Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Okay, I'm out due to issues beyond my control

2 posters

Go down

Okay, I'm out due to issues beyond my control Empty Okay, I'm out due to issues beyond my control

Post by gwoodard41 Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:26 pm

Well...

My laptop fell from my bunk for the 4th time due to bumps in the road and braking... even if I put it where it shouldn't fall off.

The only visible damage to the laptop itself is a crack near the touchpad. However... internally, something else I actually use has been damaged or made defective.

The Nvidia Geforce 310m graphics 'card' (integrated into the mobo... it's a laptop), has been damaged beyond repair. So, I'm currently using integrated intel graphics.

While this isn't a huge concern, it does pose some problems.

When using carviewer, everything, even 2048 templates, come out very blurry and doesn't allow me to actually see fine details. This leaves me out of the capability to paint cars until further notice.

I can use NR2003, albeit at a extremely dropped framerate, the graphics aren't be best either. Don't get me started on Portal 2 Sad

I know it's the nvidia card because I switched to integrated and used said programs without my computer shutting down. Switching back to nvidia and using said programs causes my computer to shut down. Repeatedly.

Yes, I've tried resetting the bios, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, and shutting down my laptop for a long period of time... no avail. I will probably have to send my laptop in for repairs and that will cost me a pretty penny. Fail

So, until I can get a new laptop (or I can find my netbook... who knows where that is), I am unable to paint cars. I did get a couple of schemes done for the upcoming Indianapolis race and have them as carfiles.

I also have everything backed up on an external hard drive. In case more than my graphics are damaged.

Hopefully I can get something like this in the near future:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3184128&CatId=4935

I have enough money to get it... but my bank only allows a certain amount to be used for 'credit purchases' YAY!

Anyway, I won't be taking requests for the Indy or Decatur (Or possibly 2013 season for any series... we'll have to see.)
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Okay, I'm out due to issues beyond my control Empty Re: Okay, I'm out due to issues beyond my control

Post by gwoodard41 Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:13 pm

Okay, an update... I was able to get around the problem for the time being, I may be able to paint, but don't expect awesome things from me Razz
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Okay, I'm out due to issues beyond my control Empty Re: Okay, I'm out due to issues beyond my control

Post by SnakePlissken Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:04 am

Well, though I'm not what I'd call "techno-savy," I'd be willing to try and help out as much as I could.

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down