Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advocare 500(k)- Sprint Cup Series

+33
PackerMan71
JMac525
Alpineopossum
RyanB06
f1fan12
Kornography
Mystrsyko
PYLrulz
Cynon
bigdc48
Cardinals5
Syzygy
RACECAR
Magus978
pennst24
GamerAzuzu
FlashRod4
Ben Atkins
Chives2112
Sparkz47
navycook75
BBoy
PKligBKFan
Lucstar88
RealRacer4
conrail1990
Mother of Invention
Electric Wolf
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Dan Mackay
Alta
BWard
Backmarker
37 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Advocare 500(k)- Sprint Cup Series - Page 3 Empty Re: Advocare 500(k)- Sprint Cup Series

Post by Electric Wolf Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:50 pm

Cynon wrote:
Mystrsyko wrote:watch, Brad Keselowski gets fined and loses 25 Driver and owner points

NASCAR did dock him a few positions after Talladega to keep Jimmie Johnson in the hunt -- I wouldn't at all be surprised if that happens.

I was about to say. I won't be surprised if they dock him 15 or 20 points just to keep the points battle close.
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Advocare 500(k)- Sprint Cup Series - Page 3 Empty Re: Advocare 500(k)- Sprint Cup Series

Post by JMac525 Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:55 pm

While I'm a little bit behind the discussion, I just thought I'd say what I thought about the whole thing. I am shocked Jeff Gordon did this. He is one of the last I would ever expect to do something like this. I just say park him for Homestead, that's it. Missing his anniversary race is punishment enough. Clint really did have an outside shot. I personally like the guy, and I think it's too bad he won't even get a shot now.

As for Brad, he has been gaining my respect all year long. I used to not like him much at all, but after hearing him talk after incidents like today and getting beat at Watkins Glen, I have really started to like Brad. I hope he can hang on for the cup.
JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:59 pm

JMac525 wrote:While I'm a little bit behind the discussion, I just thought I'd say what I thought about the whole thing. I am shocked Jeff Gordon did this. He is one of the last I would ever expect to do something like this. I just say park him for Homestead, that's it. Missing his anniversary race is punishment enough. Clint really did have an outside shot. I personally like the guy, and I think it's too bad he won't even get a shot now.

As for Brad, he has been gaining my respect all year long. I used to not like him much at all, but after hearing him talk after incidents like today and getting beat at Watkins Glen, I have really started to like Brad. I hope he can hang on for the cup.

If the douche wouldn't have wrecked Boywer... & Brad gets penalty...
CLINT could be really close
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:01 pm

Cynon wrote:
Mystrsyko wrote:watch, Brad Keselowski gets fined and loses 25 Driver and owner points

NASCAR did dock him a few positions after Talladega to keep Jimmie Johnson in the hunt -- I wouldn't at all be surprised if that happens.

Well, it is NASCAR, after all. One thing you can't rely on from them is consistency.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:02 pm

PackerMan71 wrote:
Cynon wrote:

Well, it is NASCAR, after all. One thing you can't rely on from them is consistency.

This..
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:12 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:
JMac525 wrote:While I'm a little bit behind the discussion, I just thought I'd say what I thought about the whole thing. I am shocked Jeff Gordon did this. He is one of the last I would ever expect to do something like this. I just say park him for Homestead, that's it. Missing his anniversary race is punishment enough. Clint really did have an outside shot. I personally like the guy, and I think it's too bad he won't even get a shot now.

If the douche wouldn't have wrecked Boywer... & Brad gets penalty...
CLINT could be really close

It definitely would be. I would've loved to see Clint get the championship.
JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:27 pm

I can't imagine Brad getting a points penalty for remarks made in a press conference that didn't air on live TV, BUT, if NASCAR actually did that, it would be one of the most disgraceful things ever done in any sport, and I would love to see some fans sue them (even if it would be frivolous) for false advertising if they were to do such a thing, as it would absolutely put in plain light that they favor Johnson/Hendrick.

Oh, and here's how the French fellas from AB Moteurs called "THE BRAWL":

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
Advocare 500(k)- Sprint Cup Series - Page 3 NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bartman97 Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:35 am

There didn't even look like there were punches thrown lol. But Gordon should get at least a penalty for that. If Kyle Busch got a race penalty in cup for wrecking Hornaday in Trucks last year, then why doesn't Jeff?
bartman97
bartman97
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:47 am

bartman97 wrote:There didn't even look like there were punches thrown lol. But Gordon should get at least a penalty for that. If Kyle Busch got a race penalty in cup for wrecking Hornaday in Trucks last year, then why doesn't Jeff?

If I had to guess, maybe they're not punishing Jeff because he did it under green, and Kyle got punished because he did it under yellow.

Advocare 500(k)- Sprint Cup Series - Page 3 NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:41 am

crl wrote:
bartman97 wrote:There didn't even look like there were punches thrown lol. But Gordon should get at least a penalty for that. If Kyle Busch got a race penalty in cup for wrecking Hornaday in Trucks last year, then why doesn't Jeff?

If I had to guess, maybe they're not punishing Jeff because he did it under green, and Kyle got punished because he did it under yellow.

But he also did it while black flagged.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:46 am

PYLrulz wrote:
crl wrote:

But he also did it while black flagged.

He did, didn't he? Sticky wicket for NASCAR.

crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:24 am

Boy I've just seen the Race Review and well, Gordon may surely get into trouble. I mean its like he did the same thing Kyle Busch did to Ron Hornaday in the Truck race at Texas last year, very uncalled for. And like Spannerhead, I feel sorry for Danica because you know for once it actually looked like she can properly race at the Sprint Cup Level, only to be intentionally taken out by Jeff Burton with two laps left and and car left oil all over the track, which caused quite an exciting finish. I mean the Gordon and Bowyer Feud, I do generally think its typical short track tempers, I know what Gordon did was wrong be we've seen Brawls and feuds happen on Short Tracks pretty much every year and its the same deal here.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by conrail1990 Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:26 am

The fake commercials and spoofs that have come out of the thing have been epic. Advocare 500(k)- Sprint Cup Series - Page 3 277638789
conrail1990
conrail1990
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:54 am

Just remember everyone, Kyle Busch got parked for a a race because he was Kyle Busch. Jeff Gordon makes to much revenue for NASCAR to punish him. It would be just like NASCAR parking Jr for the same situation. NASCAR may be stupid and inconsistant most of the time, but they arn't stupid. So even though the media is calling for it, Gordon will get nothing for it.
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:07 am

f1fan12 wrote:Just remember everyone, Kyle Busch got parked for a a race because he was Kyle Busch. Jeff Gordon makes to much revenue for NASCAR to punish him. It would be just like NASCAR parking Jr for the same situation. NASCAR may be stupid and inconsistant most of the time, but they arn't stupid. So even though the media is calling for it, Gordon will get nothing for it.
The problem is the media/former driver are shitting on your sport for being inconsistent and not setting a precedent. This incident was a few feet away from drastically altering the championship again.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanrar Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:09 am

f1fan12 wrote:Just remember everyone, Kyle Busch got parked for a a race because he was Kyle Busch. Jeff Gordon makes to much revenue for NASCAR to punish him. It would be just like NASCAR parking Jr for the same situation. NASCAR may be stupid and inconsistant most of the time, but they arn't stupid. So even though the media is calling for it, Gordon will get nothing for it.

That's really stupid IMHO. That was REALLY uncalled for by Gordon. Bowyer was just racing him hard because Bowyer knew he had an outside shot at the title. (inb4 "he wasn't gonna win it anyway get real) Gordon over-reacted heinously, and took out an innocent victim and took a potential chance to be involved with the championship from Bowyer. Gordon should be suspended for Homestead. If you do something as asinine as that, you deserve to be parked.
Tanrar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:13 am

RandomClassic wrote:

That's really stupid IMHO. That was REALLY uncalled for by Gordon. Bowyer was just racing him hard because Bowyer knew he had an outside shot at the title. (inb4 "he wasn't gonna win it anyway get real) Gordon over-reacted heinously, and took out an innocent victim and took a potential chance to be involved with the championship from Bowyer. Gordon should be suspended for Homestead. If you do something as asinine as that, you deserve to be parked.

I agree with you 110%, but they won't do anything. I actually could see Bowyer winning the championship if Keslowski finally shows some sort of weakness.
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketKnight Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:16 am

Alta wrote:Btw is anyone on here an actual Jimmie Johnson fan?

ME!! Very Happy
RocketKnight
RocketKnight
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

https://www.youtube.com/user/BlueThunderfanracing

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:23 am

On another note, I love how my local Fox station has said "Race Winner Brad Keslowski had this to say about the race."

And yes it is the same news station that got on The Smoking Gun Presents The Worlds Dumbest Broadcasters for that Bear Report I posted on here last year.
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:47 am

f1fan12 wrote:On another note, I love how my local Fox station has said "Race Winner Brad Keslowski had this to say about the race."

And yes it is the same news station that got on The Smoking Gun Presents The Worlds Dumbest Broadcasters for that Bear Report I posted on here last year.

Fox 8 can do that. In 1980 during the Mt. St. Helens saga they did an entire piece (about 15 min. Long) about how the Harry Truman who ignored the evacuation was President Harry Truman who was president from (I think) 1945-1953. They did a whole piece about how this "American icon" was "nearing the end" after "a life of public service" he wanted to "die with nature". Actually Harry Truman had died eight years before.

In other words...
It's Fox 8, what do you expect?
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:08 am

Alpineopossum wrote:
f1fan12 wrote:On another note, I love how my local Fox station has said "Race Winner Brad Keslowski had this to say about the race."

Fox 8 can do that. In 1980 during the Mt. St. Helens saga they did an entire piece (about 15 min. Long) about how the Harry Truman who ignored the evacuation was President Harry Truman who was president from (I think) 1945-1953. They did a whole piece about how this "American icon" was "nearing the end" after "a life of public service" he wanted to "die with nature". Actually Harry Truman had died eight years before.

