could make that argument about the United States, too, right?
And Brazil, because we only got our date during the military corrupt government......
avatar
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2472
Join date : 2013-11-29
Age : 18
Location : São Paulo, Brazil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mexico's back on the F1 calendar for 2015

Post by Alpineopossum on Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:15 pm

bsoyuz wrote:
crl wrote:
Milan655 wrote:Congrats, another corrupt country gets a Grand Prix regardless of history.
You know you could make that argument about the United States, too, right?
And Brazil, because we only got our date during the military corrupt government......

I seem to recall the Hungaroring coming about thanks to some effort by János Kádár's regime in Hungary.
And that the communist Chinese regime brought the Chinese Grand Prix into being.
And Bahrain's corrupt royal government brought racing to the island.
Not to mention the fact that F1 is going to Russia (probably) this year.

As for COTA, the Governor of Texas played a significant role in making the race happen and the city of Austin helped a lot too. But that involved elected officials and didn't have a whole lot of corruption involved.
avatar
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1848
Join date : 2011-08-08
Age : 21
Location : Cleveland

View user profile http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Mexico's back on the F1 calendar for 2015

Post by Milan655 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:01 pm

Fair enough on the point Brasilian and the Arabs GP who both are still corrupted, and Hungary although they do improve.

Although Chinese gov isn't corrupt because it is communist, not all things communist are bad.
avatar
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2334
Join date : 2011-09-04
Age : 26
Location : London, UK/Bangkok, Thailand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mexico's back on the F1 calendar for 2015

Post by BooyakaDragon on Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:32 pm

Seems like they're trying to get all the big pieces of North America.
avatar
BooyakaDragon
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Posts : 398
Join date : 2013-11-06
Location : Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mexico's back on the F1 calendar for 2015

Post by crl on Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:58 pm

Alpineopossum wrote:
bsoyuz wrote:
crl wrote:
Milan655 wrote:Congrats, another corrupt country gets a Grand Prix regardless of history.
You know you could make that argument about the United States, too, right?
And Brazil, because we only got our date during the military corrupt government......

I seem to recall the Hungaroring coming about thanks to some effort by János Kádár's regime in Hungary.
And that the communist Chinese regime brought the Chinese Grand Prix into being.
And Bahrain's corrupt royal government brought racing to the island.
Not to mention the fact that F1 is going to Russia (probably) this year.

As for COTA, the Governor of Texas played a significant role in making the race happen and the city of Austin helped a lot too. But that involved elected officials and didn't have a whole lot of corruption involved.

Neither does the revival of the Mexican GP, it seems, as Bernie struck the deal with the privately held Grupo CIE. But, if you broaden Milano's comment, you can invoke the corruption of the federal governments of the United States and Mexico, because they're both pretty damn corrupt.

_________________
Norah O'Donnell - the only reason to watch CBS This Morning.
Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
avatar
crl
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2518
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 31
Location : Nashville, TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum