Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

O'Riley Auto Parts Challenge - Nationwide Series

+24
Electric Wolf
PKligBKFan
Metro 6r4
bartman97
Mother of Invention
pennst24
GamerAzuzu
Alta
Lucstar88
crl
navycook75
antknee
conrail1990
Chives2112
Alpineopossum
RealRacer4
Vincent Giacalone
RACECAR
BWard
Dan Mackay
Daxam_Stark
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Rykia
AntmanB
28 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

O'Riley Auto Parts Challenge - Nationwide Series - Page 2 Empty Re: O'Riley Auto Parts Challenge - Nationwide Series

Post by Electric Wolf Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:24 am

Lucstar88 wrote:Good win 4 harvick

Denny shut ur damm mouth... Austin got his ride BY HIS SKILL
U GOT IT BY BEING A CUP DRIVER... oh btw shouldn't you focus on UR CHAMIONSHIP not about rising stars who want a Cup ride
he's acting like he did w Kes

This made no sense at all. You have everything backwards.

Denny drove cars which you needed talent to drive and got up to Cup. Austin is being handed higher-tier rides by papa Childress. People are going to ask him why he got the ride in Cup in 2014 and he'll probably say "because I finished 3rd or 4th in the championship". Yeah, in a car with equipment better than almost every damn team in the series. Talent is covered up by equipment differences because if teams like Rick Ware Racing and Morgan Shepherd had equipment that was equal to RCR, we could be seeing guys like Nur Ali and Timmy Hill (happy, Alta?) get a Top 10.

Going back to your statement, Denny Hamlin raced his way into NASCAR around what, 2005, and he doesn't deserve a ride, while Austin Dillon, who has driven for grandpa his whole career, deserves a Cup ride because he's getting top-of-the-line equipment everywhere he goes? Are you kidding?

Just about every driver that has ever touched a racecar in their life, whether it was an open wheel car in South America, an ALMS car in Europe or a stock car in North America. But with the high cost of parts for the COTs, most teams fall behind the wealthier teams and can't build cars that match their performance.
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

O'Riley Auto Parts Challenge - Nationwide Series - Page 2 Empty Re: O'Riley Auto Parts Challenge - Nationwide Series

Post by Alpineopossum Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:53 am

How about Kevin Swindell in the 98?
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:54 am

Dude, I was rooting so hard for Swindell.
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:32 pm

Casey Lester wrote:

U GOT IT BY BEING A CUP DRIVER... oh btw shouldn't you focus on UR CHAMIONSHIP not about rising stars who want a Cup ride
Talent is covered up by equipment differences.

Yeah, and Hamlin driving a Gibbs car in a lower tier series he shouldn't even be in isn't a prime example of that? Fail

Everything you said about Austin Dillon being in a good ride can also apply to Denny Hamlin. When has Hamlin not been in a Gibbs car? Also, as far as I remember, the Gibbs cars are the best cars around, and what car was Hamlin driving? Oh yeah.

Hamlin shouldn't have even been in the race. He should be focusing on his Cup campaign; but I guess he prefers being a dickhead in lower tier series and bitching at the drivers who actually are going for the points in the series instead of being there to inflate their egos.

Hamlin has had a few championships in his reach and he choked. Dillon came into the truck series and got the job done. Even if they are different levels of competitiveness, we know who can be more effective in a championship battle... Lucstar has everything right in my eyes, and you're the one that has it backwards. Sure, Dillon got help being related to Childress, but I bet you if Hamlin stepped out of a Gibbs car he would be crap.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:47 pm

Besides the Cup Stars who should be focusing in cup!!, are DESTROYING THE DEVELOPPEMENTAL SECTION : especially Lolgano
(Drivers this year that should of won if Cup Stars weren't there
Stenhouse 6 = 12wins
Hornish 0 = 4wins
Sadler 4 = 6wins
Ryan Truex 0 = 1win
Dillon 2 = 3wins
Ryan Blaney 0 = 1win
Annett 0 = 1win
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:54 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:Besides the Cup Stars who should be focusing in cup!!, are DESTROYING THE DEVELOPPEMENTAL SECTION : especially Lolgano
Stenhouse 6 = 12wins
Hornish 0 = 4wins
Sadler 4 = 6wins
Ryan Truex 0 = 1win
Dillon 2 = 3wins
Ryan Blaney 0 = 1win
Annett 0 = 1win

This.
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:59 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:Besides the Cup Stars who should be focusing in cup!!, are DESTROYING THE DEVELOPPEMENTAL SECTION : especially Lolgano
Stenhouse 6 = 12wins
Hornish 0 = 4wins
Sadler 4 = 6wins
Ryan Truex 0 = 1win
Dillon 2 = 3wins
Ryan Blaney 0 = 1win
Annett 0 = 1win

That Series should have more young drivers in it, sorry if I keep bugging on about this Cup drivers should ONLY focus on one League, NOT TWO. It's completely unfair to those competing full-time in the Nationwide Series as they have less chance of winning more races.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Giacalone Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:44 pm

To be fair, Busch/Nationwide has had Cup drivers in it to some degree for a while. But before around '04-'06, they only ran very select races as opposed to nearly the entire schedule.

I've always been a proponent of them only being allowed to run only 3 or so races each per season.
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:52 pm

Casey Lester wrote:

Denny drove cars which you needed talent to drive and got up to Cup. Austin is being handed higher-tier rides by papa Childress. People are going to ask him why he got the ride in Cup in 2014 and he'll probably say "because I finished 3rd or 4th in the championship". Yeah, in a car with equipment better than almost every damn team in the series. Talent is covered up by equipment differences because if teams like Rick Ware Racing and Morgan Shepherd had equipment that was equal to RCR, we could be seeing guys like Nur Ali and Timmy Hill (happy, Alta?) get a Top 10.

Going back to your statement, Denny Hamlin raced his way into NASCAR around what, 2005, and he doesn't deserve a ride, while Austin Dillon, who has driven for grandpa his whole career, deserves a Cup ride because he's getting top-of-the-line equipment everywhere he goes? Are you kidding?

Just about every driver that has ever touched a racecar in their life, whether it was an open wheel car in South America, an ALMS car in Europe or a stock car in North America. But with the high cost of parts for the COTs, most teams fall behind the wealthier teams and can't build cars that match their performance.
Nur Ali and Timmy Hill are both atrocious in the equipment there in so i doubt they would do any better in a haxxed up car. The only driver that i can think of off the top of my head that can do much better in a good equipment and has the talent is Johanna Long as she has worked wonders in that 2012. Also saying that RCR has the best equipment in the series is a flat-out lie...Roush has the best equipment in Nationwide by far and RCR is a distant #2. Also racing under an owner/name doesn't equal crappy driver.

Absolutely Dillon deserves a ride in cup. He has speed and the talent...while Denny Hamlin will probably not win a championship because he takes the development to series.

Why people are siding with asshole Hamlin over actual talent in Dillon blows my mind. I've seen a lot of stupidty from this topic in the last 24 hours going off what i saw...I worry about the longevity of the Nationwide series.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Camphausen Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:53 pm

Casey Lester wrote:

So that truck series championship out of Austin meant nothing right? Nationwide and Truck series wins, while beating Cup drivers, mean nothing right? Fail
Blake Camphausen
Blake Camphausen
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:02 pm

Casey Lester wrote:Just about every driver that has ever touched a racecar in their life, whether it was an open wheel car in South America, an ALMS car in Europe or a stock car in North America. But with the high cost of parts for the COTs, most teams fall behind the wealthier teams and can't build cars that match their performance.

>American Le Mans Series car in Europe
>O'Riley Auto Parts Challenge - Nationwide Series - Page 2 1300044776986
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:07 pm

[quote="Alta"]
Casey Lester wrote:

Denny drove cars which you needed talent to drive and got up to Cup. Austin is being handed higher-tier rides by papa Childress. People are going to ask him why he got the ride in Cup in 2014 and he'll probably say "because I finished 3rd or 4th in the championship".Yeah, in a car with equipment better than almost every damn team in the series. Talent is covered up by equipment differences
so in order to make it to cup, YOU have to win the championship or you're just not going to succeed?

