Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phoenix Penalties

+26
Ben Atkins
BWard
Mystrsyko
ParaLanche
FlashRod4
RealRacer4
Cardinals5
Sparkz47
day500champ1
pennst24
TheRealNathNath
PKligBKFan
PYLrulz
Chives2112
JMac525
crl
navycook75
Electric Wolf
PackerMan71
Mother of Invention
Alta
Milan655
RyanB06
conrail1990
f1fan12
Lucstar88
30 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Phoenix Penalties - Page 2 Empty Re: Phoenix Penalties

Post by crl Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:14 pm

Milan655 wrote:
PKligBKFan wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
PKligBKFan wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:
Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:Brad has his phone in his car so when he gets in an accident he can ring his mum straight away, he's done that since Califnornia in 2008 after his massive wreck, and he couldn't get a hold of his mum for quite a long time after the wreck.

I don't exactly know why he would do that though, keeping his phone in his race car pretty much all the time.

The answer is right there... It's if he gets in a really bad wreck, such as his Road Atlanta testing crash last year where he had to be transported to hospital so he can contact family.

But why must he have his phone in the car with him? A team member cannot hand the phone for him later?

What's the big deal? It isn't like he is using it during the race.

If it awards a fine, then I wouldn't understand his reasoning

I don't understand your reasoning. If his parents are not at the race and away from the TV, shouldn't he be able to contact them ASAP to let them know he's OK after a crash? Contacting his parents ASAP is far more sufficient than having TV and radio do it for you. And if NASCAR didn't have a problem with it on two previous occasions, why are they having a problem with it now?

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
Phoenix Penalties - Page 2 NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:32 am

crl wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
PKligBKFan wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
PKligBKFan wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:
Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:Brad has his phone in his car so when he gets in an accident he can ring his mum straight away, he's done that since Califnornia in 2008 after his massive wreck, and he couldn't get a hold of his mum for quite a long time after the wreck.

I don't exactly know why he would do that though, keeping his phone in his race car pretty much all the time.

The answer is right there... It's if he gets in a really bad wreck, such as his Road Atlanta testing crash last year where he had to be transported to hospital so he can contact family.

But why must he have his phone in the car with him? A team member cannot hand the phone for him later?

I don't understand your reasoning. If his parents are not at the race and away from the TV, shouldn't he be able to contact them ASAP to let them know he's OK after a crash? Contacting his parents ASAP is far more sufficient than having TV and radio do it for you. And if NASCAR didn't have a problem with it on two previous occasions, why are they having a problem with it now?

Maybe they're worried Keselowski might have a big accident soon like he has in NASCAR before, and it could damage his phone as well, but that's just in my opinion.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:26 am

BWardboy88 wrote:
crl wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
PKligBKFan wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
PKligBKFan wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:

Maybe they're worried Keselowski might have a big accident soon like he has in NASCAR before, and it could damage his phone as well, but that's just in my opinion.

I bet he's got more than one phone...

crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bartman97 Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:41 am

BWardboy88 wrote:

That's why they have inventions called pockets. But he hopes to wish that there's a glove compartment that NASCAR may install for his phone lol.

Milan655 wrote:Good. Concentrate, don't twatter while you're bored. What an imbecile...

1st, he must be concentrating to have the points lead coming into the final race by 20 points. 2nd off, relating to fans isn't cool under a red flag apparently. 3rd, yes, an imbecile apparently is leading the championship according to Milan655.

crl wrote: I bet he's got more than one phone...

Yes, but you only have one SIM card
bartman97
bartman97
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:00 am

bartman97 wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:

That's why they have inventions called pockets. But he hopes to wish that there's a glove compartment that NASCAR may install for his phone lol.

maybe but where? In the car? Don't answer if that question was so dumb. Rolling Eyes
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:09 am

bartman97 wrote:1st, he must be concentrating to have the points lead coming into the final race by 20 points. 2nd off, relating to fans isn't cool under a red flag apparently. 3rd, yes, an imbecile apparently is leading the championship according to Milan655.

No, I'd call it fairly childish to be tweeting while you wait to restart. It's his job, tweet after the race, he can wait..

Skill is unrelated to intelligence (in the most part). Albeit, I think I chose the wrong word for it, my understanding of "imbecile" may have been incorrect, so it was too strong for my original use.

crl wrote:I don't understand your reasoning. If his parents are not at the race and away from the TV, shouldn't he be able to contact them ASAP to let them know he's OK after a crash? Contacting his parents ASAP is far more sufficient than having TV and radio do it for you. And if NASCAR didn't have a problem with it on two previous occasions, why are they having a problem with it now?

What is with your anger?

In any case, could he not have a team member contact his parents while he drives? This is what I had done with my uncle...
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:54 am

Milan655 wrote:
bartman97 wrote:1st, he must be concentrating to have the points lead coming into the final race by 20 points. 2nd off, relating to fans isn't cool under a red flag apparently. 3rd, yes, an imbecile apparently is leading the championship according to Milan655.

No, I'd call it fairly childish to be tweeting while you wait to restart. It's his job, tweet after the race, he can wait..

Skill is unrelated to intelligence (in the most part). Albeit, I think I chose the wrong word for it, my understanding of "imbecile" may have been incorrect, so it was too strong for my original use.

crl wrote:I don't understand your reasoning. If his parents are not at the race and away from the TV, shouldn't he be able to contact them ASAP to let them know he's OK after a crash? Contacting his parents ASAP is far more sufficient than having TV and radio do it for you. And if NASCAR didn't have a problem with it on two previous occasions, why are they having a problem with it now?

What is with your anger?

In any case, could he not have a team member contact his parents while he drives? This is what I had done with my uncle...

It's not anger; it's trying to beat into your head the fact that NASCAR is inconsistent with how they go about their business. They raised no hell after Daytona about what Brad did. It was quite a sight to see him Tweeting during a red flag following one of the most bizarre accidents in racing history. For God's sake, it was the plot in one of the Los Minidrivers preseason "Ministories", although the guy who does those doesn't understand English very well, and I was under the impression that he thought Keselowski was actually Tweeting during the race (and Brad is smarter than that). And besides, what Brad did isn't the problem here. It's what happened between Jeff and Clint that's the big story. The only positive that came from the Gordon-Bowyer incident was LOLGano's whiny little Tweet about Gordon, to which I kindly reminded him (with a "Shut up." at the end) about how he won at Pocono in June.

crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by conrail1990 Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:35 am

How about Nascar dosent want to portray illegal (In some states) activity.
conrail1990
conrail1990
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:02 pm

crl wrote:
Milan655 wrote:

What is with your anger?

It's not anger; it's trying to beat into your head the fact that NASCAR is inconsistent with how they go about their business. They raised no hell after Daytona about what Brad did. It was quite a sight to see him Tweeting during a red flag following one of the most bizarre accidents in racing history. For God's sake, it was the plot in one of the Los Minidrivers preseason "Ministories", although the guy who does those doesn't understand English very well, and I was under the impression that he thought Keselowski was actually Tweeting during the race (and Brad is smarter than that). And besides, what Brad did isn't the problem here. It's what happened between Jeff and Clint that's the big story. The only positive that came from the Gordon-Bowyer incident was LOLGano's whiny little Tweet about Gordon, to which I kindly reminded him (with a "Shut up." at the end) about how he won at Pocono in June.

OK, then I must apologise as I had missed your original point. It appeared you were trying to defend his actions, however you were not. Yes, I will agree then that NASCAR makes inconsistencies within their penalties, but maybe sometimes they need to give one to stop many? Perhaps.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:35 pm

conrail1990 wrote:How about Nascar dosent want to portray illegal (In some states) activity.

Oh god don't say that. That would make too much sense to people! Shocked
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by tommykl Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:42 pm

conrail1990 wrote:How about Nascar dosent want to portray illegal (In some states) activity.
Now, I'm not familiar with the US legal system, but surely you can be on your phone while you're not driving...
tommykl
tommykl
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:37 pm

Don't think it's been mentioned yet, but Brad doesn't keep the phone in his pocket, he has something made up in the car, similar to a drink holder, that holds his phone, so if he gets into a wreck for phone doesn't go flying everywhere.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:08 pm

According to Jayski, NASCAR had told drivers after Daytona that they weren't to do that anymore, something I don't remember happening :/

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:07 pm

Rykia_RKXK wrote:According to Jayski, NASCAR had told drivers after Daytona that they weren't to do that anymore, something I don't remember happening :/

Just because they didn't make it public doesn't mean it didn't happen.
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:01 pm

RyanB06 wrote:
Rykia_RKXK wrote:According to Jayski, NASCAR had told drivers after Daytona that they weren't to do that anymore, something I don't remember happening :/

I honestly think you don't know the meaning 'Short-Track Tempers' do you? It tends to happen we drivers go a little too far trying to race each other.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:02 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:
RyanB06 wrote:

I honestly think you don't know the meaning 'Short-Track Tempers' do you? It tends to happen we drivers go a little too far trying to race each other.

This is related to mobile phones.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:04 pm

Milan655 wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:
RyanB06 wrote:

How is it? You go ahead and explain.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:05 pm

This quote was related to mobile phones within the cockpit.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:18 pm

tommykl wrote:
Now, I'm not familiar with the US legal system, but surely you can be on your phone while you're not driving...

In some states, unless you are pulled off to the side of the road or something similar, it's flat out illegal, period.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:27 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:
RyanB06 wrote:

How is it? You go ahead and explain.

Ryan and I were talking about the phone incident. You said something about short track tempers. Razz

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2