Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Todd Berrier is now Regan Smith's crew chief

5 posters

Go down

Todd Berrier is now Regan Smith's crew chief Empty Todd Berrier is now Regan Smith's crew chief

Post by crl Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:48 pm

Crew Chief Changes #78? UPDATE: Todd Berrier is listed as the crew chief for #78-Regan Smith, Berrier had been #47-Bobby Labonte's crew chief and GM for JTG Daugherty Racing.(7-23-2012)
UPDATE: Furniture Row Racing announced today that Todd Berrier has been named crew chief for the team's #78 Chevy driven by Regan Smith. Berrier, who replaces Pete Rondeau, will take over the crew chief duties immediately. His first race on the pit box will be Sunday's Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. In making the announcement team general manager Joe Garone said, "Todd will be a great fit with our operation. The skill sets he has acquired during a successful crew chief career will be valuable assets as we move forward with a high level of energy and anticipation."
"Furniture Row Racing has a reputation in the Sprint Cup garage for its commitment and potential," said the 42-year-old Berrier. "I welcome this opportunity and can't wait to begin my new position at Indianapolis this weekend."(Furniture Row Racing)(7-24-2012)

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
Todd Berrier is now Regan Smith's crew chief NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Todd Berrier is now Regan Smith's crew chief Empty Re: Todd Berrier is now Regan Smith's crew chief

Post by Spen Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:15 pm

Good news for Bobby, bad news for Smith.
Spen
Spen
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Todd Berrier is now Regan Smith's crew chief Empty Re: Todd Berrier is now Regan Smith's crew chief

Post by PKligBKFan Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:35 am

I don't think Smith's crew chief change will affect anything. Pete Rondeau wasn't doing him any good and Todd Berrier is not very good at all.
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:25 pm

Pete Rondeau's crew chief career: 103 starts, 1 win, 6 top 5s, 10 top 10s.
Todd Berrier's crew chief career: 364 starts, 8 wins, 59 top 5s, 127 top 10s, 5 poles, 2007 Daytona 500 winning crew chief.

Not sure why everyone says Berrier sucks. His stats don't totally agree with that.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:00 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:Pete Rondeau's crew chief career: 103 starts, 1 win, 6 top 5s, 10 top 10s.
Todd Berrier's crew chief career: 364 starts, 8 wins, 59 top 5s, 127 top 10s, 5 poles, 2007 Daytona 500 winning crew chief.

Not sure why everyone says Berrier sucks. His stats don't totally agree with that.
That's what I was thinking. I was pretty happy to hear this news.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spen Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:07 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:Pete Rondeau's crew chief career: 103 starts, 1 win, 6 top 5s, 10 top 10s.

You can't seriously compare someone who's spent 80% of his Cup career working for Furniture Row to someone who's spent 80% of his career at RCR. They do not operate on the same level. Plus, while Berrier does have eight wins, exactly how many of them have come since the introduction of the COT? Zero. Todd has simply never gotten the hang of the new car, and unbelievably, he seems to get worse at adjusting it each year. Rondeau was canned way too early by DEI, and managed to bring FRR to a level they'd never dreamed of reaching before. Yeah, they've sucked this year, but every single EGR affiliate has been borderline invisible this year. A crew chief change won't improve a damn thing.
Spen
Spen
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:16 pm

On the other end of this story, David Hyder will be working as Labonte's interim crew chief until the team finds a permanent replacement. Hyder apparently has experience working as the crew chief for JTG driver Cale Conley in the K&N Pro Series East. He also appears to have some NASCAR experience, but I can't seem to find much about his career. He doesn't appear to have done anything too substantial, but I guess he's fine as an interim.

Oh, and it seems that JTG have also hired a new GM: Bobby Hutchens. I'm actually kind of excited about these new developments, mostly because I'm EFR's resident Labonte fan.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down