Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAST Favorite NR2003 Tracks to Race On

+18
Dan Mackay
racingfreak1999
Ben Atkins
Joshua Michaels
SpeedDemon37
BBoy
Milan655
Magus978
Rykia
pennst24
bsoyuz
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Alta
BWard
navycook75
f1fan12
Cynon
gone-sovereign
22 posters

Go down

LEAST Favorite NR2003 Tracks to Race On Empty LEAST Favorite NR2003 Tracks to Race On

Post by gone-sovereign Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:09 pm

So I asked for your favorite NR2003 tracks to race on a while back. Now how about least favorite?

Bristol - I'm pretty sure I'll never like racing here.

Atlanta - Whenever I race at Rockingham, it's always about conserving tires, and mind you, The Rock is one of my favorite tracks. Tire wear being a factor is also generally true for Atlanta races, but racing with tire wear as a factor at this track just doesn't quite seem as fun.

Fontana - All of my races here have been generally the same -- a long green flag run, and then the race goes absolutely stupid within the final laps.

Sonoma - A lot of my races here have almost always been wreck fests. Then you have that tire wall at the exit to 4A that's in a really bad position and could very easily kill you if you take the corner too wide. I also find it difficult to be fast here.

Dover - To a lesser extent than all the others. I just don't have much luck here.

Kansas - Also to a lesser extent than all the others. I end up making love to the walls in the middle of the corner every time.

Then there are also a number of road courses I've raced trucks on where the car is just really tight to the point where it just feels all too incredibly easy to drive if you're going slow enough. Though you're not exactly supposed to be racing a truck on a road course, they punch too big a hole in the air to be anything but tight.
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

LEAST Favorite NR2003 Tracks to Race On Empty Re: LEAST Favorite NR2003 Tracks to Race On

Post by Cynon Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:54 pm

Superspeedways -- nothing is less fun than a superspeedway race. Due to wonderful combinations of team orders (doesn't matter where you go, this will exist there) and a really hokey style of "racing", these are about as fun as a root canal.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

LEAST Favorite NR2003 Tracks to Race On Empty Re: LEAST Favorite NR2003 Tracks to Race On

Post by f1fan12 Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:01 pm

Cynon wrote:Superspeedways -- nothing is less fun than a superspeedway race. Due to wonderful combinations of team orders (doesn't matter where you go, this will exist there) and a really hokey style of "racing", these are about as fun as a root canal.

Normally, I would say otherwise, however the GOMA Lights race at Talladega makes me agree with you!
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:32 pm

f1fan12 wrote:
Cynon wrote:Superspeedways -- nothing is less fun than a superspeedway race. Due to wonderful combinations of team orders (doesn't matter where you go, this will exist there) and a really hokey style of "racing", these are about as fun as a root canal.

Normally, I would say otherwise, however the GOMA Lights race at Talladega makes me agree with you!

They're the same everywhere -- trust me.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:22 am

Cynon wrote:
f1fan12 wrote:

You'd get in the lead, and you couldn't make a move! It was incredibly boring!
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:34 am

Getting back on track here.

I still kind of hate Bristol, but not as much as I used to because I'm getting better at it.

I'm kind of iffy about Monaco as well, but mainly because I still have yet to complete more than 1 lap there.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:58 am

Peoria - When F5 visited their this Season, not once could I get to grips with it.

That's the only one I can think of right now.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:45 am

I streamed that GOMA Lights race and i found it exciting. Maybe the less experienced guys are fun to watch.

Anyway Atlanta can go die in a fire, Just boring and trying not to wreck it half the time.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:22 am

Indy.
Watkins Glen
New Hampshire
Darlington
Atlanta

You know, the tracks that require talent.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:30 am

f1fan12 wrote:
Cynon wrote:
f1fan12 wrote:

I think another thing that made the race was no bumpdrafting in the turns, at least for me, the racing was real hard without pushing all the way down the track.

Some tracks that I've personally hate

Bristol - this track I'll always hate

Sears Point, I can't seem to get the rhythm to race on it.

Iowa - Also, I don't drive well, in this kind of track
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:55 am

bsoyuz wrote:
f1fan12 wrote:
Cynon wrote:
f1fan12 wrote:

I think another thing that made the race was no bumpdrafting in the turns, at least for me, the racing was real hard without pushing all the way down the track.

GOMA has that rule in affect 9.9 times out of 10 there will be a crash if the car behind bumpdrafts in the corner.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:25 pm

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:
bsoyuz wrote:
f1fan12 wrote:
Cynon wrote:
f1fan12 wrote:

GOMA has that rule in affect 9.9 times out of 10 there will be a crash if the car behind bumpdrafts in the corner.
Oh, I didn't know that. But is real hard take the foot on the turns without affecting the others. I've almost hit Luc twice in the race because he suddenly slowed down.
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:09 pm

Watkins Glen, it's a regular cookie cutter masquerading as a road course
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:57 pm

Dover - I like this track, but for whatever reason I'CW been unable to find consistent lap times and I completely suck on corner entry there.

New Hampshire - Pretty much the same as Dover. I just really struggle here.

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:26 pm

I dislike most of the short tracks, really hard to get into a rhythm because 99% of the time you'll have a string of cautions that just messes with your mental preparation.

I also don't like superspeedways as much as I used to, because once you know what you're doing, it doesn't become much of a challenge unless you have to artificially challenge yourself.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:29 pm

I hate Martinsville. I never can get it correct, always end up dropping time due to the braking zone. Bristol on the otherhand I do enjoy.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BBoy Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:31 am

I can't say I dislike many NR2003 tracks, but I'm not fond of Texas World.
BBoy
BBoy
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:59 am

I don't particularly dislike these tracks as much as I simply dislike racing on them in game.

Fontana/Auto Club - Despite its similarities to Michigan, the different corner entries and banking are enough to keep me from figuring out how to go fast here (or perhaps I'm simply not good with figuring these things out, anyways).

Dover - Similarly to Rykia, I still haven't learned how to take the corners at this track, and I find myself in the wall here a little too often.

Sonoma/Infineon - The first section of the track is somewhat fun to me, but the course has too many sharp corners and slow esses for my liking.

Other tracks that I can never set fast times on include Richmond, Martinsville, and Texas.
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:04 pm

Magus978 wrote:I dislike most of the short tracks, really hard to get into a rhythm because 99% of the time you'll have a string of cautions that just messes with your mental preparation.

I also don't like superspeedways as much as I used to, because once you know what you're doing, it doesn't become much of a challenge unless you have to artificially challenge yourself.

Short track racing can be fun, just not everyone's cut out for it. Meaning, some drivers tend to have it much better than others.

Well, the racing has kind of changed at super speedways. Contrary to what you said, the APRS races I had at Daytona a few weeks back were really difficult to get the hang of, because it was so much of a mix between pack racing and single-file conga lines. Sometimes you could make the bottom lane work, but if you didn't have anyone to run with you had to stay in line to get anywhere. And the style of racing changed so often that you'd very often find yourself being hung out to dry. It was fun, just hard to get the hang of.
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Michaels Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:28 pm

Chicagoland: It can make people dead.
Joshua Michaels
Joshua Michaels
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:39 pm

Rockingham - Never been good there, can't find a rhythm on it.

Rockingham UK - Watching AI on there? Fun. Driving on it? NOPENOPENOPE

Irwindale - HATE THIS TRACK HATE THIS TRACK HATE THIS TRACK.

Bristol - Again, never been able to improve at this track. I'm good on a short run, but a long run? I'll end up being the next caution...

Birmingham SuperPrix - Usually I'm good at Street Circuits. This one, I'm pretty speedy on too. I hate it because I'm pretty much guaranteed to be hit by someone here because of how damn narrow it is Razz

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:01 pm

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:Indy.
Watkins Glen
New Hampshire
Darlington
Atlanta

Add Phoenix and old Las Vegas to that.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by racingfreak1999 Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:38 pm

Every superspeedway except for Eight Bowl. Some of you will know the reason why.
racingfreak1999
racingfreak1999
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Mackay Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:50 pm

monaco, because theres no good versions of it
Dan Mackay
Dan Mackay
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

http://danmackay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Syzygy Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:16 pm

I'm not really a fan of New Hampshire; I've never had much speed there and when I do, I usually have some bad luck that decides to head my way. Same goes for Richmond.

iRacing Poles: 3
iRacing Championships: 1
I eat the weeb pizza.
Syzygy
Syzygy
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/BurningThund3r?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by gone-sovereign Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:12 pm

Ben Atkins wrote:Rockingham - Never been good there, can't find a rhythm on it.

Rockingham UK - Watching AI on there? Fun. Driving on it? NOPENOPENOPE

Irwindale - HATE THIS TRACK HATE THIS TRACK HATE THIS TRACK.

Bristol - Again, never been able to improve at this track. I'm good on a short run, but a long run? I'll end up being the next caution...

Birmingham SuperPrix - Usually I'm good at Street Circuits. This one, I'm pretty speedy on too. I hate it because I'm pretty much guaranteed to be hit by someone here because of how damn narrow it is Razz

I never did upload a video of that GOMA Truck race at Rockingham UK where everyone killed everyone. And somehow I got a Top 5 run out of it. XD

Also, I think I might want to add Mosport to my list. It's not that the track sucks, I just suck on it.  Embarassed 
gone-sovereign
gone-sovereign
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:46 am

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:
Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:Indy.
Watkins Glen
New Hampshire
Darlington
Atlanta

Add Phoenix and old Las Vegas to that.
How do I not have Pocono on here.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JINXaPHRENIC Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:54 pm

Watkins Glen- I personally love the track being from NYC and all, BUT, I always seem to ruin perfectly good cars there... Particularly wheel hopping turn 1...
Indianapolis- I can never seem to get a consistent run...
Dover- Again... Rythem is a big factor for me here...
I started years ago on short tracks so I like them all and Plate traqcks are fun for me since I like to push random people to the front... And.. I can't pit under green if my life depended on it...
JINXaPHRENIC
JINXaPHRENIC
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:08 pm

Forgot to mention Homestead (pre-2003) and the mile-and-a-half tri-ovals (Kansas, Chicagoland, Las Vegas, Kentucky), all with their original banking. For whatever reason, I've always enjoyed racing at Kansas significantly more than the others, but while I perform a little better there, I also seem to crash there a little more often, as well.
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:11 pm

Oxford Plains is the single worst track I have ever raced on. I don't know why, but I hate it!
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by kcobb9 Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:03 pm

Milan655 wrote:I hate Martinsville. I never can get it correct, always end up dropping time due to the braking zone. Bristol on the otherhand I do enjoy.
Same, one of the other tracks I dislike is indy. Maybe I just suck there but I'm always either extremely tight or extremely loose, no middle ground for me. I have varying opinions on Dover but for the most part I like it.
kcobb9
kcobb9
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by bsoyuz Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:35 pm

One track that I can't race without getting loose is Texas (Chase 2013 version), I just can't find a setup or even a race line to go on it.
bsoyuz
bsoyuz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:45 pm

While, I haven't done that much racing as of recently (due to having a crappy computer right now  Razz ).

The only one I can say was a problem for me was Indy in the Cup cars, in my only race there it was not pretty.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down