In other words...
It's Fox 8, what do you expect?

Fox 8 news didn't get founded until 1993, before that Channel 8 was a completly different outfit owned by CBS. But thats beside the point.

If NASCAR were to dock BK points for his interview. Then they would probably have to go harsh on Gordon. No matter what happens, NASCAR is in a loose-loose situation. Because if the Penalize BK hard, they have to Penalize Gordon hard. And if they don't penalize Gordon hard, then they can't "fix" there championship battle to be closer. There was a twit on Windtunnel last night that I really liked, "NASCAR must decide if they are a sport or a show."
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:24 am

The difference between Dale Jr. in 2004 and Brad K. was Dale Jr.'s was live on TV in front of the world, and Brad's was only on the Internet. Doubt NASCAR will penalize him for that, if they do though, expect massive wrath for Mr. Penske. Also, even after getting douched by Burton, and massively rammed from Menard (RCR gangbang, sexual innuendos lolololololololololo), she still got her first Cup top 20. At the start of the season who would of thought of that.

And speaking of parody vidoes.

Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:33 am

BlueThunderfan wrote:
Alta wrote:Btw is anyone on here an actual Jimmie Johnson fan?

ME!! Very Happy

And F1fan112 and Casey Lester, cause they clearly want him to win the championship....... Suspect
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:02 am

Protip to NASCAR drivers: want to break a winless streak, race at Phoenix.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:30 am

The awesome moment when you put money on Brad to win, then see his odds drop. Has Jimmie ever come from behind, or has he always going into Homestead? NASCAR on Speed are having a Facebook pole right now on what Gordon's punishment should be. The fact that the 4th most voted option is no punishment makes me wonder what the average IQ of Gordon fans are?
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:34 am

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:The awesome moment when you put money on Brad to win, then see his odds drop. Has Jimmie ever come from behind, or has he always going into Homestead? NASCAR on Speed are having a Facebook pole right now on what Gordon's punishment should be. The fact that the 4th most voted option is no punishment makes me wonder what the average IQ of Gordon fans are?

Do you know the other ones?
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:25 am

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote: Has Jimmie ever come from behind,

2010, but that was under the old points system, where 15 points ment only a handful of spots.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FlashRod4 Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:36 am

I would just like to state that my reasoning for thinking Gordon should be suspended and lose points for next season is that he probably knew that all they would do to him is make him miss Homestead. That is probably just a slap on the wrist to him. If NASCAR wants to state a point(which I don't think they will), give him a penalty that will really say something.
Also Keslowski is now a boss! Cool
FlashRod4
FlashRod4
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:41 am

FlashRod4 wrote:I would just like to state that my reasoning for thinking Gordon should be suspended and lose points for next season is that he probably knew that all they would do to him is make him miss Homestead. That is probably just a slap on the wrist to him. If NASCAR wants to state a point(which I don't think they will), give him a penalty that will really say something.
Also Keslowski is now a boss! Cool

I like your latest Signature feature.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:03 pm

My thoughts on this race:

Seeing the whole thing unfold in the last 5 laps or so, I couldn't believe what I saw while watching it live, and I'm still in shock from yesterday. Coming from a Jeff Gordon fan, we all know he's had the worst luck out of everyone in NASCAR this year. With the luck he's had, I knew sooner or later, he was going to lose it. Of course, that happened when Clint Bowyer got into him a second time this year. At first, it seemed a bit odd to me that Jeff was well off the pace but when I saw Jeff do the unthinkable, I just couldn't help but laugh. Just when I thought things weren't crazy enough, Clint's crew members going after Jeff Gordon was when I was thinking to myself, "holy crap." Out of all of the years I've been involved in racing, I don't remember things getting as bad as it did yesterday. Like others have said, it's something you would only see at a typical Saturday night short track event.

Now, how I feel about the whole situation: I'm not surprised how Jeff Gordon lost it the way he did, knowing how his season went. Could he have handled it much differently? For sure, but IMO, Bowyer had it coming to him. As a fan of Gordon, I can't deny the fact that taking out a driver with an outside shot for a championship and getting others involved in the mess was uncalled for, especially with the wreck happening right in front of Brad. I'm still unsure how NASCAR will handle this situation since Jeff pulled off the same move Kyle Busch did last year, except Jeff has been in the sport much longer than Kyle and doesn't pull these kind of shenanigans often. If he does get suspended, I honestly won't be sure how I'll feel about it. While I don't like to see him get suspended for what happened, I think Jeff getting penalized will be deserved.

In the end, who knows how NASCAR will handle the situation? With how inconsistent NASCAR can be when it comes to handing out penalties, I really don't care where things will go from here. That's what I think of the whole situation.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:38 pm

Brad Keselowski's tirade was the second best one I've ever scene, better than when Marco Andretti said "Helio missed his braking point by about three football fields." The best one was Boris Said on Greg Biffle, which was an incident some people have compared the Bowyer Gordon thing to. That comparison is absurd. Boris Said and David Ragan were racing for position when they accidently got together. There was no racing for position and it was obviously no accident.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3