Having Windows 8.1 link/hyperlink issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Having Windows 8.1 link/hyperlink issues

Post by SnakePlissken on Sun May 04, 2014 12:01 pm

When in a race thread such as TMMC/FARC I can click on the YouTube insert and view the race as usual. The problem I'm having is viewing the links/hyperlinks below the YouTube insert such as:
 
Season Overview
Results
Points


The new page gets activated, but it's blank and eventually says something like:



I never had to do anything before to allow these pages to be seen.

Any suggestions?

Oh yeah, and now I can't leave comments on YouTube either. When I click the cursor on the comments area, a new page generates but it's blank! I don't get it!!!!  Fail 

_________________
Snake Plissken: Get a new president!

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
avatar
SnakePlissken
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1982
Join date : 2011-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having Windows 8.1 link/hyperlink issues

Post by Cynon on Sun May 04, 2014 2:13 pm

SnakePlissken wrote:
The new page gets activated, but it's blank and eventually says something like:



I never had to do anything before to allow these pages to be seen.

No text there. Pacman

Sounds like a plugin you have is out of date or affecting the Youtube player.

_________________
Effort Equals Results

Online Wins: 22
Last Win: Short Oval Challenge @ Grand Detour
EFR's #1 A.J. Allmendinger fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

avatar
Cynon
Admin

Posts : 3102
Join date : 2011-08-05
Age : 28
Location : Chicago, Illinois

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Having Windows 8.1 link/hyperlink issues

Post by SnakePlissken on Sun May 04, 2014 2:45 pm

Cynon wrote:No text there. Pacman

Should have shown this:

Problem loading page

The connection has timed out

The server at cynon.site11.com is taking too long to respond.

   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.


Cynon wrote:Sounds like a plugin you have is out of date or affecting the Youtube player.

It's Windows 8.1 so I thought everything should be brand spanking new and up to date! Or so I thought anyway  Smile

Not a fan of 8.1 thus far!!!

_________________
Snake Plissken: Get a new president!

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
avatar
SnakePlissken
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1982
Join date : 2011-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having Windows 8.1 link/hyperlink issues

Post by Rykia on Sun May 04, 2014 4:00 pm

SnakePlissken wrote:
Cynon wrote:No text there. Pacman

Should have shown this:

Problem loading page

The connection has timed out

The server at cynon.site11.com is taking too long to respond.

   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.


Cynon wrote:Sounds like a plugin you have is out of date or affecting the Youtube player.

It's Windows 8.1 so I thought everything should be brand spanking new and up to date! Or so I thought anyway  Smile

Not a fan of 8.1 thus far!!!

I'm on 8.1 and having no problems whatsoever. What anti-virus are you running? I know AVG's Internet Security Trial's Firewall Protection was blocking my internet access altogether a few days back, so I'm wondering if it's something within the anti-virus settings.
avatar
Rykia
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 20
Location : Cornfields.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum