Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2012 Aaron's 312 - Nascar Nationwide Series

+31
PackerMan71
BBoy
Cardinals5
conrail1990
Racerfan275
Magus978
pennst24
antknee
PYLrulz
Chives2112
Rykia
RealRacer4
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
day500champ1
Spen
Blake Camphausen
Tanrar
Vincent Giacalone
Cynon
Mother of Invention
Ben Atkins
racingfreak1999
Syzygy
Alpineopossum
flyingturns89
PKligBKFan
Alta
crl
BWard
navycook75
AntmanB
35 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

2012 Aaron's 312 - Nascar Nationwide Series - Page 4 Empty Re: 2012 Aaron's 312 - Nascar Nationwide Series

Post by Mother of Invention Mon May 07, 2012 10:09 am

Also is NASCAR still in its "Boys Have at it phase?" if so I wouldn't expect more then three race probation then.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

2012 Aaron's 312 - Nascar Nationwide Series - Page 4 Empty Re: 2012 Aaron's 312 - Nascar Nationwide Series

Post by navycook75 Mon May 07, 2012 11:24 am

day500champ1 wrote:
navycook75 wrote:
unknown user wrote:I don't have anything against female drivers, (Simona De Silvestro is one of my favourite IndyCar drivers) but what Danica did has no place in any sort of motorsport.

Also, if you haven't heard swearing before then you are probably not mature enough to be posting on forums.
Danica has no place in motorsport, Period. How can a female driver whose only Indycar win came from fuel mileage be so overly hyped?

Probably for the same reason a guy who hasn't won in 139 starts is, the fans like them.
but he has won races, granted not recently....
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanrar Mon May 07, 2012 11:32 am

Mother of Invention wrote:This is from the Jimmy Means Fans facebook page

We are keeping Eric McClure in our prayers for a quick recovery. The latest news heard is that he had pain in his right arm and leg due to bruising. He will be kept in the hospital for at least one more night to observe symptoms of a possible concussion.

McClure confirmed for not running at Darlington. Jeff Green, here's your chance to not Start and Park! Very Happy
Tanrar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tommykl Mon May 07, 2012 12:07 pm

navycook75 wrote:
day500champ1 wrote:
navycook75 wrote:
unknown user wrote:I don't have anything against female drivers, (Simona De Silvestro is one of my favourite IndyCar drivers) but what Danica did has no place in any sort of motorsport.

Also, if you haven't heard swearing before then you are probably not mature enough to be posting on forums.
Danica has no place in motorsport, Period. How can a female driver whose only Indycar win came from fuel mileage be so overly hyped?

Probably for the same reason a guy who hasn't won in 139 starts is, the fans like them.
That is exactly why I respect Dale Jr. more than Danica. Dale has won over 40 NASCAR races. Granted, he hasn't won in Cup since 2008, but he won a lot of races. Danica, in her entire racing career, including junior series, has won just one, that race at Motegi with a somewhat depleted field and won by fuel mileage after leading only three laps.

Compare that to other notable female racers:
-Sarah Fisher may not have been very successful in IndyCars, but she won a lot of races in sprint cars.
-Simona de Silvestro won five races in the Atlantic Championship with five more podiums.
-Ana Beatriz won two IndyLights races and three Brazilian Formula Renault races.
-Heck, even Milka Duno won four class wins in ALMS and three overall wins in the Rolex Series.

Basically, the simple fact that she won her only race in the top series and was actually somewhat mildly successful otherwise makes me think that she is highly overrated.
tommykl
tommykl
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Mon May 07, 2012 12:12 pm

tommykl wrote:
navycook75 wrote:
day500champ1 wrote:
navycook75 wrote:

That is exactly why I respect Dale Jr. more than Danica. Dale has won over 40 NASCAR races. Granted, he hasn't won in Cup since 2008, but he won a lot of races. Danica, in her entire racing career, including junior series, has won just one, that race at Motegi with a somewhat depleted field and won by fuel mileage after leading only three laps.

Compare that to other notable female racers:
-Sarah Fisher may not have been very successful in IndyCars, but she won a lot of races in sprint cars.
-Simona de Silvestro won five races in the Atlantic Championship with five more podiums.
-Ana Beatriz won two IndyLights races and three Brazilian Formula Renault races.
-Heck, even Milka Duno won four class wins in ALMS and three overall wins in the Rolex Series.

Basically, the simple fact that she won her only race in the top series and was actually somewhat mildly successful otherwise makes me think that she is highly overrated.
if I may add to that list.

Johanna Long- won the Snowball Derby in 2010, along with a few races at a few of her local tracks.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Mon May 07, 2012 1:36 pm

Mostly cause of her Co-Driver being Andy Wallace.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Mon May 07, 2012 3:28 pm

Mother of Invention wrote:

Mostly cause of her Co-Driver being Andy Wallace.

Still counts as a win for her though.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Mon May 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Giacalone Mon May 07, 2012 9:12 pm

Mother of Invention wrote:Also is NASCAR still in its "Boys Have at it phase?" if so I wouldn't expect more then three race probation then.

Key words bolded. Razz

Also, all in all this was a great race to go to, though it would have been better if a Cuppie didn't win. I was admittedly cheering on Whitt on the last lap. Also got pretty worried for McClure...he literally caved the SAFER barrier all the way in if you look at it again. Even McDowell's Texas wreck didn't do that. Glad to hear he'll be okay.
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4