Thats so much bullshit that can fill the Grand Canyon....
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:09 pm

I was thinking about prototypes and ALMS was on my brain. lol
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:18 pm

navycook75][quote="Casey Lester wrote:

Denny drove cars which you needed talent to drive and got up to Cup. Austin is being handed higher-tier rides by papa Childress. People are going to ask him why he got the ride in Cup in 2014 and he'll probably say "because I finished 3rd or 4th in the championship".Yeah, in a car with equipment better than almost every damn team in the series. Talent is covered up by equipment differences

so in order to make it to cup, YOU have to win the championship or you're just not going to succeed?

Thats so much bullshit that can fill the Grand Canyon....[/quote]

No. Almost regardless where Dillon goes, really, he'll be in Cup in the near future. Most likely, he'll finish 3rd or 4th in points.
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Syzygy Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:21 pm

There's no denying that Austin Dillon and Denny Hamlin have talent, it's just that Hamlin had to work for his ride and Dillon is... well... Dillon's part of the Childress family, so he kinda was born into a good ride. However, he's actually doing a pretty damn good job with the equipment. You don't just win a truck championship without having talent.

However, Hamlin bitching about Dillon racing him was way out of line. Hamlin has no business being in the Nationwide series in the first place, and he has even less business complaining about Dillon racing him when Dillon's trying to win a championship. Cup drivers racing in the lower series seriously just need to stop driving with their heads up their asses in general and realize that they're just racing for... some reason. I can't think of why Cuppies are in Nationwide aside from sponsor obligations, but that's just me.

There's my two cents.

iRacing Poles: 3
iRacing Championships: 1
I eat the weeb pizza.
Syzygy
Syzygy
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/BurningThund3r?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsibottle1 Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:23 pm

BurningThunder wrote:There's no denying that Austin Dillon and Denny Hamlin have talent, it's just that Hamlin had to work for his ride and Dillon is... well... Dillon's part of the Childress family, so he kinda was born into a good ride. However, he's actually doing a pretty damn good job with the equipment. You don't just win a truck championship without having talent.

However, Hamlin bitching about Dillon racing him was way out of line. Hamlin has no business being in the Nationwide series in the first place, and he has even less business complaining about Dillon racing him when Dillon's trying to win a championship. Cup drivers racing in the lower series seriously just need to stop driving with their heads up their asses in general and realize that they're just racing for... some reason. I can't think of why Cuppies are in Nationwide aside from sponsor obligations, but that's just me.

There's my two cents.

+1
pepsibottle1
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:36 pm

BurningThunder wrote:There's no denying that Austin Dillon and Denny Hamlin have talent, it's just that Hamlin had to work for his ride and Dillon is... well... Dillon's part of the Childress family, so he kinda was born into a good ride. However, he's actually doing a pretty damn good job with the equipment. You don't just win a truck championship without having talent.

There's my two cents.

This.
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:04 pm

That whole thing between Dillon and Hamlin was ridiculous. Both of them behaved like children. There has always been aggressive drivers. Dale Earnhardt, Juan Pablo Montoya, Jacques Villeneuve, Jamie Melo, Paul Tracy, etc. All of those race aggressively. They drive it like they stole it and go for every gap that is there and some that are not (That means you Melo). But what we saw there was freaking stupid. Austin Dillon is there because of family connections. End of story. He has talent, but he could finish 20th in every race and still be employed at RCR. But he raced Denny hard and fast. And Denny gets all butt hurt about it. Ridiculous. And then they beat on each other not while racing but while on the damn cool down lap. I'm okay if you give somebody the chrome horn while racing for position (I am a Villeneuve fan remember). But that was no racing for position. It was two guys acting like children by banging into each other in the pits.
This is why I don't like NASCAR drivers. They wreck each other for no reason and/or get all hot under the collar if somebody races them hard.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2